• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things that should go away/be changed

Apex

˙pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ buıuɹnʇ doʇs
Reaction score
I don't mean JUST Pokemon. I mean things that have gotten absurd over the games that have come out overtime. Like the chronic usage of the same pokemon...that's been in EVERY regional dex. That and some trainers are just ridiculous...I mean Farmers? Ranchers? what's next...Hobos?

Last edited:
Re: Things that should go away.

People who own Pokemon are able to compete in legitimate Pokemon battles. You are saying that farmers and ranchers, who themselves probably take care of Pokemon aren't allowed to battle? Yeah, let's replace all the trainer classes with just "Pkmn Trainer"

I'm just wondering what train of thought got ypu from farmers to hobos :/

I don't mean JUST Pokemon. I mean things that have gotten absurd over the games that have come out overtime. Like the chronic usage of the same pokemon...that's been in EVERY regional dex. That and some trainers are just ridiculous...I mean Farmers? Ranchers? what's next...Hobos?

I'm just gonna go on record and say I disagree with everything you said.

There's nothing wrong with the Pokemon that have been in every region. And what's wrong with having ranchers as trainers?

Seriously, do you have any reasons to not like these things or are you jsut whining.

Never subtract anything. Ever. Why take away stuff? Especially cosmetic junk, like types of trainers.

The mind, it boggles.

I'm just wondering what train of thought got ypu from farmers to hobos :/

Yeah that's kinda weird. I like the additional trainer classes added each Gen, it adds more diversity to the "Pokemon World."

As for what I want to see go - one use items. There are so many items now, the bags get really full, but most of these really serve no or little purpose. If some of these items could be used for a few things, then it wouldn't be so bad, but for things like the Dragon Scale, being used only for the evolution of Seadra is kind of annoying. If some of the Pokemon introduced in this Gen would use these items for evolving, I think it would be better - even if they just had more Pokes evolving from the Gen I stones it would be good.

Ohh yes. Let's rewind all the way to Gen 1, while we're at it. :| After all, Pokemon was better than it was a dull, boring, empty world with few trainers, and even fewer Pokemon, right?

Please, no Zubats. Zubat should be Nat Dex only for Gen V. Every time I see one I die a little inside :(

Please, no Zubats. Zubat should be Nat Dex only for Gen V. Every time I see one I die a little inside :(
So why not just take every common Pokemon and place it into the Nat.Dex right? Oh wait but then there are other Pokemon who are not common but will keep showing up, so..we just move them to the Nat.Dex too.

:p Nah let's move EVERY Pokemon into the Nat.Dex.

I'd like to see them do away with random battles and instead let you see the pokemon on the overworld. They could still preserve the excitement of battling against the unknown by having some generic enemy sprites the way Tales of Symphonia did.

I'd also like to see them do away with those godawful Game Boy quality pokemon screeches and replace them with better quality cries.

I'd also like to see them do away with those godawful Game Boy quality pokemon screeches and replace them with better quality cries.
I have to agree here, some are just plain awful to hear.

Also sometimes when the Pokemon animations move in battles they become somewhat pixelated for a few moments, that could be fixed to make the images all clear.

I want to have got rid of the whole beginner trainer concept as well as the evil Team plan. It's been nice so far, but I'd like something different this time.

Like Insominiac, I completely agree. I've been wanting this since yellow to be honest so nostalgia's not an problem for me. It's kind of bad that pikachu's yellow voice was better than the voice it's got now.

I'd also like to see gone... hmmm... most of the weak grunts in the villian team. Just put them up to the level of most trainers at that point in the game and give them more variety in pokemon. Also I know it won't happen but I like all the 'As you are so kind to your pokemon' stuff to go.

Not sure what's outlandish about farmers being pokemon trainers when real world farmers are usually surrounded by animals.

Regarding the cries, it'd be nice if they could have an in-game item (or even better, an option)that lets you switch between the old and revamped versions, kind of like the GB player in the 2nd gen remakes.
In any case, yeah. Replacing the archaic renditions they use now would be good. What they did for the stadium games was ideal, and it's a shame they never went with it on more advanced systems.

I'd also like the antagonists to have more variety in their rosters. Feels like they've had pretty much the same thing in every game. Zubat, Golbat, a bunch of other assorted pokemon recycled over and over for a particular team. Even the admins aren't immune, so it gets kinda boring.

Last edited:

They have Pokemon, they can command them, they can kick your ass. It gives the feeling that you are in a world where the animals that inhabit it are always in your life, and in everyone's life. Your literally just asking the games to be spiky haired prepubescent boys to kick other 10 year old prepubescent boys asses.

How about this:

"There is already saved data, are you sure you want to overwrite it?" Every time you save over your own game! That kind of warning should only be present when you're saving a new game over an old one, otherwise it doesn't really get your attention when it's actually important.

How about this:

"There is already saved data, are you sure you want to overwrite it?" Every time you save over your own game! That kind of warning should only be present when you're saving a new game over an old one, otherwise it doesn't really get your attention when it's actually important.
They should really just get rid of the one save bull and give us 3.Unless it isn't possible having 3 saves with a wide variable of how many Pokemon owned and their movesets.

They should really just get rid of the one save bull and give us 3.Unless it isn't possible having 3 saves with a wide variable of how many Pokemon owned and their movesets.

Surprisingly, the Pokemon games aren't very big when it comes to cart size. They could easily fit several saves onto them.

However, this goes against the whole concept of people trading, etc, and they probably won't do it.

Cries are fine. I don't want to have to get used to new cries for old Pokemon.

Really, stuff like Zubat should just be less common, rather than relegated to National Dex altogether.

I think they just need to find a Zubat and Geodude replacement, you know, kind of how like each Gen has a new Rattata/Pidgey/Ect? Make a cool new bat to fill in the caves that plays differently (like a fruit bat as opposed to a vampire bat) and a new, interesting Rock family.

Cries are fine. I don't want to have to get used to new cries for old Pokemon.

But that's like saying "I don't want to have to get used to new sprites for old Pokemon". The sprites have been updated for each new game, and yet the cries still sound exactly like they have since the first games have been released. It's like using those God-awful sprites from the Japanese Red and Green in HG/SS. I'm not saying they completely change the cries, just update them so you can still recognize them, and yet they don't sound terrible compared to current Pokemon's cries.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom