• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things that you hate that everyone else loves

Cheese.
In general that is.

I like mozzarella, as on pizzas and the big balls of buffalo cheese.
And I can tolerate cheddar, barely. Only in very specific, case-by-case situations.
Everything else is right out and I will not willingly eat something I know has any other form of cheese.

Living creatures.
What?
I never really got along with most life. I have a small fear of most animals, and I can only slightly tolerate humans because I'm one of them, and even then... Sometimes I wish I were something else, but then I remember that I'd probably get killed by some other life form. I sometimes make myself wonder if there's another place out there that has completely different principles, where everything that is considered "messed up" and "mental" is there, and people who are dismissed as "insane" can see through the boundaries and are driven crazy by the sheer... power.

Invader Zim
It's not that I hate it. I just don't get what's so special about it besides GIR? Is he the only reason it's so popular, or the fact that it was short lived?

Also this is a recent one but Sam and Cat, the new Dan Schneider show on Nickelodeon. You take my least favorite character from iCarly and my least favorite character from Victorious and give them their own show. I watched the first two episodes and I didn't think they were all that funny. Drake and Josh is a much better buddy comedy show. I know it's early to judge this show right away but from what I've seen so far it's nothing that special.

Ed Edd n' Eddy- This show was stupid to me as a kid then, and I still find it incredibly dumb now. Jawbreakers, butter toast...wtf was the point of this show? Double D's hair looks like a wig or something.

90% of CN's shows- Sorry, I was much more the "Kids' WB" kid when I was little. Barring the Dragonball Series, Yu Yu Hakusho, Trigun, Wolf's Rain, and Rurouni Kenshin, I can't think of much I've ever liked that CN airs. Most of their shows make me change the channel 5 minutes in.

FRED (Fred Cruikshank)- Loud, annoying, obnoxious, irritating...could go on all day, really. Everyone hates Marvin Marvin, so that's not even debatable.

Invader Zim
It's not that I hate it. I just don't get what's so special about it besides GIR? Is he the only reason it's so popular, or the fact that it was short lived?

Also this is a recent one but Sam and Cat, the new Dan Schneider show on Nickelodeon. You take my least favorite character from iCarly and my least favorite character from Victorious and give them their own show. I watched the first two episodes and I didn't think they were all that funny. Drake and Josh is a much better buddy comedy show. I know it's early to judge this show right away but from what I've seen so far it's nothing that special.

Agreed. Honestly, Invader Zim creeped me out as a kid. I liked it, but never understood why everyone loves it.

Drake and Josh was one of my favorite shows on Nick back when it aired.

"Hug me brother!!!!!" --Josh
"Ewww, no. I have a date tonight." --Drake

"What did you say about Oprah?" *Glares Menacingly* --Josh
"Oh, ummm, nothing. Nothing." --Drake

Last edited:
I hate Fred too. My cousin and her friends think he's "hot" and that's pretty much the only reason they like him. I think he's annoying and I never found him funny. Lucas as himself is okay but I hate the Fred character. I also hate the Annoying Orange and it just baffles me that the most annoying characters on the internet got their own TV shows.

Also yes, Drake and Josh is probably one of my all time favorite Nickelodeon shows. Dan said that he wanted to do another comedy show like that but with two females, but it's just not doing it for me.

As for a few other things, it's not that I hate them. A majority of the things that are popular are either things that I'm just not into, I can't get into, or I just grew out of it. Things like Adventure Time (I think that the Bravest Warriors is much better and should be on CN), MLP (it's okay but I'm not a huge fan), Homestuck (can't get into it), One Direction (Big Time Rush is a much better boy band to me), Doctor Who (I'm not really into sci-fi so I just can't get into this series), and shonen anime like Naruto, Bleach, etc. I haven't tried Fairy Tail yet so I'll see if I can get into that. I'm also not really into shooters like Call of Duty, Gears of War, etc. Then again my favorite games are things like Kirby and Pokemon so that may explain it XD

I hate Fred too. My cousin and her friends think he's "hot" and that's pretty much the only reason they like him. I think he's annoying and I never found him funny. Lucas as himself is okay but I hate the Fred character. I also hate the Annoying Orange and it just baffles me that the most annoying characters on the internet got their own TV shows.

Also yes, Drake and Josh is probably one of my all time favorite Nickelodeon shows. Dan said that he wanted to do another comedy show like that but with two females, but it's just not doing it for me.

As for a few other things, it's not that I hate them. A majority of the things that are popular are either things that I'm just not into, I can't get into, or I just grew out of it. Things like Adventure Time (I think that the Bravest Warriors is much better and should be on CN), MLP (it's okay but I'm not a huge fan), Homestuck (can't get into it), One Direction (Big Time Rush is a much better boy band to me), Doctor Who (I'm not really into sci-fi so I just can't get into this series), and shonen anime like Naruto, Bleach, etc. I haven't tried Fairy Tail yet so I'll see if I can get into that. I'm also not really into shooters like Call of Duty, Gears of War, etc. Then again my favorite games are things like Kirby and Pokemon so that may explain it XD

Same here. Everyone I know loves Regular Show, for example, but to me Mordecai and Rigby just seem like two typical guys hanging out and getting themselves in a bunch of trouble all the time. XD.

I used to find Annoying Orange hilarious at one point, but I think he can get fairly irritating in long bursts, especially with that laugh of his.

Fred as a person is cool. It's his videos I'm not a huge fan of myself. More his Nickeleodeon work than anything else.

-Call of Duty
-Naruto
-Pokemon 3rd Gen (though I don't hate it, but I dislike it)
-Any Yu-Gi-Oh series besides the original
-Mainstream media
-Olives
-McDonald's
-Football

There's probably more, I might edit later on.

homestuck. doctor who fans. bronies. people who think the 90s were the best thing to happen to the world.

i can't think of anything that i really hate, but these are things/people i'm not fond of. generally prefer not to spend much time dwelling on what i don't like.

Oh one more thing I hate:

Comic Frickin' Sans (MS)

I hate it. It's used EVERYWHERE. Even the people at CERN use it:

CERN_comic_sans_higgs_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg

And then even as inappropriate as a GRAVESTONE:

8238052_93943a6212_z.jpg

And then on coins. Yeah, good going on getting rid of the penny Canada, put use a different font for your coins:

images

I love Comic Fricken Sans haha XD

Times New Roman man, Times New Roman. I'm so sick of using it in papers and stuff. I could use another font but its just stuck like...that. /sighs

Moe. Does moe count?

Ed Edd n' Eddy- This show was stupid to me as a kid then, and I still find it incredibly dumb now. Jawbreakers, butter toast...wtf was the point of this show? Double D's hair looks like a wig or something.

90% of CN's shows- Sorry, I was much more the "Kids' WB" kid when I was little. Barring the Dragonball Series, Yu Yu Hakusho, Trigun, Wolf's Rain, and Rurouni Kenshin, I can't think of much I've ever liked that CN airs. Most of their shows make me change the channel 5 minutes in.

I loved Cartoon Network as a kid, but I never liked Ed, Edd & Eddy because I thought it was stupid.

So relieved to find someone who agrees!

Nostalgia-obsessed people. You know, it's good to remember the old times, like the 90's and whatnot, but don't dwell on it.
Raw tomatoes, they're awful.
Little kids are obnoxious; I don't know how people stand them. I can be with them for 5 minutes, but that's about it.
Everyone says mangoes are sweet and delicious, but everytime I have eaten a mango it was bitter and stringy. Even worse, I have 2 mango trees in the backyard and they produce copious amounts of mangoes that no one in the family eats, so I give them to friends.

Everyone says mangoes are sweet and delicious, but everytime I have eaten a mango it was bitter and stringy. Even worse, I have 2 mango trees in the backyard and they produce copious amounts of mangoes that no one in the family eats, so I give them to friends.
So... why not just saw down the trees?

I've seen more people mock Comic Sans for being so ugly than liking it.

I don't like Ed Edd 'n' Eddy either.

This isn't something "EVERYONE loves" at all but I don't like drinking alcohol, most kinds I've had smell and taste vile to me.

I've seen more people mock Comic Sans for being so ugly than liking it.

A lot of people do bash on Comic Sans, but there's also a lot of people who use it, and like it. Overuse it, to be exact. Judging from the fact it's used everywhere, a lot of people do love this font for some odd reason.

d09.jpg
So true.

5473169912_0629a7c486_z.jpg
You using Comic Sans doesn't make it serious anymore.

comicsans_4666.PNG
Using Comic Sans on a topic as serious as this, makes it inappropriately funny.

4460350327_9d9ff01f3a.jpg
I would be one of the few people to bust out a Sharpie and scribble "DON'T USE COMIC SANS!!!" right on the sign.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom