• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Things that frustrate you in games?

I Stand Out
Reaction score
Save points. We should be able to save anywhere we want. Save points are so antiquated and make me nervous. I don't play games for too long due to various reasons so I need to put it down for a while. I like to know that I can save so I won't lose my data if a random power outage happens or something. (Or with the Switch, I oftentimes put down a game and the battery will be drained before I come back to it).
I actually prefer save points over free saving. Mainly because I forget about it. If I see save points round the place I'm reminded that saving is a thing I should be doing every now and then, whereas if the game trusts me to remember to save frequently, that trust is greatly misplaced. I'll forget to save at any time that isn't "right when I'm about to stop for this session", so save points make sure I keep doing it so I don't lose progress to a Game Over or something.

Though naturally if a game just autosaves we can skip both sides of this problem entirely.

Ah, my heartbroken sighs go throughout the seasons
Reaction score
I actually dislike autosaving because I want to know for sure that my progress has been saved.

On a journey to become whole again.
Reaction score
Squidpartiers/octopartiers in Splatoon. I hate game throwers in general with a burning passion unmatched by anyone but the "partiers" are the most common kind. Worst of it is that they go after you when you don't want to join their stupid tirade. This is why I decided that if I can, I will be a jerk to them just so they learn to do their bullcrap in Private Battles instead of doing in public lobbies.

Last edited:
A user, and nothing more
Reaction score
Button mashing quick time events.

Pikachu Aficinado
Reaction score
I mostly play live games, which means you are connected with people in the present moment.

Well, what I dislike most is that anyone's behaviors can either make or ruin the game for you, and I dislike people who don't read the game rules.

I Stand Out
Reaction score
Lack of/insufficient tutorials.
Monster Hunter World's not the worst at this, but there's a lot of intricacies in there that'd be better explained through more than a couple text boxes. The most egregious offenders are the weapons. You'll get told basic tips about what the weapons do, "rapid blows", "powerful strikes", "attack from a distance", and if you go into the training yard you'll get a couple combo maps and button inputs. But it never tells you about any of the important intricacies to the weapons. How do I get the most out of a long sword's spirit gauge? How do I fight effectively alongside my kinsect? What the fuck do all these HUD icons mean!? It will never tell you. You are expected to work these out through trial and error during gameplay.

Ah, my heartbroken sighs go throughout the seasons
Reaction score
People who promote elitist attitudes.

"You're only a real player if you play Ultra Hard Mode..."
"Only filthy casuals would play Normal mode. Ew, normies!"

and occasionally the reverse: "What? Only sad loser nerds play on hard mode and optimise every single move they make. Weirdo."

Just let people enjoy the game as they want, kids.

On a journey to become whole again.
Reaction score
Vocal minorities who try to take a gaming platform for their own. I'm not going to specify because this is more of a general thing. What's wrong for an online game to be for everyone who wants to play? Mindsets like "this game belong to [insert group]" is extremely toxic and uncalled for. Again, this is more of a general thing because I know there are many types of vocal minority groups who try to do this.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Vocal minorities who try to take a gaming platform for their own. I'm not going to specify because this is more of a general thing. What's wrong for an online game to be for everyone who wants to play? Mindsets like "this game belong to [insert group]" is extremely toxic and uncalled for. Again, this is more of a general thing because I know there are many types of vocal minority groups who try to do this.
This is kinda more or less what I see with some competitive games, where they think that only they should be appealed to. Then again, like you said, they are a minority and other people that play competitively tend to call them out on their behavior.

Lovely
Reaction score
Lag or glitches during online multiplayer games. For example, games that require more than two people to participate at the same time, but either one person is too fast or one person is lagging behind that it is impossible to get good scores or even complete stages.

Billie Eilish/Nina Dobrev Stan
Reaction score
Non regnerating health. It is annoying

☆・゚:♥✧・*cute charm*・✧♥:・゚☆
Reaction score
when there are hard puzzles in rpgs because my brain is too small : (
also i second everyone saying stuff about ppl having bad attitudes in online games.... elitists and ppl who take out their gamer rage on other players make me sadface

Reaction score
when there are hard puzzles in rpgs because my brain is too small : (
Stay away from Avalon Code for DS, then. I gave up on that game because there was a weapon locked behind a 16x16 sliding puzzle with lots of blank tiles. I still have flashbacks of that one puzzle.

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
For me, there are two major things that get my Gogoat in games.

First off, it's when you need to obtain items/characters that can very much qualify as bragging rights rewards in order to 100% complete a game. As a casual gamer, I prefer to just take my time and enjoy a game. But when certain items/characters are locked behind extremely high barriers that require insane skill to obtain in order to 100% the game, that's where I fall short. A very good example for me is N. Tropy in Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled. While I can unlock his ghosts in the Time Trials, beating his ghosts are quite another thing, ESPECIALLY since it often requires liberal use of Blue Fire, something that I STILL haven't mastered (I suck at racing games because my reflexes get panicky whenever I'm forced to react to high speed events). I've only beaten a couple of his ghosts, with the most recent race (the newest Grand Prix's track) being the first time I actually curb-stomped him (without Blue Fire, despite it being accessible in the track), so unlocking his actual character, let alone his digital clock skin, is a massive uphill battle for me.

Secondly, it's when content is locked behind pre-order bonuses that actually contribute to 100% the game. A good example is Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, as about 11% of the "dex" is locked away behind pre-order codes (BlackAgumon's family, BlackGabumon's family, Beelzemon Blast Mode, etc) and cannot be obtained by any other means in-game. There are ways to get around it (like creating a "foreign" account and download the overseas digital version will contain all the "cut" content), but unless you were there on day 1 with the pre-order code, there isn't any other "legitimate" way of obtaining the missing data. If the pre-order stuff was just bonus content then I have no beef with it, but when it's content that is actually important to the game and it gets locked behind pre-order codes with no other way of obtaining it THAT'S when it crosses the line.