• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things that frustrate you in games?

There's some advantages to specific save spots though. It usually indicates a boss battle is nearby or something and serves as a reminder. Free saves is more flexible, but what if you forget?
Hence the auto-save system. I do agree that I generally prefer save points over free saving, for the exact reasons you've pointed out. But a solid auto-save system removes both problems. No chance of losing progress since your last save point, and no chance of forgetting to save because your memory is not a factor.

Honestly, Auto Saves shouldn't even be put in games that you can get rid of hard to acquire items easily, it's one of the few parts of Minecraft that I don't like. Every time you pause it, it saves, doesn't matter whether you clicked "Save and Quit" on your world or simply closed out. The only way to exit the world without saving (I think) is to use the inventory or pretty much anything else that allows your pointer free movement.

Bad cameras. They're often something I'm able to live with, but it's always obnoxious to have a camera that doesn't work like you want and not be able to play with it. Auto-adjusting cameras are especially obnoxious. Did you ever think that the reason I angled the camera this way is because I would like to use that angle? If I want it put back I will do it my fucking self thank you very much. Special mention goes to the first two Jak games, where in Precursor Legacy pressing right on the stick makes the fucking camera turn left, and vice versa. Jak II fixes this, but also has a secret button combination that can re-invert them. That I accidentally triggered. And then had to spend 10 minutes searching for the fix because aiming in that game is bad enough with a proper camera let alone a camera that shifts backwards. Jak 3 finally gets the fucking memo and just has a camera menu where you can set the inversion on both axes yourself.

Bad cameras. They're often something I'm able to live with, but it's always obnoxious to have a camera that doesn't work like you want and not be able to play with it. Auto-adjusting cameras are especially obnoxious. Did you ever think that the reason I angled the camera this way is because I would like to use that angle? If I want it put back I will do it my fucking self thank you very much. Special mention goes to the first two Jak games, where in Precursor Legacy pressing right on the stick makes the fucking camera turn left, and vice versa. Jak II fixes this, but also has a secret button combination that can re-invert them. That I accidentally triggered. And then had to spend 10 minutes searching for the fix because aiming in that game is bad enough with a proper camera let alone a camera that shifts backwards. Jak 3 finally gets the fucking memo and just has a camera menu where you can set the inversion on both axes yourself.
The only thing worse than a camera with inverted controls is a camera that you can't even control yourself. Capcom should've really got the memo that games in a wide 3D space need a controllable camera, but apparently, they didn't get that memo with Mega Man X7, forcing the player to move the character in a way for the camera to finally get into the ideal angle. It was all just a hassle.

Last edited:
I was trying to finally finish Bravely Default a few months ago, and got soo put off by the part towards the end of the game where you have to rematch a few bosses like. five times in a row? I was getting so bored and exhausted of the constant repetition, and haven't picked it up since. I want the best ending which requires defeating them all too which means I have to do it at some point.. and I'm so close... but ugh, it was such a bad game design decision.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom