• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things that should go away/be changed

I disagree. This makes for more of a challenge. And do what I do and play while plugged in.

The thing is, I don't find it challenging in the slightest. It seems to be more based on luck then anything.

That's not always possible though depending on where you are when you are playing. If they maintain the underground in the next gen, then they should have the option of whether to activate the wireless signals.

They do need more shops with rare items.

You don't have much use for all the money you get besides Pokeballs and the Potions/Revives for the E4 run.

They do need more shops with rare items.

You don't have much use for all the money you get besides Pokeballs and the Potions/Revives for the E4 run.

I use it to always have 99 ultra balls on me, multiple full resotres, max potions, full heals, max repels, escape ropes, and revives. That gets expensive.

Buying vitamins. Also expansive. Plus those are rare.

Using the daycare for breeding for the best team. Another expensive part.

There's a lot to do with money.

As much as I don't care about Gen V it would be nice if they gave us new, bigger item sprites.

Third Generation in the row using the same, outdated and tiny sprites from Generation III times? Come on...

why do they have to be so big? The size they have now is fine.

It's not. Something that never get artworks (except back in Generation I in the secret, forgotten sticker set) deserve big sprites, for the justice.

Well, to each his own. I think the sprites they have now are fine.

I think the sprites are fine aswell.

I think they should change how the bag is displayed. Maybe in more of a grid form so that navigating is easier.

That would ruin pokemon's core concept of trading.

I don't think a lot of you understand why certain choices were made for features in these games.

I forgot about that :dumb: sorry. Now that i think about it it actually makes sense.Finding the starters in the wild was a bad idea.

On the other hand i still don't see the harm in choosing your starter as long as it has three stages, is native to the region your playing in and is of a type that adheres to the rock-paper-scizors rule.That is just my opinion but if you feel differently please give me logical counter arguments.

And another thing,contrary to popular belief,sound type,in my opinion, is far more likely than light type mainly for the reasons stated in my previous post.(and 18 types=6 sets of 3)

I forgot about that :dumb: sorry. Now that i think about it it actually makes sense.Finding the starters in the wild was a bad idea.

On the other hand i still don't see the harm in choosing your starter as long as it has three stages, is native to the region your playing in and is of a type that adheres to the rock-paper-scizors rule.That is just my opinion but if you feel differently please give me logical counter arguments.

And another thing,contrary to popular belief,sound type,in my opinion, is far more likely than light type mainly for the reasons stated in my previous post.(and 18 types=6 sets of 3)

Not really an arguement, but the only types that work in the same circle as Fire-Grass-Water does would be Rock-Flying-Fighting, in being both super-effective against the next type in the circle, and resistant to the remaining type. The Dark-Psychic-Fighting I hear a lot of people suggesting only works one way, super-effective against the next type, but not all of them resist the other type.

Not really an arguement, but the only types that work in the same circle as Fire-Grass-Water does would be Rock-Flying-Fighting, in being both super-effective against the next type in the circle, and resistant to the remaining type. The Dark-Psychic-Fighting I hear a lot of people suggesting only works one way, super-effective against the next type, but not all of them resist the other type.

Who's going to use a fire type to attack a water type? the same people who would use a psychic to attack a dark. Who cares if the triangle doesn't run in reverse? No one is going to follow that triangle.

Regardless, Fire-Water-Grass is here to stay. It's been confirmed for a while.

I like it. Give me my uninspired, uninteresting Rock-Paper-Scissors type triangle. If there's one constant that I hope they keep forever, it's Fire-Water-Grass.

Now then, spicing up how to combo those types is what I want.

You could catch them AFTER defeating the elite 4.Just like non-regional pokemon.

That would ruin pokemon's core concept of trading.

Not if only the starter you chosed at the very begging is the only one available in the wild ;-) I mean, how many of you don't breed your starter anyway? If just for trading it to others.

I hope they remove the game corner (stupid anti-gambling laws) and replace it with a game arcade with multiple mini-games. Yes i'm butthurt because they took away our precious slots in HG/SS and all future pokemon games.

Who's going to use a fire type to attack a water type? the same people who would use a psychic to attack a dark. Who cares if the triangle doesn't run in reverse? No one is going to follow that triangle.

It's just as imprtant. that way say if you choose Squirtle, and you fighting Bulbasaur it'll hit you hard, while if you fight Charmander it's attacks will be weak against you. They designed that circle to go both ways for a reason. So that'd you are strong against one offensively and defensively, and weak to the other both offensively and defensively. HERP DERP.

And the only other circle that would work this way is Rock-Flying-Fighting. I am completely against changing it from Fire-Grass-Water anyways, but the point remains.

Introducing a new type and possibly coupled with tweaks here and there made to the type chart and they can potentially make 6 triangles with all the types.
That will allow you to use pokemon with never before seen types as starters like normal or bug.Am i right?

Exchanging items for services. I don't want to have to go underground and waste my battery for a heart scale. I'd rather just pay the bloke so that I can go back to having fun.
The underground is something that should stay. Or, at the very least, there should be a way to collect rare/one-use items as many times as you want (the underground does this a la the digging mini game). I would hate the pressure of choosing which pokemon to use an evolutionary stone on, which pokemon to hold a plate, etc.

Introducing a new type and possibly coupled with tweaks here and there made to the type chart and they can potentially make 6 triangles with all the types.
That will allow you to use pokemon with never before seen types as starters like normal or bug.Am i right?

I'd rather they don't. When they release something other than Fire-Grass-Water as the starters, I won't buy it. Too much of a staple of the series for me to continue playing with that beign changed. And Introducing a new type, though with some worj they could maybe possibly work it in ok, as a HUGE chance of completely unbalancing the types and causing some to be broken. The only reason Steel and Dark were even added was to fix the horribly broken type system Gen 1 had.

The highest capacity DS cart in production is 4Gb, DPP were 256Mb.

Just throwing that out there.

That's ridiculous! Just a little late but OMG I had no idea. I knew that Pokemon used less than they are capable but REAllY!?

Give us more to fill that space GAMEFREAK!!

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom