• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things We Want in Sun/Moon, but Definitly Won't Get!

I still want a Dragon Eeveelution that evolves through Super Training in some way. I feel that they missed this opportunity to give Sylveon a counterpart like Espeon/Umbreon and Leafeon/Glaceon.
So what? Just one that you get with 510 EVs? You do know that's all Super Training is right? An easy way to get focused EVs (and one of the best ideas they ever had honestly).

Evolutions for previous pokemon aside from Eevee evolutions. It seems they rather do mega evolutions for now on than to do any more evolutions for older gen pokemon. I could be wrong though.

Multiple save files - This has been needed so badly for so long. The Pokemon games have always had amazing replay value as there so many incentives to play through again differently such as trying out new Pokemon, teams and movesets. However if we do want to play it again we are forced to delete all our progress from our first adventure meaning you can't complete the pokedex or battle competitively. Whatever past limitations there might have been that prevented this, they are long gone. Please GF give your games so much more value!

Revamped HM system - This is so archaic. It's so annoying having give your party members awful moves to navigate certain areas, or have tp go back to a PC to fetch a HM slave. The idea of these obstacles is a great one for locking off certain areas for later in the game. My suggestion would be to replace HM moves with items that can be unlocked throughout the game in order to traverse obstacles. E.g. Dinghies, grappling hooks, machetes. I'm sure there are many other ways that this can be done.

Mean rivals - GF, I like being abused by a rival, make em mean.

I think the problem with multiple files is that people would abuse it a lot and Game Freak probably doesn't want that. I like to see multiple files too but if the last six generations of games never had multiple files then I doubt gen 7 would be any different.

So what? Just one that you get with 510 EVs? You do know that's all Super Training is right? An easy way to get focused EVs (and one of the best ideas they ever had honestly).
Have it clear the final Secret ST Regimen then. I know that many people would rather EV train via forcing Horde Encounters.

I think the Super Training Evolution method should be attributed to the Fighting Eeveelution, not the Dragon one.

I think the problem with multiple files is that people would abuse it a lot and Game Freak probably doesn't want that. I like to see multiple files too but if the last six generations of games never had multiple files then I doubt gen 7 would be any different.

I agree it is unlikely. However I still think people abusing it in some way is an extremely small price to pay for being able to replay the game and keep your save data. And if GF really wanted, they could implement restrictions like no trading from your second file.

Probably will never happen as it's a HGSS exclusive and always has been atm, but I'd LOVE the Pokéathlon to return... I actually really enjoyed it and it was so fun with all the different types of ways to play, and it made the game even more personal than the walking Pokémon concept alone. I feel it's asking a lot to have them reintroduce this, especially on Sun/Moon's engine, but it would be amazing if it happened.

In all fairness, the Pokéathlon could probably only return as a separate game (given the demand of all the 3D models to be integrated into that style of play)... like the Mario & Sonic Olympic games, I wouldn't complain if that happened though, I'd definitely buy it.

-New Pokeballs.
-Pokemon you see in battle facilities or online battles getting registered on the Pokedex.
-Pokemon you see in online battles having the nicknames they have. Also, Pokemon with Chinese, Japanese or Korean nicknames being romanized so I can see if those Pokemon are nicknamed or not.

Revamped HM mechanics: I agree with ThroughTheIris56. This is an achingly old system. The basic idea is strong: your Pokemon team should affect more of the game than just the battles and some flavour text. What I'd prefer is to replace HMs with 'overworld abilities' which are properties of each Pokemon species which make different navigation tasks easier. If you have a Lapras, you can surf on it rather than renting a boat (saves money); if you have a Zangoose you can cut down minor obstacles to get at loot or shortcuts; if you have a Charmander you don't need to fumble through caves in the dark (or buy torches); if you have an Onix you can dig your way out of caves in a pinch, if you have a Fearow you can fly to visited locations. In no case would any of these be necessary, they'd just be a set of perks which improve your playthrough.

A reasonable set of these abilities would exist, some based on previous HMs and some new or based on existing Abilities with overworld effects. Each Pokemon species would be assigned an appropriate overworld ability. There needn't be any particular thought given to distribution of these species, because as I said, none of them should be necessary for progress -- if you need to cross a body of water, there should be a boat you can hire, etc. (My vision is that this would be a little row/motor boat in which you encounter Pokemon just like when Surfing).

Of course, this is never going to happen because HMs have gotten baked-in. Plus it would mean a metadata overhaul for Pokemon.

Oh well.

Some (probably) impossible breeder wishes of mine:
  • Being able to change the Pokéball a Pokémon's in (maybe in exchange for BP or something, like the Ability Capsule).
  • Being able to skip the egg hatching cutscene.
  • Being able to give unwanted eggs to the daycare.
  • Being able to release multiple Pokémon at once.

That's what Wonder trade is for :p

Last time I checked you couldn't trade eggs in Wonder Trade ;)

I'm not talking about getting rid of unwanted breeding rejects, Wonder Trade is indeed wonderful for that. But I want to get rid of eggs sometimes without having to hatch them and iirc there isn't any way to do that, except trading them with friends.

Can we actually have a female rival that isn't the unused player character?
Seriously.
Gen I: Blue Oak
Gen II: Silver
Gen III: unused player character + Wally
Gen IV: Barry
Gen V (BW): Cheren and Bianca, but Bianca kinda bumbled around and was unsure of herself.
Gen V (BW2): Hugh
Gen VI: unused player character + Trevor + Tierno + Shauna, but Shauna was the least confident and Trevor and Tierno were really bit characters.

Can we actually have a female rival that isn't the unused player character?
Seriously.
Gen V (BW): Cheren and Bianca, but Bianca kinda bumbled around and was unsure of herself.
I agree with you on us needing more female rivals that aren't the female PC. But I feel like you're underselling Bianca's character. Yeah she started unshure of herself and bumbling around, but as the game went on she became confident, and she probably has the most character development of all the rivals maybe outside of Silver.

I want a return to the map design from Gen I-IV. I really don't like the mostly linear designs of the maps. But that'll never happen. We can't let the kiddies get too lost.

Evolutions for previous pokemon aside from Eevee evolutions. It seems they rather do mega evolutions for now on than to do any more evolutions for older gen pokemon. I could be wrong though.

Please this. I've missed it. New Pokemon are great and all but some Pokemon should still get evolutions (not megas, which I'm not particularly fond of anyways)

Rivals with character. I'm not a hater of the super friendly rival, because even then they can be interesting (Barry and Hugh). However, XY's rivals were boring and plain and I don't really want to repeat that. It looks like we'll be getting another friendly rival this time around but hopefully he can be made interesting. At the very least, we have Lillie to give us something.

Also like Peachy said, less linearity in maps and overall. I'm not asking for being able to do gyms in any order (although that would be nice). Just...not a map like Unova and Kalos that sets you off in one specific path even though it looks like you can go other places. Hoenn and Sinnoh did it best, imo. And I don't remember about Hoenn, but I know Sinnoh has you backtracking to places, such as the lakes, Canalave, Celestial Town. And in Kalos...you're always going forward on the path. Except like, Lumiose, but still. It gives the game a much more adventurous journey.

I agree with you on us needing more female rivals that aren't the female PC. But I feel like you're underselling Bianca's character. Yeah she started unshure of herself and bumbling around, but as the game went on she became confident, and she probably has the most character development of all the rivals maybe outside of Silver.

Fair enough, and I really do like the character based story of BW. In fact, I do think that BW has the best story and some of the most memorable characters of all the main series games.

On the other hand, while Bianca did get a lot of character development as the game continued, I do feel like she was overshadowed by Cheren almost entirely at the end.
For example, when N captures the legendary dragon and challenges Alder, who's right behind you when you challenge the E4?

Not Bianca. Cheren.

When you storm Team Plasma's castle and take on N and Ghetsis, who's there to arrest Ghetsis at the end?

Cheren.

When I say that we need a female rival that's not the unused player character, I mean that we need a female rival that isn't going to be eclipsed. Maybe someone with the personality of Blue or even Silver. Also, go back to having only one rival, maybe two.

Too many characters means none of them gets enough screen time, which was XY's problem.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom