• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things that you love that everyone else hates

Writing essays. While I still hate boring ones, I like writing long ones on random topics when they're assigned.

Glee: Yes, I know. The big eff-you-continuity thing that's been going on since the second season, autotune, ridiculous storylines and hello, why am I such a masochist to indulge in such feels for these ridiculous characters, but, it's my greatest guilty pleasure, and will probably forever be.

One Direction: I...I present no comment. But, I guess I know someone who does like this little boy band would understand.

Chick flicks: While well aware that these aren't ultimately frowned upon, I get a lot of rolls of the eyes from my friends. For example: today I watched (500) Days of Summer with some friends because I wanted to. Cue throwing of ripe tomatoes at the innocent movie watcher.

Rihanna. I'm not just talking musically. A lot of guys I know think she's unattractive, which I've never understood. I think she's gorgeous :) fuck the hell out of her. I also like her music, yeah her lyrics aren't the most deep but they do suit the type of music shes doing.

Also being gay. I love being a lesbian :) Fuck the homophobes, silly religious fanatics.

I love insects, freezing cold weather, Sega, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Internet memes, and black cats.

Eating ice cream cones without the ice cream.
Languages at school. People ask me why I'm learning so many languages (Japanese at home, German and Gaelic at school), and when I tell them that I like languages, they just give me weird looks.
Another thing that gets me weird looks is my love of writing. People don't get that I used to sit at lunch and write.
I adore cows.
Larry Koopa. He needs way more love.
Reading the dictionary.
Classical music is another thing. It's not my favourite kind of music (Japanese music is better), but I love Mozart and Grieg and a couple of others. People think that you have to be some kind of OAP loner to like it.
Key changes in music. Everyone thinks they're cheesy but I'm addicted to them. If a song has a key change in it, it makes the song approximately 38% better.
TY Beanies are my life. I have over 800 on shelves in my room and on top of my wardrobe. Everyone just says I'm stupid for collecting teddies. I also still have loads of Barbies and Polly Pockets. I don't exactly play with them, but I like to look at them from time to time.
All my hobbies. I love Pokémon, Mario and Vocaloid, and yet there's not a single person that I know in real life that appreciates them. And the people that do aren't exactly good company...

Eating Hot dogs without the bread... eating pizza with fork and knife (I'll admit that I almost never do this).

- Epic Movie. It's actually pretty funny. I liked the whole Narnia parody.
- Bingo. I think it's a fun game, but it seems that only old people want to play it. (Although a few of my friends play it occasionally.)
- Headscarves. It's not because I'm Muslim - I think headscarves are pretty. My maternal grandmother has a lot of beautiful ones and has even gotten my sister to wear them occasionally. (This DOES NOT extend to face veils such as burqas.)
- Demi Lovato. I don't mind her at all, in contrast to Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez. I even had a crush on her for about a month.
- Victoria Beckham. I always liked her. She's also very stylish.
- Britney Spears. She's talented - I actually have several guy friends who like her. Although now that she hasn't been in any recent scandals people seem to like her more.
- Tofu. It's good, but a lot of my friends hate it.
- Sharks. They need to be treated better by the media. It's not okay to kill dolphins and whales, and it also shouldn't be okay to kill sharks.
- Wearing nice clothes. I don't want to dress like Kevin Federline all the time. (I don't hate him; I just think he has bad taste in clothing.)

I had trouble thinking of some, but now that you bring up sharks, I also love them and really hate the misconceptions about them from the media. Especially since many of them are endangered and we need people to do more to try to protect them, and the fact that people think they're all killing machines isn't helping.

I also like tofu, assuming it's prepared well. Vegetarian meat substitutes in general, I usually enjoy, even though I'm not a vegetarian or vegan (I'm more of an omnivore who likes to limit her meat intake).

I'm not saying I "love" it, per se, but I kinda like the song "Where is the Love" by The Black Eyed Peas.

*jumps behind sand bag barricade*

Maybe I just don't mind it because my mom had Elephunk on CD back in the day, but whatever.

Practically everything I like is what people don't like (at least where I live)...
I like:
-Softshell turtles. WHY DO PEOPLE NOT LIKE?!?
-Reading science textbooks
-Watching documentaries
-Crude comedy movies, like Norbit and Bruno
-Crude humor in general
-Biology (for some reason people like chem and physics but really hate bio)
-Bitter food (not medicine)
-Gardening
-Fishing
-Pokemon. At least I got Bulbapedia =D
-Rap
-Eating seafood
-Collecting feathers
-Bugs
-Birds
-Plain tea with no sweeteners
-Curry
-Laughing. Apparently people hate that -_-', but I guess because I have a really deep voice for a girl and that it sounds like hyuk-hyuk-hurr-hurr.

Listening to repetitive techno (oontz oontz oontz oontz)
Spicy food (I love makimg hot curry,or stir fry's or just adding a bit of spice to steak or sausage etc.
Cooking (it's strange that so many people would rather just microwave a ready meal.)

Last edited:
Creed. They're a grunge/post-grunge band from Florida whose heyday was from the late '90s to the early 2000s and have since become the butt of all kinds of jokes by more than likely the same people who spend their free time rehashing over-used insults at Nickelback as well. I genuinely like the band, and I find it somewhat ironic that three of the band's four members joined Myles Kennedy after breaking Creed up in 2004 and forming Alter Bridge, who've become a very successful band.

Listening to repetitive techno (oontz oontz oontz oontz)
Spicy food (I love makimg hot curry,or stir fry's or just adding a bit of space to steak or sausage etc.
Cooking (it's strange that so many people would rather just microwave a ready meal.)
Except for the techno, you've said almost everything I love. Mine is listening to music in the shower, I see so much negativity from even the slightest mention of it. I mean come on, who doesn't want something to sing along with, to at least drown out your own crap voice. :p

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom