• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Things that are strange and why it happened. (Speculation)

Re: Things that are starnge and why it happened. (Speculation)

People should really stop saying "No post E4 story"

There's an entire thing with Looker. There's also the Battle Chateau and Maison.

There was no plot after DP either, and BW's Looker mission seemed less interesting.

It saddens me that some can't accept this as the post-game content. Yes, it may not be of or above their expectation but its better than having actually nothing.

You can hardly blame people for that when we've had a whole Battle Frontier in Gen4 and the PWT (seriously impressive) in Gen 5 plus the Black Tower/White Tree, while maintaining the Join Avenue and stuff.

There were so many things to do post-game in the past generations that this gen may feel considerably less.

There's an entire thing with Looker. There's also the Battle Chateau and Maison.

There was no plot after DP either, and BW's Looker mission seemed less interesting.

It saddens me that some can't accept this as the post-game content. Yes, it may not be of or above their expectation but its better than having actually nothing.

You can hardly blame people for that when we've had a whole Battle Frontier in Gen4 and the PWT (seriously impressive) in Gen 5 plus the Black Tower/White Tree, while maintaining the Join Avenue and stuff.

There were so many things to do post-game in the past generations that this gen may feel considerably less.

Does the Battle Chateau or Mansion suddenly not count?

I don't know how big a scale those are, snd how long it takes to playthrough them, but seeing it is said to be a disappointment, it seems there's considerably less things to do.

Much like how people complained Looker capturing the Sages in BW was hardly any post-game content at all, even if it was post-game stuff to do

I don't know how big a scale those are, snd how long it takes to playthrough them, but seeing it is said to be a disappointment, it seems there's considerably less things to do.

Much like how people complained Looker capturing the Sages in BW was hardly any post-game content at all, even if it was post-game stuff to do

Before you pass judgement, test it yourself. Here is the information so far on both: Battle Chateau and Battle Mansion. Keep in mind there are periodic updates so details may change.

Last edited:
@Dark Kyriaki;
As far as I understand, the wireless capabilities are much better in this game. Considering this franchise lives on Pokemon battles, I don't see how you can also discount the wifi. Granted, Gen V had that too but its not as if the entire game is devoid of things to do after beating it like what people are saying.

Before you pass judgement, test it yourself. Here is the information so far on both: Battle Chateau and Battle Mansion. Keep in mind there are periodic updates so details may be changed.

By reading the description on the net, they do both seem considerably less than the facilities of the Battle Frontier put together. I guess I should wait for updates to see if there are any additional features, but as of now, only by description, putting the two of them together doesn't even comes close to PWT alone, imo.

The only reason people even like PWT more than a Battle Frontier is because we get old gym leaders (and I guess it's easier to get BP), but there's much less variety in the types of trainers you encounter there. At least you could do Rotation battle....but you can do that in Maison now as well.

The only reason people even like PWT more than a Battle Frontier is because we get old gym leaders (and I guess it's easier to get BP), but there's much less variety in the types of trainers you encounter there. At least you could do Rotation battle....but you can do that in Maison now as well.

Even if we don't count the PWT, Gen 5 had the Battle Subway, the Tower/Tree, the Battle Institute, the Stadium, the Court, The Royal Unova...plenty of places where you can battle various trainers. Not to mention activities such as the Join Avenue, PokeStar Studios, and collecting Medals, Musicals, the Underwater Ruins, along with Funfest missions.

If those two facilities are the only post-game stuff to do out of the entire Gen 6 games, then it's understandable how people feel disappointed with the lack of post-game content. However, I do believe that there will be more updates to come, so I will wait to see if there are more before making a final judgment.

There are fewer new Pokemon because they spent so long turning the old ones into 3D.

In addition, remember that Gen. 5 had 156 new ones, more than any other generation. Some Pokemon created for one generation have been "delayed" into another before, for example many of the G2 pokemon were originally meant to be in RGBY, while Shellos and Gastrodon were originally meant for G3, not G4. It's entirely possible that some Pokemon that may have originally been scrapped in Generation V and leftover to be used in Generation VI were used back in Generation V instead in order to give Unova a more full and all-new feeling. One would think, for example, that the Swords of Justice, being based on the French tale of The Three Musketeers, may have originally been created with a French region (like Kalos) in mind, but with Unova having to be "all-new", they were just used there instead.

At least you could do Rotation battle....but you can do that in Maison now as well.
Yet you can't do Sky Battles online for some reason, despite being so promoted...
Which is really weird. You'd think they'd think first and foremost of multiplayer battles.

(Nor Wonder Launcher or Inverted, for that matter)

I don't see why people are complaining about the 'post-game'. There's plenty to do, if you actually look.

I believe Gamefreak created less Pokemon this generation for two reasons. The amount of time it would have taken to convert all previous Pokemon into 3D models, and quite possibly because Gamefreak feel they have reached the point where we already have enough Pokemon that they are now able to start introducing a smaller amount.

I am glad we don't have as many legendary Pokemon as usual as well. Iwouldn't have mind having another 2-3, however, I feel we've received too many legendary Pokemon in the last two generations, so I am happy gen VI didn't introduce a ton of new legendary Pokemon.

it could well be that we only have half the game...

^^ They could have EASILY hid a LOT of content this time around, because as previously stated, nobody's figured out how to hack 3DS games yet. For a company that's been getting pretty much EVERY PART OF THEIR GAMES spoiled the day it's released, this would be a great opportunity for them to surprise us in a BIG way.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom