• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things that you hate that everyone else loves

I hate the people who put swear word without censoring them in Bulbagarden Forums. Such thing should be banned from posting in this forum, IMO.

Most music.

Examples: Disturbed, Linkin Park, Blink 182, Green Day, Lindsey Stirling, all Dubstep, most R&B, Hip Hop, Country and Rap Music.

That's not "most music."

I can't stand people who refuse to watch the English dub version of any anime. I am one of those people who loves watching anime in English and I struggle to watch it subtitled. It's like, I don't care if you liked the subbed version, but don't shove it down my throat and bash the dub!

I prefer subs, but I'm open to watching dubs when they're really good (like Cowboy Bebop, in which the dub is actually better, or both FMAs) and I agree with you that the anti-dub snobbery is really fucking stupid.

Last edited:
I also can't stand anti-dub snobbery. Not many people outside Japan speak fluent Japanese, so an English version being readily available is a good idea. I think the anti-dub snobs assume that all dubs are like the ones done by 4Kids. As far as I know, 4Kids went bankrupt, so chances are you're not going to see them get anything new.

I've always hated soda. Oh... and I can't stand CoD. That's something, right?

I also can't stand anti-dub snobbery. Not many people outside Japan speak fluent Japanese, so an English version being readily available is a good idea. I think the anti-dub snobs assume that all dubs are like the ones done by 4Kids. As far as I know, 4Kids went bankrupt, so chances are you're not going to see them get anything new.

Well, I don't see why you would need to know Japanese to appreciate the subtitles.

But anyway, yeah, I think people who are anti-dub snobs forget that there are a lot of Americans who really don't like films with subtitles, even live-action ones. This is why hardly any foreign-language films, no matter how critically-acclaimed they are or how wide their appeal is, do that well in U.S. box offices. So I would think it would be in the best interest of anime fans, if we want our hobby to get a wider audience, to not be dickheads about dubs.

(Also this isn't completely related, but based on my experiences translating things from other languages - in my case, French and German - into English, I don't like the increasing trend toward the most literal possible translation in anime dubs. Every language has its quirks and some things just won't translate to one that doesn't have those quirks, so you have to re-word it or cut it altogether. And if that's the case for languages as close to English as French and German are, that's definitely the case x 1000 with something like Japanese. In some of the more recent anime I've watched, it's resulted in some pretty cringe-worthy lines.)

Most music.

Examples: Disturbed, Linkin Park, Blink 182, Green Day, Lindsey Stirling, all Dubstep, most R&B, Hip Hop, Country and Rap Music.

That's not "most music."

Well, note how I didn't go into specifics when I listed genres. I hate all of those genres. I hate Pop too.

Oh, I'm also a Metalhead, but I can't stand certain genres of Metal for the most part, like Nu Metal and Metalcore.

Most music.

That's not "most music."

Well, note how I didn't go into specifics when I listed genres. I hate all of those genres. I hate Pop too.

Oh, I'm also a Metalhead, but I can't stand certain genres of Metal for the most part, like Nu Metal and Metalcore.

Yeah, but uh, that's still not "most music." Those are a few types of music. There are many, many more.

Just a reminder guys, this is for discussing things you hate that are considered popular, not what is "most music" and what isn't. Please keep on topic. ^^

I've noticed I'm developing a growing hate for MLP too. Not the show, of course, or the fans, but the fanbase as a whole. I'm really sick of seeing MLP versions of everything I search for. It's getting a little tiring.

Most music.

That's not "most music."

Yeah, but uh, that's still not "most music." Those are a few types of music. There are many, many more.

Well, yes, I concede. I guess I should say, "most popular music".

Yes, I do realize there's several more genres of music, such as jazz, swing, blues, folk, classical, shoegaze (which is technically a subgenre of rock, but whatever), drone, ambient, and so much more (which is kind of ironic seeing how I enjoy most of these other genres), but whatever.

The song Euphoria, by Loreen.

Not only do I not see the appeal, but also, people treat it like it's the equivalent of a god among songs. Why? There's literally nothing notable about it. Even its win in Eurovision 2012 was unremarkable. It didn't break any records regarding points, or percentage of 12-point units that it received, or anything like that. If anything, it monopolised the contest (by way of a promotional campaign that boiled down to: "You DO like this song. You WILL vote for this song. This song IS the best; this song IS the winner, and you LIKE that. It's already been decided; we've already won. And you LIKE that."), which makes me hate it even more.

It's not just my hate talking, though; there is literally nothing special about it. It's just a 90s-style dance-track with modern electronic instruments, and some kind of epileptic fit for choreography. No offence to epileptics; it does seriously look like she's having some kind of fit when she dances.

Despite all this, people love it and rave about it and so on. Europe, I am disappoint.

What people in the twenty first century called "One Direction". They still perform, as heads, here in the future, and they're ATROCIOUS.

I mean. All the "Directioners" try to stand up for their band, saying "Fry, they don't just sing about love!". From what I heard, that's ALL they sing about.

-mumble mumble-

I really hate quotes. Those small texts that are supposed to be really deep etc. They're starting to piss me off.

seth macfarlane. everyone i know likes him but i don't understand why his painfully offensive "humor" is tolerated by anyone ._.

Debating.

No really, I'm serious. I absolutely despise it. I'd rather not argue for the sake of arguing, especially amongst friends. Unfortunately a great deal of my friends seem to think its great and its like they absolutely HAVE to nitpick on everything I say and argue with me on everything.

Why are they my friends again?

I cannot stand the X Factor
Most people i have ever spoke to or heard love it

I cannot stand the X Factor
Most people i have ever spoke to or heard love it

You haven't spoken to me then. I absolutely hate it as well. Heck, I hate all shows like that.

(Apologies if this is going slightly off topic)

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom