• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things in pokemon that dont make sense

Why isn't Gardevoir a 100% Female Pokémon?
Why doesn't Typhlosion Gallade have an MEGA if Gardevoir did?

Also, how come when you fly on something like a Golurk, the flying animation is still clearly a bird?
Because somebody is too slagging lazy to give the big lug his flight mode. C'mon GF! I'm freaking waiting over here! :mad:
And while I'm waiting, could I also get a Mega Golurk? Pretty please?

And why doesn't Gallade have a Mega evolution? I mean, Gardevoir gets one but not Gallade? :confused:

Why are there so many protagonists without fathers? Does GameFreak condone child abandonment? Give us a series with an ideal family setting of father, mother and child for once (and one where they interact, not crap like May/Brendan's non-interacting parents).

How do the trainers stand on the sidelines and not get maimed by the attacks flying around? With Draco Meteor, it'd be like standing a few meters from an artillery strike.

The ability "Truant". Why would you want that?

Not all abilities are meant to be helpful. Truant is a balancing device for an otherwise OP Slaking. Worry seed, Skill swap or other abilities like Mummy help alleviate the problem, but you then have to dedicate part of your team to doing just that. Insofar as a team-building exercise, it does make sense.

Several more typing choices that don't make sense. Yanmega = bug/dragon... no, it's another bug/flying. Darkrai = ghost or part ghost... nope. Tynamo = electric/water... no, but it IS based on real fish that live in water.

Why are ghosts weak to ghost attacks? (Aside from the type-chart balancing issues,) surely ghosts can't scare other ghosts.

Something I also remember that doesn't make sense to me: How any attack in the Anime - ANYTHING - can seemingly cause an explosion. Like Bite. Bite. Luxray (I believe) bit it's foe and the foe exploded. How is that even possible?!

Several more typing choices that don't make sense. Yanmega = bug/dragon... no, it's another bug/flying. Darkrai = ghost or part ghost... nope. Tynamo = electric/water... no, but it IS based on real fish that live in water.

Why are ghosts weak to ghost attacks? (Aside from the type-chart balancing issues,) surely ghosts can't scare other ghosts.

Well, remember, in Japan, the word "Dragonfly" doesn't carry the same connotation of "Dragon" as the English word. And, well, if Darkrai isn't a ghost, he doesn't really need Ghost-typing tacked on to him just because he looks ghastly. He's more of the manifestation of a nightmare (something Dark or Evil) than a Ghost. Now, Tynamo I can agree with. I'd wondered when it was first revealed why it wasn't part Water.

And, I don't really see why Ghosts couldn't scare other Ghosts. ._.

Something I also remember that doesn't make sense to me: How any attack in the Anime - ANYTHING - can seemingly cause an explosion. Like Bite. Bite. Luxray (I believe) bit it's foe and the foe exploded. How is that even possible?!
They must be fans of Thunderbirds

I remember thinking that Darkrai's typing made sense, because its nocturnal, hence the dark typing, and its literally the physical manifestation of a nightmare.

• Where is the dad? Why is it always just the mom that's present?
  • A NPC blocks your path, because he or she is looking for some object. He or she will conveniently disappear after you've move the story along.

I suppose Norman doesn't count.

They found it.

• Where is the dad? Why is it always just the mom that's present?
  • A NPC blocks your path, because he or she is looking for some object. He or she will conveniently disappear after you've move the story along.

I suppose Norman doesn't count.

He does, I suppose. However, besides that one time, it's always the mom that's present. That's usually the case for some RPGs, now that I think about it.

They found it.

It's just funny to me that the NPC has control over you not being able to pass until the item is found. Then, poof, gone.

You character is just a really nice person and wants them to find it and you don't go past incase you step on it. Those manners are what make you destined to be champ~

the other Dad's are the 5th Gym Leader in other regions we have yet to visit. This is clearly canon and not made up.

There is no source, the second sentence was sarcasm meaning I made it up :p.

It's just funny to me that the NPC has control over you not being able to pass until the item is found. Then, poof, gone.

Screenshot 2014-05-01 at 8.48.37 PM.png

Really, the fact that (at least in the anime) Pokemon tend to say their own names.

Here are a few more that I just thought of:

• There used to be a Potion in your PC. How did it get in there, and why was it inside of the PC?
  • Being able to ride your bike or roller skates up stairs.
  • Pokémon that evolve by trading, with an item, depending on the time of day or how much that Pokémon likes you.
  • Where do Gym Leaders get their badges? Who makes them?

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom