• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things in pokemon that dont make sense

All the 'bone' moves like bone club, bone rush etc are ground-type moves; ground is super-effective against rock & steel; so bone is harder than rock and steel??

Kangaskhan didn't get the baby as a prevolution in gen 2 (Or ever)

The 'Goth' pokemon aren't dark-type??

How it took 6 generations before ice could freeze water (Freeze-dry)

Cut is used on trees in the overworld but is normal-type (not super-effective against grass)

Why specifically Steel instead of generic Metal? This would allow for inclusion of all non-ferrous metals like gold, silver, aluminium etc

the missed opportunities for more Fairy retcons e.g. Manaphy & Phione, lake trio, Audino, Cherrim & Cherubi etc.

lots of stuff about the type-chart match-up just doesn't seem to have an explanation. Like, why are Dragons weak to ice and resist electric?

Why is there no in-game alternative to trade evo. e.g. 'trade stone'

How there have been 6 gens and over 700 pokemon available yet a squad can STILL have no more than 6 pokemon!!! (This is particularly frustrating when breeding/hatching eggs and keeping HM/field slaves around filling up valuable slots.)

Kangaskhan hatches from the egg with her baby already in her pouch.
Cubone already wearing her "dead mother's" skull after hatching from the egg.
Grass should be resistant or immune to Fairy-types.
Charizard getting 2 mega evolutions.
Eevee not having a mega evolution; it's the evolution Pokemon after all. But that would be funny.

How you can fly half way across a region in seconds and do it on something extremeky small like pidgey or fletchling

How are children able to become champions, run schools, command gods, own property (or at least have their names on the signpost) and singlehandedly take down crime syndicates while many of the adults sit around on their butts all day? Granted, the Pokemon world has a different culture where children are considered equals to adults, but still...

You own property in Platinum if I recall.
Where does Kanto's/Johto's/Hoenn's/Sinnoh's/Unova's/Other Unova's Protagonist's Mom sleep?

Where does Kanto's/Johto's/Hoenn's/Sinnoh's/Unova's/Other Unova's Protagonist's Mom sleep?

In the kitchen so she can always be ready to make a sandwich when the need arises. (That was a terrible and horrible joke please don't kill me!)

I always wondered just what the heck the Revive item is supposed to be. It's in-game art is a weird octahedron looking thing, but it's never stated what is is exactly. Is it a pill? Some kind of mineral or vitamin? What are you, Revive?! I just don't know!

welll in the game you're ten years old, which is the minimum age to be a pkmn trainer but yet, you battle trainers younger than you! how do they have a pokemon?

I want to know why, in the real world, inbreeding leads to unhealthy offspring with numerous health problems, but in the Pokemon world, inbreeding Pokemon leads to incredibly powerful Pokemon with far greater genes than their peers. xD

I want to know why, in the real world, inbreeding leads to unhealthy offspring with numerous health problems, but in the Pokemon world, inbreeding Pokemon leads to incredibly powerful Pokemon with far greater genes than their peers. xD
Except in Gen 2 where it won't let you inbreed.

Why can't Cat and Dog Pokemon as well as Seismitoad and Politoed learn lick?

Last edited:
I always wondered just what the heck the Revive item is supposed to be. It's in-game art is a weird octahedron looking thing, but it's never stated what is is exactly. Is it a pill? Some kind of mineral or vitamin? What are you, Revive?! I just don't know!

Taking this idea from a favourite American Dad episode; what if it's a suppository? (since how would you feed anything to someone who fainted?)

More bizarre Pokemon logic: Palkia is the leg dragon of SPACE. All references to cosmos are psychic type. Cosmic Power: psychic. Meteorite pokemon Lunatone & Solrock: part psychic. Deoxys from outer space: psychic. Lunar dance: psychic. So Palkia is naturally dragon/psy...water???

hmm...
I heard somewhere about how crazy it is that
Flying type pokemon are super effective when struck
by lightning in the air while not touching the ground.

Why can't Cat and Dog Pokemon as well as Seismitoad and Politoed learn lick?

That just reminded me: how does licking a Pokemon paralyze it? Do they just get so grossed out by it that they can't move? :XD2:

Also, how come when you fly on something like a Golurk, the flying animation is still clearly a bird?

• Why male-like Pokémon (whether it's their name or how they look) have a female counterpart. Vice versa, too.
  • Certain Pokémon that shouldn't even have a gender, have one.
  • Where is the dad? Why is it always just the mom that's present?
  • A NPC blocks your path, because he or she is looking for some object. He or she will conveniently disappear after you've move the story along.

Last edited:
  • An NPC blocks your path, because he or she is looking for some object. He or she will conveniently disappear after you've move the story along.

I like how they made fun of this in Pokemon Black and White 2 when there's a line of people blocking off one of the routes because they're "dancing for no reason".

How come in Heartgold and Soulsilver, you can't just fly from Johto to Kanto (or vice versa) even if it's a really short distance?

• An NPC blocks your path, because he or she is looking for some object. He or she will conveniently disappear after you've move the story along.

I like how they made fun of this in Pokemon Black and White 2 when there's a line of people blocking off one of the routes because they're "dancing for no reason".

I remember that, LOL. XD

Why is Bug super effective against Dark?

???

Because bugs are more active during nighttime than during daytime.

for myself: I don't understand why you can buy millions of potions and revives but still aren't able to buy something that restores your PP..

Height to weight ratios are very messed up for some pokemon. How can something (Wailord) nearly 50 feet tall weigh only 877 pounds? In real life we have animals a fifth of that size and several times the weight.

What happens when you take a diglett egg and put it on a table before it hatches? Furthermore how does this line use anything that requires a limb or aerial ace?

All members of Nidoran male's line can breed but only Nidoran female can breed and not Nidorina or Nidoqueen. Must suck to hit menopause when you become a teenager.

You can't catch pokemon who has fainted.

Most egg groups are seriously messed up. How does a snake breed with a mongoose especially when they are supposed to be natural enemies?

Why is Oshawott's line not in the water 1 egg group when buizel's line is in water 1 despite them being based on the same group of animals?

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom