• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things that you love that everyone else hates

Iris.

....but, no, seriously, I love scorpions. Which is ironic because I don't like spiders, at all, and they're closely related.

Flying in airplanes. Most of my friends hate it since they are either scared of it or just feel uncomfortable about it but I love it, looking out the window at everything below is always amazing and I find airplanes pretty relaxing most of the time. Also electronic music, I know lots of people who think its just annoying and requires no talent but I have always been a huge fan of it.

Also electronic music, I know lots of people who think its just annoying and requires no talent but I have always been a huge fan of it.

God, I hate that attitude. Like any genre, there's lots of untalented crap, but now and then you find an artist that make's it all worthwhile.

--

A lot of people don't like instrumental music, I actually prefer it to vocals usually.

My tastes in music.
They're so all-over-the-place that everyone's bound to get pissed at SOMETHING in my player...

Snakes are so cute! ... Okay, they're scary if they're venomous, but if you're talking about a little garden snake, I'll think the way it moves is fascinating, I'll probably want to pet it, and I will probably call it beautiful and cute. And I don't use the word "cute" very often.
I enjoy eating large amounts of fish and dried squid meat. I also love video game music, which doesn't seem like a very popular genre amongst the "normal" people.

Showgirls (1995) film directed by Paul Verhoeven.
Batman & Robin (1997) film directed by Joel Schumacher.

Waking up early. I can get so much more done!

Cuddling. Seriously, how can a guy NOT enjoy cuddling????

Energy Drinks. A LOT of people in New Brunswick seem to be against them. Claim they're unhealthy (which they are), ad then they proceed to smoke a pack or two. Hypocrites.

Last edited:
Michael Bay's Transformer movies.

"love" isn't exactly the word i'd use to describe my thoughts on them. Though, compared to most other people who absolutely HATE these movies, i find all but the second film to at least be okay films. They are far from good films, but far from being the worst things ever. I thought the first and fourth films were decent, i liked the third one, the only one i disliked was the second one.

Optimistic attitudes. I would rather be around an optimistic person than a pessimist or realist, yet I always hear people razz on those who look on the bright side of things to the point of ridicule. It's quite perplexing and a bit disheartening to see.

Vegetarian meat. Yes, I'm a vegetarian, but this stuff is sooo amazing and yummy.
The star wars prequels. and Padme is my favorite character.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 1 + 2. I've never met anyone who liked them.
Pokemon / Video Games in general. No one around here likes them. It sucks :(
My music. I listen to rock music (especially gothic rock), and I've never met anyone else who likes it.
Macaroni and Cheese with Ketchup. If you haven't tried it, you really should!
Research. I love to research things! It's so cool.

Sonic and The Black Knight because it was the first Sonic game I played on the Wii that had at least passable controls *coughSecretRingscough.* Speeking of Sonic games, I actually enjoyed Secret Rings because, while the controls were abysmal, they weren't ENTIRELY unusable and-minus those controls-it was a pretty good game.

Still going with Sonic here, Sonic Unleashed to be specific. I heard the main reason that people didn't like it was beause of the Werehog stages, but I felt they were a nice change of pace, even if you have to do it in a time limit. That and the Day stages more than make up for it. And that this was the first Sonic game I played (besides Shadow the Hedgehog, but that was a spin-off... I think.) And STILL going with Sonic, I did kinda like Shadow the Hedgehog because... I don't really know actually, posably because I was a little kid when I played it and didn't know any better.

Zubat and Diglett... I'm not going to bother explaining these two.

Michael Bay's Transformer movies.

"love" isn't exactly the word i'd use to describe my thoughts on them. Though, compared to most other people who absolutely HATE these movies, i find all but the second film to at least be okay films. They are far from good films, but far from being the worst things ever. I thought the first and fourth films were decent, i liked the third one, the only one i disliked was the second one.
Ditto.

I actually like the live action films but very few, save my husband and a few of our friends, really enjoy them. Most Transfans I know outright hate them. Or maybe they're jumping on the bandwagon. Who knows?

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom