• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things that you hate that everyone else loves

Everyone says mangoes are sweet and delicious, but everytime I have eaten a mango it was bitter and stringy. Even worse, I have 2 mango trees in the backyard and they produce copious amounts of mangoes that no one in the family eats, so I give them to friends.
So... why not just saw down the trees?
Besides those mangoes, they're full-grown shade trees that are next to the lake, so that spot is a little fishing paradise.

Last edited:
Everyone says mangoes are sweet and delicious, but everytime I have eaten a mango it was bitter and stringy. Even worse, I have 2 mango trees in the backyard and they produce copious amounts of mangoes that no one in the family eats, so I give them to friends.
Besides those mangoes, they're full-grown shade trees that are next to the lake, so that spot is a little fishing paradise.
Oh.
Wait.
You have a lake in your backyard?
Your backyard must be pretty freakin huge.

EDIT: Second wait.
There are different kinds of mangoes, one of which is very bitter that I don't like. I'm assuming that that's the only kind that you've tasted.

Last edited:
Oh no, I don't have the lake all to myself. I have a pretty average-sized house/backyard. It's a large lake/canal system that is connected throughout many neighborhoods, so a lot of houses here share a lake/canal. Sorry if I wasn't specific XD
But, yeah, you could be right about them being bitter variety mangoes.
Oh.
Wait.
You have a lake in your backyard?
Your backyard must be pretty freakin huge.

EDIT: Second wait.
There are different kinds of mangoes, one of which is very bitter that I don't like. I'm assuming that that's the only kind that you've tasted.

Homestuck. I've gone into detail about the cosplayers pissing me off. It's not so much the content.

90s nostalgia people are so annoying - especially since I was born halfway through it. And there's bad stuff in it too. The first half of the 90s had a lot of laughable rap music. Ever listen to "Tootsie Roll"? That song seriously sounds like a joke. It's not good at all; it's terrible. (I do like "Baby Got Back", though.) That same time also had a shitload of environmentalist propaganda directed at little kids, probably due to piggybacking on Captain Planet's popularity at the end of the 80s. I don't like when little kids' movies have environmentalist messages. Don't get me wrong, I do support protecting the environment, but a 5-year-old isn't going to understand the overly preachy message. Granted, most of the cartoons of the 90s are better than the ones of the 80s. But the 90s had awful cartoons too (such as the Darkstalkers cartoon - ever wonder why Americans don't make cartoons based on Japanese video games anymore?).

Last edited:
Oh boy, I have many of these.

• Taylor Swift: I just hate many of her songs, especially Love Story and Never Get Back Together or whatever it is called.
  • Call of Duty: The majority of kids in my country play this silly game. I call it "Mall of Snooties" nowadays.
  • Ice cream: I love sweets, but this one is an exception. It's too cold and it melts quickly.
  • I Love It by Icona Pop: Agghh, I can just lengthily complain how much little talent this song is put into.
  • Happy Feet: It is a seriously tedious movie. I can only watch 20 minutes of it and that is it.
  • Best friend relationships: I went through terrible experiences with my former best friend.

That is all I can think of for now...

EDIT: Yay, now I have more things.

• Horror: I am not scared by it, I just think it's rather meh. And speaking of horror...
  • Lavender Town: Boring. First time I've played Pokemon Blue, I wasn't scared of the Lavender Town music, or loved it. (I was scared of the Pokemon Tower music as a kid, though.) I saw it as yet another town, but oh gosh it is absolutely popular. I am also tired of the stupid "rumours" of both the town and the music. >_>

Last edited:
Sylveon. The speculation about it has really made me hate it. Especially this speculation:

"It's going to be FEMALE ONLY!"

Just because it's pink DOES NOT mean it's going to be female-only. Are Slowpoke and Lickitung female-only? No! And as for its type - I highly doubt Flabebe, Swirlix, and Spritzee are going to be female-only. Fairies can be male, you know. BTW, Glaceon and Vaporeon look very feminine too, and they're usually male.

Sylveon. The speculation about it has really made me hate it. Especially this speculation:

Just because it's pink DOES NOT mean it's going to be female-only. Are Slowpoke and Lickitung female-only? No! And as for its type - I highly doubt Flabebe, Swirlix, and Spritzee are going to be female-only. Fairies can be male, you know. BTW, Glaceon and Vaporeon look very feminine too, and they're usually male.

I hated that speculation since I heard it, I think it's pure BS.
It doesn't make sense anyway, why would the new evolution be female-only when Eevees in general are "87.5% male, 12.5% female"...? So it'll be "more rare" in comparison to the others? Female Eevees aren't that hard to get anyway (I soft reset for mine tbh).

That bothers me too. And pink wasn't even considered a girls-only colour until fairly recently in history. I think that Sylveon would be very hard to obtain if it was female-only. It's being heavily promoted, so I'm guessing it won't be too difficult to get.

I've never been fond of harem anime. It sounds so tacky to me.

-McDonald's
I hate the food and the Happy Meal toys are the only reason I ever step foot inside a Mickie Dee's. And then it's just to buy the Happy Meal toy and not the food based products that are listed on the menu.

-Naruto
I can give most anime a chance but Naruto is freaking boring. Seriously, watching paint dry would be more interesting.

-Football and the Green Bay Packers
I live in Wisconsin and less than thirty minutes away from Lambeau Field. All I ever hear about around here is the stupid Packers and heaven forbid they lose a blasted game. You'd think the president had been shot or something or everyone's relatives died in a plane crash. I do not kid; everyone mopes around like it's the end of the stinking world. So yeah, football and me do not get along--I'm dreading fall already.

I can't stand Game of Thrones. People in my school talk about it constantly like it's the best thing since sliced bread. I haven't watched it since Joffrey scared the living shit out of me. (Joffrey reminds me of the chief bully at my school.) And the characters are so annoying, as well as the fact that the show has little girls and little boys getting married. Pedobear would approve of that show.

Handbrake/E-brake. It's worth frustrating even I can use manual transmission. (You think I'm going Keiichi Tsuchiya?)

Spring and Summer/Warm and Hot Weather/Sunny Weather - This is number one for me, because it really is like everybody likes these, and they expect you to as well.

80s Music - I don't hate all of it, I can't even say I hate all mainstream 80s music, but the general sounds and style of the music of the decade I can not stand at all.

Zombie/Vampire/Werewolf Nonsense - And no, I'm not talking about Twilight, I'm talking about all of it. Vampires and werewolves are not interesting whether they are in Twilight or not, and the zombie fascination fad is one of the most annoying and stupid fads I have ever seen.

Drinking - Others can choose to do this, but I think it's pointless.

Religion - I could give a long list of reasons why I feel this way, but I'll just say, I do not believe that the good outweighs the bad.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom