• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things that you hate that everyone else loves

On top of that, I absolutely despise Diary of a Wimpy Kid ... the literature is bad and the storyline is predictable. :c

I DETEST Diary of a Wimpy Kid.
The characters are unlikable, the story isn't funny, and they repeat a lot of useless jokes. The main character is so stupid and mean spirited... The only likable character is Rowley, and they abuse him and punish him so often..

1. Poor grammar memes like "lel", "kek" and "bae"
2. Viridi from "Kid Icarus: Uprising"
3. Customizing amiibo, which I see as vandalizing. That Villager amiibo you decorated to look like a knight? So much for the $1,000 you could've sold it for.
4. The Nostalgia Critic.

Frozen: It's not as subversive or original as everyone says it is, plus it suffers from plenty of writing problems. There are worse animated movies, but Frozen is simply not a good film.
West Side Story and Into The Woods: I like many musicals, but I find these two to have a very boring story and unimpressive soundtrack.
Kingdom Hearts: Played it once, failed to catch my attention.
Greninja: In-game, I did not find it useful and ended up boxing it.
The majority of Gen VI Pokémon: Many people say "quality over quantity", but there are plenty of Gen VI designs tbat are similar to past Pokémon or just plain boring.
The idea of a dolphin species of Pokémon: Sounds predictable and boring to me.
Instagram: It's basically a ripoff of Facebook except you can only post pictures.
"Shut Up and Dance" by Walk the Moon: Really, this song is starting to become the new "Life Full of Laughter" to me. When a song is more overplayed than "Uptown Funk" and "Honey I'm Good" combined and shows no signs of slowing down like the previous two, you know the situation's bad. Plus, the song just sucks.

While not hate, one popular site I was never able to get into is TV Tropes. It has the potential to be a good site, but almost everything I read are opinionated entries trying to pass off as factual. The whole site might as well be labeled under the Darth and Sugar Wikis.

I really hate pizza and bacon.

I don't like pizza either. It always looks and smells really good, but whenever I eat it, I usually don't like it. The same goes for hot dogs. (I do like bacon though, I just don't understand the obsession people have with it.)

Dip- This is more of a local thing for me. In the little town I work in EVERYONE dips. Its so ridiculously bad for you and unsanitary. Its so common here that when I tell customers they cant spit their dip in our trash can they look at me like I'm crazy.

Sports. I masquerade as a Broncos fan to appear "normal" to everyone else, but I really loathe them, both playing them and watching them. I can't place a finger on why, to be honest.

Also, Majora's Mask. I bought it over Professor Layton: Miracle Mask and I highly regret it. I'm too confused as to what I'm supposed to do and the 3 days mechanic is obnoxious and stressful.

And finally, country music. I hate to sound rude, but those really pronounced country accents wear on me really quickly, especially when they all sing the same thing: "Beer, trucks, girls, rinse and repeat."

And finally, country music. I hate to sound rude, but those really pronounced country accents wear on me really quickly, especially when they all sing the same thing: "Beer, trucks, girls, rinse and repeat."

Hope I don't seem critical here, but most people you know enjoy country music? I just find that a little surprising since I don't know anyone who likes it :p

Can totally relate in regards to sports though, except I just prefer playing myself and I can't stand American football.

Dip- This is more of a local thing for me. In the little town I work in EVERYONE dips. Its so ridiculously bad for you and unsanitary. Its so common here that when I tell customers they cant spit their dip in our trash can they look at me like I'm crazy.

This made me chuckle a bit, since I hate even the name itself. ^^ Dip is something you eat with chips, no? Never made sense to me why people call it dip. I still call it chewing tobacco, personally, but either way, it's pretty gross and I don't see why people can't just pick gum if they have to chew on something.

also it smells bad

Hope I don't seem critical here, but most people you know enjoy country music? I just find that a little surprising since I don't know anyone who likes it :p

Can totally relate in regards to sports though, except I just prefer playing myself and I can't stand American football.

Really? I'm not even in an area where one would expect country to be popular and almost everyone seems to love it EVERYWHERE I go. Maybe I just go to the wrong places.

Also, I guess there is some satisfaction in playing sports yourself, but I play less for the feeling of victory than just the exercise.

I don't really see the appeal in sports, either - especially on TV. The first problem is you have a one hour game inside a three hour timeslot, which makes the game padded to hell with ads, replays, commentary, etc. I also just don't find it interesting watching people running over lines and stopping every two seconds, which makes the game even more slow paced. It can be fun to play them though.

I also agree on country music, it's really boring and every single song is about the same subject. Johnny Cash is okay, though.

3. Customizing amiibo, which I see as vandalizing. That Villager amiibo you decorated to look like a knight? So much for the $1,000 you could've sold it for.
4. The Nostalgia Critic.

I used to like the Nostalgia Critic, but he's just not funny anymore. He's become such a sellout. I feel like he chose money over quality. I mean, he's reviewing stuff that isn't even nostalgic. Heck, he reviewed Jurassic World while it was still in theatres.

This might be a bit controversial, but I hate Katniss from The Hunger Games. The books and movies were okay, but I really detested Katniss and found her kinda cold-hearted and self-centered and VERY unlikable. And yet she's worshipped by literature fans and moviegoers alike, but she's not much better than Bella Swan from Twilight.

4. The Nostalgia Critic.

I used to like the Nostalgia Critic, but he's just not funny anymore. He's become such a sellout. I feel like he chose money over quality. I mean, he's reviewing stuff that isn't even nostalgic. Heck, he reviewed Jurassic World while it was still in theatres.

This might be a bit controversial, but I hate Katniss from The Hunger Games. The books and movies were okay, but I really detested Katniss and found her kinda cold-hearted and self-centered and VERY unlikable. And yet she's worshipped by literature fans and moviegoers alike, but she's not much better than Bella Swan from Twilight.

I've never read The Hunger Games nor Twilight, so you're good.

1. Rap/Hip-Hop music, especially Soulja Boy, Nicki Minaji, Kanye West, Beyonce, etc. (Basically gangster rap)
2. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
3. Any and all ecchi anime on this planet.
4. Dresses and skirts.
5. Spiders
6. Tumblr's version of social justice.
7. Tumblr in general.
8. Harry Potter, Twilight, Hunger Games, etc. (I'm not into popular stuff, mostly because most stuff that's popular turn out to be not to my tastes or too offensive for me to like)

Wearing jewelry in general, especially those that involve piercing. I guess that they'd use anesthetics but still. Maybe it's because once I saw a person's earring tear their ear I'm scared of the idea. And wearing heavy jewelry on the wrists and everything, it does look great, but I can't see myself wearing more than one wristwatch.

And smoking. A lot of my coworkers smoke and one even questioned why I am not. No thanks, I'm not into the idea of burning my lungs.

I finally watched an episode of Game Chasers because I wanted to give it a chance. I couldn't even finish the episode I was watching. I didn't like their personalities and I didn't like their brand of humor. They just came off as incredibly obnoxious.

I've got a few:

1. Splatoon - Don't get the appeal of it at all...
2. Minions - Yeah the were cute when Despicable Me first came out, but now they are everywhere and are annoying as hell. Not to mention the stupid facebook memes....
3. Dresses, jewelry, girly stuff like that.
4. Cricket - Everyone over here in Australia loves it. I just think it is the most boring sport ever.I can't even watch 5 minutes of it without falling asleep.
5. Five Seconds of Summer (a.k.a. 5SOS) - I just hate their music, and they sound awful live IMO. I don't understand why they are so popular.
6. FNAF - Not that I hate it, but the fanbase is so rabid and annoying. I'm sick and tired of random 12 year olds coming up to me and talking about their stupid FNAF stuff.
7. James Bond - I just can't get into the movies, I find them stupid. There is way better spy movies out there.
8. Twilight - Possibly the worst movie series I've ever seen, yet it's so damn popular.
9. Tumblr and most of its "social justice" opinions ( with me being a right-winger (Libertarian) and all, I don't get their whole man-hating, cishet-hating, white-hating, million+ genders ideology). While I do want equality (because I hate genuine racism, sexisim, homophobia, etc) , I don't want the marxist type stuff that 90% Tumblr users believe in.
10. Twitter
11. Sandwiches - Even watching someone eat one makes me want to vomit.
12. Parties - Probably because I prefer to be alone.
13. Smoking - It's just revolting The world would be better of without it.
14. Ford (car brand)
15. Paranormal Activity (movies) - Wait. Huh? These were supposed to be scary?
16. Naruto and Bleach - Overrated...
17. Most emo bands
18. Mice and Rats - I don't hate them, but I don't think they're particularly cute either.
19. Spiders - I'm a severe Arachnophobic, so this one may come as no surprise.
20. Funko Pop figures - Without a doubt one of the most lazily, grossly designed figure lines I've ever seen. They all look the bloody same. Same square head, same lifeless eyes, same expression (or lack thereof).
It frustrates me that these things are taking over merch stores as well. I mean, the last time I checked my local EB Games store they had almost an entire half of a wall dedicated to these abominations. The only reason I can think of that these things are so popular is cheapness. I mean no one really thinks they're well designed and cute, right? Right?
21. Legend of Zelda - Yeah I know I'm going to get heaps of hate for this, but I just don't find it interesting.
22. Most Country music, with the exception of a few artists like Lady Antebellum and Dolly Parton. Some goes for Rap/RnB. The only artists I really like from that genre are Kanye West, Pink Guy (if he even counts) and the odd Nicki Minaj song. I used to like Eminem a little as well when I was younger, but not so much nowadays. I do love trap EDM though, which is heavily rap inspired.
23. Elitism in the Metal and EDM fanbases (which happen to be my two favourite music genres...). Well, I'm not sure people actually like it, but most just shrug it off. I personally hate it. The elitism in the Metal fandom is pretty well known, but many would be surprised to know that it is also rampant in the EDM/Electronic fandom as well. Simply saying that you like Skrillex or dislike deadmau5 or Tiesto would get you absolutely slammed by the elitists. And in the metal fan base saying that you like Avenged Sevenfold or BVB would end up with a similar outcome. I just don't understand why people do this? Why can't everyone just listen to their own music and leave others tastes alone? I mean I personally can't stand BVB, but my brother loves them. Does that mean I crap all over his music taste? Absolutely not, I just let him listen to them. It isn't hurting me after all.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom