• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things that you hate that everyone else loves

Attack on Titan
Frozen
FPS games
Ginger Ale
Elder Scrolls games
Seth Rogen movies
Will Ferrell movies
Monopoly

Nutella and coffee. For some reason, I guess I just don't like the taste of chocolate mixed with vegetable oil, or burnt water. :D

Most of all, I can't stand RAYQUAZA!!!! It's so overrated and the topic of too many conversations, its starting to drive me up a wall. I don't really care if I get flooded with hate messages from this post, but I just really dislike Rayquaza.

PewDiePie. I find him extremely annoying. These two girls at my school called me a heartless monster because I told them that.

90s nostalgia. Seriously, this is all over Tumblr, dA, and lots of other sites. And a lot of the people posting it are only my age (i.e. born halfway through the 90s.) Other decades have plenty of nostalgic things too!

Last edited:
Meat. I find it odd that people pity me for being a vegetarian and that I'm 'missing out' when I never liked it in the first place.

Family Guy. I just...can't stand it.

I recently found out that some channel in the UK ran a Family Guy ripoff called Full English, and it's even worse than Family Guy!

As for more things I hate...
- Iced coffee. I don't even like regular coffee, but the iced kind is even worse.
- The Wizard of Oz movie. It's probably more dislike than hate, though. I read the book and it's so much better and the movie gets so much of it wrong!
- Uptown Funk. I'm so tired of hearing it on the radio!
- Five Nights at Freddy's. I played it and found it stupid more than anything. It didn't scare me.
- Pocky. I had it and I didn't like it. Give me a bag of M&M's over this stuff anyday.

Meat. I find it odd that people pity me for being a vegetarian and that I'm 'missing out' when I never liked it in the first place.

Although I know that's another issue, I find that people are very nosy and excessively judgmental about food.

Like, I'm allergic to milk. I used to eat cereal at lunch at work just because it was simple, I liked it, and it didn't require fighting over a microwave. People would always ask me why I ate it dry without milk, and no matter how many times I told them I was allergic to milk it wouldn't stop. One coworker even went so far as to try suggesting I try the non-lactose milk or the almond milks, etc... and I'm like... Is it so wrong to just like cereal dry? Why is it so much of a big deal? >.>

Hm... All I've got right now is Steven Universe. I do not hate it at all. but I do not understand the buzz for it... It's not a bad cartoon, but it wasn't anything amazing from what I watched.

Although I know that's another issue, I find that people are very nosy and excessively judgmental about food.

Like, I'm allergic to milk. I used to eat cereal at lunch at work just because it was simple, I liked it, and it didn't require fighting over a microwave. People would always ask me why I ate it dry without milk, and no matter how many times I told them I was allergic to milk it wouldn't stop. One coworker even went so far as to try suggesting I try the non-lactose milk or the almond milks, etc... and I'm like... Is it so wrong to just like cereal dry? Why is it so much of a big deal? >.>

I understand what you mean entirely! Food is a personal preference and is indeed a very personal thing. If people are asking out of concern then it's fine as I ask if people are allergic to something or what they don't like so I avoid buying/cooking it for them. Some people are a little obsessed over controlling people's food.

Which brings me to something I do hate: how the government/schools and such dictate to you what you can and can't eat especially since they're getting it wrong all the time and it just causes eating disorders.

YouTube personalities, except Ashens. The rest all seem to be try-hard, meme-spouting, humourless people. Each copying and borrowing heavily from more popular websites or other youtube sensations. Ashens is solid though, been doing his thing since the early days of YouTube and has changed up his video styles quite a bit - but always knows how to deliver. Initially he reviewed cheap knock-off videogame systems, but now covers a wide range of stuff such as awful budget toys and accessories, horrible food, interesting foreign food, and some one-offs like his Pac-Man board game video.

Mobile games. They're all repetitive and have little depth. Flappy Bird, Angry Birds, and Candy Crush, I'm looking at you.

Plus, Five Nights At Freddy's. Seriously, what's with this? It isn't even scary.

The Five Nights at Freddy's games. I just don't like creepy things popping up in front of my face out of nowhere when I least expect it.

Never mind that when I actually had vegeterian meal at my old residential college at uni, there were some tasty ones too. (Wednesday nights at that college was vegetarian night - or vego night for the Aussie lingo. And while I like meat, I find them heavy sometimes.)

As for stuff that I hate?
  • Sashimi. Just because my family and I are Japanese doesn't mean I like sushi!
  • J-Pop. There are, however, exceptions, which include, but are not limited to: Rica Matsumoto (for obvious reasons) and the Gospellers (I like a capella stuff.).
  • Anything played repeatedly on radio. Uptown funk, Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, AKB48 (at least in the past 3-4 years), you name it.
  • The whole Super Mario franchise, after Smash Bros Melee came up. My hate briefly did get erased with Galaxy, but it went back up again since that "no story" statement by Mr Miyamoto. (Although a number of people here seem to dislike Mario too, but I don't know if this is the prevalent opinion outside of this community so I'm putting this up.)
  • Harry Potter. First, I don't like fantasies as much as I used to. Secondly, and one that really made me stop reading past Book 3: anytime an author wrote 2-300 pages for the first few books, and suddenly expands to over 1000 pages for the fourth books afterwards long, for no apparent reason, has some serious writing (or more accurately, text-condensing) issues.

Last edited:
Also:

Coke/Pepsi: It just tastes so... unnatural.
Arby's: The meat is horrible!
Ranch Dressing: Smells horrible, tastes worse. I have sensory issues and I cannot stand the stuff.
"Life Full of Laughter" by Daughtry: I remember when this song was overplayed and I thought, if you're gonna overplay a song like that at least make sure it's a decent song.
Hell, anything by Daughtry: His songs are slow and annoying!
Taylor Swift: Similar.
Lorde: I fail to see the point of her. Her songs are terrible and yet some people tend to treat her as a god...

Soda: Although I do like Dr. Pepper I hate drinking soda period because it's basically poison.
Rap music: I just don't see what's so great about a bunch of conceited jerks talking about how great they think they are over a repetitive looped beat.

Also, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of Time, Darkness, and Sky. Actually, I don't hate those games, but I certainly don't like them. Great story, annoying gameplay.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom