• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things in pokemon that dont make sense

Why isn't Gardevoir a 100% Female Pokémon?
Why doesn't Typhlosion Gallade have an MEGA if Gardevoir did?
Why doesn't strikethrough work on linked words in this forum? :p

I have no idea why Gardevoir is not 100% female, but it's not the only feminine-looking Pokémon that can be male. Milotic, Lopunny, Sylveon, Ninetales, Clefairy, Roserade...

As to why Gallade doesn't have a Mega Evolution, it's because it evolves by stone. None of the Pokémon who got Mega Evos evolve to that level by use of a stone. Some of them don't evolve period. This is also why neither Eevee nor its many evolutions will get Mega forms.

Why doesn't Typhlosion Gallade have a MEGA if Gardevoir did?

As to why Gallade doesn't have a Mega Evolution, it's because it evolves by stone. None of the Pokémon who got Mega Evos evolve to that level by use of a stone. Some of them don't evolve period. This is also why neither Eevee nor its many evolutions will get Mega forms.
Well they could stop that streak.

Well they could stop that streak.
They could, but I doubt they will. They've never given Pokémon that evolve by stone additional evolutions after that. There are lines that require two different catalysts for their members to evolve—all of the three-stage lines with baby forms and the Porygon family. However, those that involve evolution stones have them as the second catalyst. The first is usually friendship.

A Pokémon can hold and touch it's evolution stone, without evolving. How do they work? It's a rock, it's not like there's a button you can press.

Mega Evolution can disregard all other rules in place for normal evolution.

I already said it, but I despise that some pokes need items for evolution. What if they never find said item and WANT to evolve? Not to mention that a lot of it is flipping arbitrary. Why do some need stones and others don't? It's clear that the Dawn Stone only exists to put a gender related evo there where there wasn't one before. I could say this for a lot of item related evos. It only exists because this is a game and having other evo methods are more interesting. I prefer to think, if they wanted, a poke can achieve it's evo WITHOUT the items. As for Mega evos, their very nature makes me say the same thing. The items are not necessary. They are accomplished by a full mastery of one's abilities, unleashing their true potential.

Bathrooms.

How do Pokemon go? And the fact that no facility to date in the Pokemon games has a bathrooms/restrooms.

Really.

There are restrooms in the hotel in Luminose (you can't use them, though), and the waitress at the 3-star (iirc) restaurant asks if you want to use the restroom. If you say yes, the screen will turn black for a few seconds.

You can bike on a super narrow ledge but you can't walk on it.

Huh? I mean in real life, it's probably easier to walk on a narrow ledge than to bike on that same ledge.

Also, safety regulations for the gyms. Getting shot out of cannons to traverse the gym has to violate OSHA regs.

Bathrooms.

How do Pokemon go? And the fact that no facility to date in the Pokemon games has a bathrooms/restrooms.

Really.

Hotel Richissime has them. The Laverre Gym has them too. And you can sit on them.

Also, safety regulations for the gyms. Getting shot out of cannons to traverse the gym has to violate OSHA regs.

I know right?! I think Skyla has been in her plane for too long...

As for what I find weird, hmm, the existence of the cut HM. I mean, surf as a HM kinda makes sense, but cut is just complete nonsense! Even Pokemon that are deigned for cutting like Scyther or Honedge need it, just for some tiny trees!

Forgive me if this had already been asked:

Where is the government in the Pokémon world?

Is it the gyms and Pokémon league? That would make some sense, since Gym leaders are feared and respected by many, cooperate/assist with investigations, or just take care of problems before they're problems.

But if that's true, then its leadership is always changing with new league champions (and the player character is neglecting a huge responsibility as champion by continuing their adventure).
How do PokéMarts, the economy, and PokéCenters fit in?

Does a gym's typing then always effect the lifestyle of people in the area? We can see that's true in some cases (mining town: rock Pokémon, nearby ice cavern: ice types).
Maybe this is why so many people go on their own adventures: they just want to find a place in the world they can fit in.

It could be said that this is both the actual case AND an ineffective system, since organized crime is prevalent in the Pokémon World.
Out of all the regions, maybe even Unova is the most organized since their main conflicts are from a nearly religious group, and more of the gym leaders participate in proactively fighting antagonists with the player (compared to other games).

That was a lot longer than I ever intended it to be...

Another real puzzlement: Where did life come from in the Pokémon World?
Some life was theoretically created by super Pokémon (since all we have are myths to go on). But some Pokémon are clearly stated as aliens, like the Staryu and Elgyem families, and Deoxys.
How do they just easily fit in with the rest of the planet's life, and why aren't more people specifically researching their origins and connections to known life?

Are Pokémon Professors really so terrible at science to not consider these things more often? Are the best scientists really mad scientists employed by crime syndicates in this world?

Last edited:
I don't quite understand why all fossil Pokemon are part rock type. Is it just a coincidence that they were all prehistoric rock types that got resurrected? Or do they become rock type upon resurrection?

People eating Pokemon. As they understand human speech and are very intelligent... just why? It's like eating your pet or something... also the cafe Le Wow serves Pokemon and a lot of the food sounds vile.

I'm not sure if these have been said or not, but:
-How one can fly on a Pidgey but not a Gyarados
-How a howl raises strength
-How getting amnesia makes you harder to kill
-How genderless Pokemon are given genders I the anime/side games. KEEP IT CONSISTENT, PEOPLE.

A Pokémon can hold and touch it's evolution stone, without evolving. How do they work? It's a rock, it's not like there's a button you can press.

Maybe you have to break the stone open?

That is something I have wondered, too. Maybe you either have to poke the pokemon with the stone and intend to evolve it, or the Pokemon has to accept the fact that it wants to evolve and just has to be near it?
Several examples of inconsistency can be found from season 1 of the show.
- Pikachu tail-slapped the thunderstone out of ash's hand, and refused to evolve to fight Lt. Surge.
- Then there's clefairy running around holding a moon stone, but not evolving until several moon stones are gathered around a much larger meteorite. Even then, only some of the many clefairy in the vicinity evolved.
- Last, we see someone touch a poliwhirl with a waterstone in The Battling Eevee Brothers, and it immediately evolves. Confusing? Definitely.

I'm not sure if these have been said or not, but:
-How genderless Pokemon are given genders I the anime/side games. KEEP IT CONSISTENT, PEOPLE.

Consistency has never been a strong suite in the anime. Before Gold and Silver came out with the daycare system to breed Pokemon, they were all referred to as genderless creatures in both the games and anime. Ash and company would call Pikachu "it" all through the first season. "It used it's tail as a ground and dodged the electricity", and "Leave pikachu alone! It didn't throw the rock!"
Then later, they gave pikachu a gender and the "it" fell away. Calling a beloved friend an "it" always seemed hollow to me anyway.

My biggest question is this: How can Pokemon Centers afford to operate completely free of charge? They may have answered this in the anime, but I never watched past Johto. Healthcare for both people and animals is very expensive, and the schooling required to become a doctor is as well. Who in the world would spend years in medical school, accumulate thousands of dollars in student loan debt, and emerge to happily work completely for free? Being born into the nurse Joy family would be terrible if you ask me XD

My biggest question is this: How can Pokemon Centers afford to operate completely free of charge? They may have answered this in the anime, but I never watched past Johto. Healthcare for both people and animals is very expensive, and the schooling required to become a doctor is as well. Who in the world would spend years in medical school, accumulate thousands of dollars in student loan debt, and emerge to happily work completely for free? Being born into the nurse Joy family would be terrible if you ask me XD

Not difficult to fathom at all if you live in a country with largely free healthcare (Rule Britannia etc etc). If pokémon related sports really are as big as they appear to be in the anime, it's not hard to imagine that tax revenues from the sport could pay for at least the veterinary side of the Pokémon Centre

I've never understood why you can't knock a Pokémon out if you want to catch it. If I want to catch something, shouldn't I want to make sure that there is no way it can escape. So if I knock out a Pokémon and it's just lying on the ground unconscious, what the hell is preventing me from throwing a Poké Ball and catching it.

I've never understood why you can't knock a Pokémon out if you want to catch it. If I want to catch something, shouldn't I want to make sure that there is no way it can escape. So if I knock out a Pokémon and it's just lying on the ground unconscious, what the hell is preventing me from throwing a Poké Ball and catching it.

When I knocked out the Zapdos in Y, it said "The Zapdos flew away somewhere." Maybe it's the same thing? When it says that you knocked it out, it has actually just made a last ditch effort to get away?

Or maybe you just killed it

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom