• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things that should go away/be changed

I'm going to assume it's because that means they'll have to be traded over from DPPt.

Well, with BW lacking non-Isshu Pokémon, you'll still be unable to catch Eeevee, Magnemite and Nosepass, so whatever, you'll need to transfer them from a Gen IV game even in their basic forms. So it's no big deal, just transfer them evolved.

-------------------

Although not an in-game thing, you know what I really want to change for once? The games' manual. Game after game it's the exact same format and even the exact same text. You don't believe me? Take your Gold/Silver/Crystal manual and you Diamond/Pearl/Platinum manual. Read the story. The introductions feature the same text. They only switch the prof,'s and region's name. Scroll to the next page. Same text for the game's objective, same text for the menu... word by word they've been copy-pasting the same manual for 10 fucking years. The only things that do change are the obvious particularities of each game (characeter names and new features that weren't included in previous games and thus in previous manuals). The next time I buy a Pokémon game (and I mean my Black Version when it comes out in America) I want to enjoy reading the manual. Is it that much to ask for?

Well, with BW lacking non-Isshu Pokémon, you'll still be unable to catch Eeevee, Magnemite and Nosepass, so whatever, you'll need to transfer them from a Gen IV game even in their basic forms. So it's no big deal, just transfer them evolved.

Oh, I was not aware BW would be lacking non-Isshu Pokémon, sorry.

Or, you know, the simple "oh look here's an area that emulates those conditions in this new region!" solution. Deoxys wasn't locked into its forms in Gen IV, they created meteors for it to change form. They even made those meteors for HgSs.

Oh yes, that could work too. Although I always thought of Mt. Coronet as a 'special' mountain for it's magnetic field, so it wouldn't be so unique if all generations to come had to feature one.

Last edited:
Although not an in-game thing, you know what I really want to change for once? The games' manual. Game after game it's the exact same format and even the exact same text. You don't believe me? Take your Gold/Silver/Crystal manual and you Diamond/Pearl/Platinum manual. Read the story. The introductions feature the same text. They only switch the prof,'s and region's name. Scroll to the next page. Same text for the game's objective, same text for the menu... word by word they've been copy-pasting the same manual for 10 fucking years. The only things that do change are the obvious particularities of each game (characeter names and new features that weren't included in previous games and thus in previous manuals). The next time I buy a Pokémon game (and I mean my Black Version when it comes out in America) I want to enjoy reading the manual. Is it that much to ask for?

I don't think it's a priority, considering how few people actually read the manuals. It's quite a straightforward game, once you've read the manual for one, you won't need to read the manual for any other of the games.

I don't think it's a priority, considering how few people actually read the manuals. It's quite a straightforward game, once you've read the manual for one, you won't need to read the manual for any other of the games.

I'm aware of what you say, but still, I for one actually enjoy reading the manual, it's like music CD's. You're buying the music, the "work of art" is the songs, but still you expect a nice booklet within the case, don't you? Well, that's the same for me and video game manuals, so I want a nice manual that surprises me at least a little.

And I know I'm not the only one, people online pay large sums of money for old games' manuals.

I think I still have my Red version manual (and Blue and Yellow). Those things kicked ass.

I still have my Red and Yellow Versions' manuals too, and it was a very original and creative manual. It really made me feel like a Pokémon trainer. As you just said, it kicked ass.

And so it should be. Get too far into the metagame, and it stops being about pokémon at all.

Anyway, as for my two penn'orth. Change I'd like to see is this silly one-upmanship with legendary pokémon. We went from a few elemental birds and a gene-engineered ... thing to the beings that caused the universe to be. And it just seems ... contrived. Like I'm expected to yell "This thing made time? OSOME!!!!"

Tullio
And those elemental birds were...just there for the sake of being there,without any backstory,feeling like random Pokemon that have no connection to the region.It wasn't until Generation III that they started bothering to flesh out the backstories.Also,Lugia is the bird trio master,yet somehow that connection is never explained in-game.
The more backstory,the merrier.

Has this been said on this thread before?

IV's need to go

(Or get drastically overhauled)

Event Legendaries. If GF wants to keep creating them, that's fine but knock it off with the farting them out via gifts. I want to be able to catch these guys in game and give them a blasted nickname, which I can't do thanks to the current system.

This was one of the reasons I was so happy to play the Delta Episode. I was able to nickname my Deoxys "Vok" again.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom