• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things in pokemon that dont make sense

Jigglypuff is an icon too and like Pikachu has managed to get into every smash bros game.
Someone even sang Jiggypuff's song at American Idol.

Jigglypuff is an icon too and like Pikachu has managed to get into every smash bros game.
Someone even sang Jiggypuff's song at American Idol.
Jigglypuff hasn't been seen in the anime since Gen III, and even then, it wasn't in every episode. Pikachu, or more specifically Ash's Pikachu, has been in just about every episode since Day 1.

How Fresh Water, Soda Pop, and Lemonade all heal more than scientific medicine created for the sole purpose of healing your Pokemon. How does Soda even heal anybody at all? All Soda Pop should do is give your Pokemon cavities. xD

How Fresh Water, Soda Pop, and Lemonade all heal more than scientific medicine created for the sole purpose of healing your Pokemon. How does Soda even heal anybody at all? All Soda Pop should do is give your Pokemon cavities. xD

I aggree

DOUBLESLAP *lol* (for those who don't know the attack it hits 2-5 times)

Magikarp and the move splash.
ftw.

Also the move Earthquake missing a pokemon I mean come on, Earthquake hits everything right?

Controversial (and "failed") Fairy-type retcon. Some Fairy-type retcons like Marill and Jigglypuff are okay, Gardevoir is okay, but why let Ralts and Kirlia become part-Fairy if they are in branched evolution line? Gallade is NOT a Fairy, so this makes no point for making Ralts and Kirlia part-Fairy.

I kinda agree on this one.

I like how Pokemon have been retconned but why, Ralts and Kirlia? They should've been left Psychic and you had a chose to turn it into part Fairy or part Fighting.

Why haven't the 2 Nidorans have not merged into 1 Pokemon but with different forms? (Pokemon, evolve differently depending on gender and now Meowsitc have different move-sets depending on gender so why can't the 2 Nidoran merge into 1 Pokemon just with a different form, evolution and move-set depending on gender?)

Controversial (and "failed") Fairy-type retcon. Some Fairy-type retcons like Marill and Jigglypuff are okay, Gardevoir is okay, but why let Ralts and Kirlia become part-Fairy if they are in branched evolution line? Gallade is NOT a Fairy, so this makes no point for making Ralts and Kirlia part-Fairy.

I kinda agree on this one.

I like how Pokemon have been retconned but why, Ralts and Kirlia? They should've been left Psychic and you had a chose to turn it into part Fairy or part Fighting.

Why haven't the 2 Nidorans have not merged into 1 Pokemon but with different forms? (Pokemon, evolve differently depending on gender and now Meowsitc have different move-sets depending on gender so why can't the 2 Nidoran merge into 1 Pokemon just with a different form, evolution and move-set depending on gender?)
1. I personally was expecting Ralts and Kirlia to remain pure Psychic, but in the end it's Gamefreak's decision and they chose to Fairytise them. I don't mind--it seems appropriate to me because of their feminine and adorable looks. But I've said that already in this thread, so I'll stop now.
2. The Nidoran thing is certainly puzzling. Maybe they don't want to mess up the dex order? I dunno.

It's tricky to release a new generation and remove a Pokemon species because then migration becomes an issue.
I guess they could just program it to read the species code and migrate it as the correct gender.

I think the problem with Nidoran is that it's counted as 6 seperate entries in the Pokedex. If you were to ret-con them to only three and make the gender differences match up with the current games, you'd have to move every single pokedex entry after backwards three spaces, and it'd be horribly confusing. Like, Mudkip would go from being #258 in the dex to #255, and it would be too much of a hassle to go back and fix it all. You wouldn't even be able to say "The original 151 pokemon" anymore, they'd be the original 148. xD

Back on topic, one thing that never made sense to me was how everybody in the anime and the games were able to differentiate between their Pokeballs. Like, you've got six Pokemon, but if they're all in standard pokeballs how do you tell them apart? How do you know the Pokeball you just grabbed is your Squirtle and not your Pikachu? How do you not end up with a giant mess when stuff like this happens?

Why does Missingno. only appear in one generation? And why can Lopunny be male? (Why does Lopunny exist? Is it GF's attempt to attract perverts to Pokémon?)

Last edited:

No, sugar doesn't cause cavities, it can easily be washed off with your saliva. Sugar gives Pokémon energy. Plus, normal potions were made to be cheap, so of course they won't be as strong as Max Potions. It makes perfect sense to me.

Edit: sorry for double posting, error on my computer.

I think the problem with Nidoran is that it's counted as 6 seperate entries in the Pokedex. If you were to ret-con them to only three and make the gender differences match up with the current games, you'd have to move every single pokedex entry after backwards three spaces, and it'd be horribly confusing. Like, Mudkip would go from being #258 in the dex to #255, and it would be too much of a hassle to go back and fix it all. You wouldn't even be able to say "The original 151 pokemon" anymore, they'd be the original 148. xD
No we're talking about just Nidoran so it will have a gender based branched evolution like burmy, the Pokedex will only go back one space so we will be saying the original 150 (which a lot of media used to say in the 90s, even after Mew was released.)

As for getting the right Pokeball, I think Ash remembers which Pokemon goes where on his belt. But Misty however keeps hers all in her bag so I wonder how she knows which is which.

I know this was ment to be a kids game but I am still hung up on how any poke (no matter what they are) produce eggs.

Miltank is a cow that lays eggs?!?!?!?

Why does Missingno. only appear in one generation? And why can Lopunny be male? (Why does Lopunny exist? Is it GF's attempt to attract perverts to Pokémon?)

What? Never heard of the word 男の娘 in Japanese?

It means males wearing female clothings, act and behave like girl. Some even believe they were not boy but girl, just that they were born with the wrong body.

It also happens in real life. And is quite a common trope in Japanese otaku community.

attachment.php

You think they are cute and beautiful? They are BOYS!!!!!

attachment.php

Not only in manga, but in real life as well.
Believe it or not. They look like girls, but they are MALE!!!

Attachments

• UP_2.jpg
    UP_2.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 1,617
  • UP_1.jpg
    UP_1.jpg
    721.7 KB · Views: 812
Magikarp and the move splash.
ftw.
I believe Splash was just a move lost in translation. Its Japanese name is はねる (haneru) which can be translated to either splash or hop. In the Japanese games it means hop so that explains why Pokemon who have no association with water can learn it. ^^

Now, as for my submission to the Pokemon Logic library I would like to know why Ice is half effective against Water. Shouldn't it be super effective since Ice is cold and cold, y'know, freezes water? Or is that the whole region it's not very effective against it? ^^||

Why did they change bug and poisons type matchup? it was genius in Gen 1
and why is ice no longer normal effective on fire?
why isnt fire super effective on water? it should evaporate end dehydrate water types

Why did they change bug and poisons type matchup? it was genius in Gen 1
and why is ice no longer normal effective on fire?
why isnt fire super effective on water? it should evaporate end dehydrate water types
Water extinguishes Fire.
Fire melts Ice.
Fire in concentration might be able to evaporate water, but a stronger Water Pokémon would be able to douse a Fire type opponent.
Gamefreak logic dictates that two types can't be weak to each other. One must have the advantage over the other or the game would be too hard to play.

And don't any of you dis Lopunny! There are plenty of feminine-looking Pokémon that can be male!

Gastly and Raichu both mention an Indian Elephant in their Pokedex entries. Unless Asia is the new 7th region the hiker in X/Y was talking about, this is really strange.

Gastly's FireRed entry: "A being that exists as a thin gas. It can topple an Indian elephant by enveloping the prey in two seconds."

Raichu's FireRed entry: Its electric charges can reach even 100,000 volts. Careless contact can cause even an Indian elephant to faint.

Xatu's Pokedex entry mentions South America. Again, is this the real world or the Pokemon world?

Xatu's FireRed entry: In South America, it is said that its right eye sees the future and its left eye views the past.

Dangit FireRed, quit breaking my immersion!

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom