• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things that you love that everyone else hates

Being sober: Theres much better ways to have fun than doing things you regret the next day.
Health and Safety: I know this may seem weird, but over time I've kinda developed a fondness of having all my body parts attached to me and not being covered in burns, scars etc.

Ditto on the being sober. I just don't enjoy drinking, but round here it's as if I'm an alien when I say "I don't drink". I was invited on a Pub crawl yesterday and I claimed I couldn't find my ID because it was easier than being thought of as 'not fun' and 'weird' for drinking cola all night.

As well as that;
Digimon - Hugely underrated. Before meeting my boyfriend, I didn't know anyone who liked digimon, other than myself.
Picked Onions - I love them, I have been known to eat them straight out of the jar.
Insects - Once a cricket somehow got into the girls changing rooms in high school and all the girls were screaming, but I just picked it up and put it outside.
Cosplay - I know some people on this site probably enjoy it, but as a whole, whenever someone looks through your pictures on facebook and sees you cosplaying, most of the time they think you're weird.

Salted fish. Well, a lot of my friends don't seem to like it. :<

5th gen, its really annoying how people look at 2 designs and say "OMG THE WURST I DONT LAIK IT!!!" i love the vanilluxe line, tbh!
rain, and everything about it, the smell is undescribibly beautiful, it sounds really calming, and i live in a sorta desert-ish place, so i don't get rain very often. and when i do, OHHH BOY!
unown, i'm learning how to speak (read?) it!
gorebyss, simply because of its pokedex entries.
i'll come up with more later.

For now...

- Peeling the dried parts of my lips off. It's a bad habit, my mother hates me doing it but... For some reason I keep doing it ._.
- Plucking eyelashes.
- Vinegar. I don't see why my family (and most of my friends) don't like it much. I need vinegar in my salad dressings, and I enjoy vinegar beverages.
i peel the dried parts of my lips off too! also a habit, whenever my dad sees me doing it, he says: "DON'T BITE YOUR LIPS!" "here's some chapstick" "stop that! the reason your lips are chapped is because you don't get enough nutrition!" I HAVE CHAPSTICK, BUT I DON"T LIKE THAT ANYTHING MY MOUTH TOUCHES AUTOMATICLLY GETS CHAPSTICK ON IT!! ESPESCIALLY WHEN WE HAVE STRAWS!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
(Please don't hate me) I like school. I graduated in 2012 but I'm still looking to getting into college.
I also like reading. People that don't know me that well only believe I read Manga and Light Novels, but those that do know I also read Mysteries and War Books.
I also like this...
[video=youtube;QH2-TGUlwu4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH2-TGUlwu4[/video]

Mince pies! I'm the last one left in my family who loves them! I gorged on so many other christmas...

Putting my French Fries on my Hamburger. Not just a few, really packing them in there. If the burger doesn't look like an overstuffed briefcase then there ain't enough in there!

I also like this...
[video=youtube;QH2-TGUlwu4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH2-TGUlwu4[/video]

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Permh8YQJak&desktop_uri=/watch?v=Permh8YQJak

You'll like this. Skip to 9:20 if your not Bro enough to watch the Pewdster stumble through the meme-monsters. ^^

Last edited:
This Japanese candy (It had purple packaging) that someone bought from Hot Topic.
Everyone else only like the purple ones and said that it mostly tasted like cold medicine, but for some reason, I loved it.

I find that spinach compared to the other vegetables I eat at my house (Asian vegetables that have texture) to be good and easy to eat.

I don't know why people don't like lemon-flavored Starbursts.

I love peppermints.

I find that One Direction (yes, the boy band) is so relatable to my life since (I guess) they are around my age.

I like reading when I can actually understand the context, but I don't understand why people are just too lazy to read novels.

Though not everybody hates this, fans of extreme metal/death metal are hard to find. I love a good tune that makes you want to head-bang. :p

Also, I like writing research papers for school, if the topic is something I get to choose.

Dr pepper!

Most people here in Sweden hate it but do love Cherry coke for some weird reason since it taste almost the same, however it is not as good as Dr pepper ofc.

Also, I learned recently that apparently everyone but me hates Animal Crossing: City Folk.

I loved City Folk. It was so much better than Wild World, in my opinion.

Things I like: I can't think of anything. I mostly hate what most people like.

My friends hate the movie Cabin in the Woods for some reason. Also, actors Tom Cruise and Scarlett Johansson. That's all I could think of.

Horrific and gory films.

What a thing to say with that avatar, that title and that signature.

Anyways, here goes my list:

Sauerkraut
Broccoli
Cod liver oil
Waking up early
Rain
Trip-Hop
Fedoras
Lab-coats (outside of labs)
Looking at random people
Killing Floor
Neue Deutsche Härte
Romance without drama (in fiction)
Unrealistic combat
Sengoku Basara
Pickled eggs

And I can't think of more at the moment. Basically, what I'm saying is that I'm a filthy, smelly fedora-wearing hipster.

Last edited:
I adore long drives~ I usually enjoy them much more than the destination itself, in the end.

Also, spiders. :3 I used to hate them, but my room constantly had at least seven little ones hanging around on the walls at all times, so I grew to really appreciate their presence. I mean, just look at the adorable wittle way their cute little legs move!

Cats. Which sounds ridiculous, I know, but almost everyone I try to talk to in real life dislikes cats. ?_?

Also, awesome old-school horror films such as The Exorcist, Amityville, The Omen, etc. When people ask me what types of movies I like and I respond with "horror", they're like "Why?" Uhhh......why not?

And last but not least, video games. The people that I know don't hate them, they just have no interest whatsoever in them.

One can't help but be sad when the things you like the most are always in the minority. xD

Stunfisk, but although it gets a lot of hate, it's also fairly popular, I believe. Not entirely sure, I know it's at least popular in Japan, and I know a fair amount of people besides me that appreciate it. A lot of Pokemon I like aren't popular, but Stunfisk and Vanilluxe are probably the ones that get the most h8. :c Not counting Zubat, as I love Zubat largely because of the hate people harbor towards it. It never bothered me at all, so I think it's amusing when people complain about it.

I also really like video game music, which a lot of people don't really like. Licorice and coffee are two things that a lot of people dislike as well.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom