• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things that you hate that everyone else loves

Recently, the Hunger Games. I'm not interested in it. Some more things are:

Anime/Manga (Mostly people on this forum)
Soccer (That's what it's called here. Deal with it.)
Any crime shows (Except Lie To Me)
Any ABC family drama
Most of The Beatles
Harry Potter
Glee
Bob Marley
Obamacare

EDIT: I gave The Hunger Games a try, and now I like it ^.^

Last edited:
- I don't like rap... but I wouldn't say that "everyone else loves it" (at least not around where I live)
- I don't like the 7th Harry Potter book. The others were decent but that last one was just horrible, especially for the last book in the series which should be the best, and it ruined the whole series.
- I don't like ice cream... a lot of people seem to like it though.
- I don't especially like tea (I don't live in Britain or Asia so it's not that important though). I probably don't like it beause it's a hit drink, and I don't like any hot drinks
- I don't like XBox at all
- I don't like the general direction video games have gone in... N64 games were awesome and then I don't know what happened. They must have run out of ideas or something. Sure, there's some good games, but not nearly as many as there were back with the N64. The GCN / PS2 seemed to only really care about improving the graphics and the Wii seems to be all about "innovation" with the crazy controller which I don't especially like anyway. It would be nice if it actually was innovative (like the WarioWare games, for example) but a lot of the time the controller is just used as a gimmick

Raymond

Dubstep.
(Most) animu.
Tomatoes.
Twilight and Bieber.
The word "ain't". ("Irregardless", as well, but it's not so much as being commonplace.)
Glee. (Not so much "hate" as just "don't care to see ever".)
Spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors.

Raymond

Dubstep.
(Most) animu.
Tomatoes.
Twilight and Bieber.
The word "ain't". ("Irregardless", as well, but it's not so much as being commonplace.)
Glee. (Not so much "hate" as just "don't care to see ever".)
Spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors.
What's "Dubstep"? I keep seeing videos on YouTube labelled as "the Dubstep remix".
Also, "ain't" being common and "irregardless" not being common is reversed in my opinion. I hear "irregardless" a lot more than I hear "ain't" (although I don't hear either of them that much). Those words don't bother me too much... at least they're real words. Word that I hate include "Febuary" (without the "r"), "libary" (without the "r"), and "foilage" (instead of "foliage"). But again, I don't hear these words that much anyway, and when I do it's usually people just trying to act stupid. Another thing I hate is when people add an "r" to the word "wash", saying "warsh" or "Warshington". I know that it's a regional thing, but it is annoying (and again, I hardly ever hear people talking that that).
And here's what I really hate... the phrase "near miss". It makes no sense. "Near hit" would make sense (as it was close to hitting) or "miss" would make sense (as it missed)... but it's not a "near miss" (implying it was close to missing but actually hit).
Another thing that I hate is when people talk about "2012 will be the end of the world" as being a Mayan prophecy. Even when they're joking about it. It's just not true The Mayans never predicted that the world would end in 2012... all that happened is that the last day of their really-advanced calendar was in 2012 (and then presumably the calendar would repeat itself or something).

What's "Dubstep"? I keep seeing videos on YouTube labelled as "the Dubstep remix".

Essentially the end result of throwing a box of nails, a car engine and a small animal into a blender and repeatedly pressing pulse.

Wikipedia said:
Dubstep (/ˈdʌbstɛp/) is a genre of electronic dance music that originated in South London, United Kingdom. Its overall sound has been described as "tightly coiled productions with overwhelming bass lines and reverberant drum patterns, clipped samples, and occasional vocals".
Source

I don't like rap or hip hop.
I don't like artists like T-Pain who use auto-tune.
I don't like baseball.
And I don't like obvious spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors either. I don't know many people who love such errors, though.

Daylight Savings Time.
It really messes with my sleeping patterns, and summer days are long enough already.

I hate the movie Titanic and I hate chocolate-flavored ice cream. I'm sure I have more but I'm not thinking of them right now.

I don't like chocolate ice cream either. -_-
I hate the kinds that have additional candy or sweets in them. I tried Rocky Road once; it was too sweet for me. 0_0

- I hate Grand Theft Auto. I can't see the charm of playing the series. Do they even have a mission or some story? When I see gameplays of it, it's just driving around a city causing havoc.
- I also hate those online multiplayer shooting games. How can a person keep themselves entertained with such repetitive games for hours, that amazes me >_<

I hate the kinds that have additional candy or sweets in them. I tried Rocky Road once; it was too sweet for me. 0_0

See, I like Rocky Road and I LOVE flavors like mint chocolate chip or cookie dough. I just can't stand pure chocolate ice cream.
Jezebel.com recently did a "sex vs. chocolate" march-madness style bracket, and chocolate ice cream was in the final four or something. I think because a lot of clueless people were forgetting the "chocolate" part of the poll and thinking they were voting for ice cream in general. It really frustrated me for some reason. It was beating out chocolate milkshakes and truffles and other DELICIOUS things! What the hell?

I'm not really a fan of crisps.

I also despise Call of Duty or similar games. THEY SUCK. I also suck at them, but I do not see the attraction to those sorts of games at all. All it does is induce extreme madness as far as I can see.

Hamburgers. Kinda ironic, since America(whom I LOVE) loves them, I just can't stomach the thought of eating one.
All you have to do is get genetically accustomed to the mechanically-seperated hyperprocessed animal-64 alternate that makes up all of the ingredients on the sandwich, and then you can manage how revolting fast food burgers here are.

Coke, Pepsi or whatever that tastes like those.
Try RC-Cola, its got next to zero 'bite' like the big sodas do, which (apparently) makes it a drink to mix alcohol with.

I hate the movie Titanic and I hate chocolate-flavored ice cream. I'm sure I have more but I'm not thinking of them right now.

- I hate Grand Theft Auto. I can't see the charm of playing the series. Do they even have a mission or some story? When I see gameplays of it, it's just driving around a city causing havoc.
- I also hate those online multiplayer shooting games. How can a person keep themselves entertained with such repetitive games for hours, that amazes me >_<
I knew a guy who played the Xbox every single day for like three years. He introduced me to RuneScape many years ago before he bailed on that as well for Halo 3 Multiplayer.

I'm sure others have mentioned it, but My Little Pony. It's a children's television show for Christ's sake. What would drive all of these grown adults into all of this promotion on Pokémon forums, SimCity forums, and everywhere that isn't a My Little Pony forum/community. One of these MLP fanatics needs to stop horsing around (pun intended) and shell out six or seven hundred dollars and get that fanbase their own home, because it is beyond reason to have a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic category on AnimeWallpapers.com. There's a lot more, but we all know how it is, so I'll finish here.

Can't believe I forgot to post that, but I don't really like hamburgers either. The ones sold at fast food restaurants. I only eat those when I don't have other options to eat a quick meal with. Sort of hate that oily taste, and the soggy bread gets stuck in the teeth. -_-

I'm not a huge fan of anime. I really only like DBZ and the 1st 3 gens of pokemon anime. (Also, Teen Titans, but it's American, so...) Also, manga. I can't ever make myself read the stuff. The only Japanese stuff I really like is video games. I also hate rap, hip hop, dubstep, and most country music. (The only exception being Johnny Cash.)

Dupstep, never was the type of music that interested me and also it just diminishes the purpose of "good music" these days. Big dogs they scare me because they are so freaking huge like for example a German Shepard.

I'm not a huge fan of anime. I really only like DBZ and the 1st 3 gens of pokemon anime. (Also, Teen Titans, but it's American, so...) Also, manga. I can't ever make myself read the stuff. The only Japanese stuff I really like is video games. I also hate rap, hip hop, dubstep, and most country music. (The only exception being Johnny Cash.)

Johnny Cash is always the one country fan that non-country fans like. Including me. (There are a few other old ones I like, too, though.)

I like anime, but I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan by any means, and I often feel out of place for this. I just tend to really like series I grew up with (the only exception to this is Fullmetal Alchemist, which I used to watch regularly), and I overall prefer reading manga. Maybe it's because I can't stand most J-pop and a lot of anime has J-pop songs for their theme songs which irritate the crap out of me.

.Most J-Pop Songs but i like k-pop
.Metal Music
.Vegemite
.Dubstep
.Most Remixes

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom