• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things You Collect

Slim Shady

(ノ^∇^)
Reaction score
Just post about things that you like to collect, can be anything from the ordinary to the strange.

I collect CDs/ vinyl records since for some reason I love having music in a physical form and always love the little things that come with them like posters or booklets.

Last edited:
*motions to signature*

I might start collecting sharp objects and rocks eventually, among other things. I have a rock collection from the past but I don't add to it anymore.

Last edited:
Plushies/soft toys. Nothing more specific, usually anything I can get my hands on at comic-con and stores. I have a few pokédolls (or rather cheap fakes), anime characters, digimon, video game characters, ugly dolls, various Domos, 3 cabbage patch kids, build-a-bear's that people have built me. Thinking of making one of those waldorf dolls so I can add to my collection.
I also collect Marvel comic books, Converse trainers (or at least I use to) and I really want to collect vinyl records since I got 1 Bon Jovi record at a charity shop about half a year ago.

I have a massive DVD collection and I've started collecting a lot of figures and plush toys. They're mostly Pokemon, Animal Crossing and Dangan Ronpa based merch. I was looking on eBay yesterday for things to add to them. I also love having physical copies of things like video games and books, so in a sense, they are a collection as well.

When I was younger I used to "collect" Monopoly boards. My collection only included three different boards, but I still considered it a collection nonetheless.

I do still have a very small collection of monument figurines. I'm not avidly seeking new things for my collection, but if I come across something I like I'll buy it and it to my shelf of goodies.

I collect merchandise of my favorite Pokemon and that is what dominates most of my attention, but I also like to collect figures and other goodies from various Disney movies, How to Train Your Dragon, and Mega Man. Figurines and plushes are my favorite things to buy, but I also enjoy collecting game books, board games, keychains, anything with unique art on it, CDs... pretty much anything that would look cool to display.

If my site weren't under construction (the link in my sig is broken), you could see what I have, but it will be open in the future. I just have a few more things to do here and there.

Alcohol.

Really, I do. Some I drink and some we just leave it there like a good bottle of wine or champagne.

When I was really young I was much more into collecting than I am now. I loved beanie babies when they were a big hit back in the mid-late 90s, and then, of course, Pokemon cards (the biggest waste of money for my parents, ever. >.<).

After that my 'collections' have become purely practical, like music, video games, and instruments. That is with one exception... Recently I've found a fascination with G3 MLPs and I have collected a few already. I don't know how far that will go, though. lol

Pokedolls are one of my major collections, but sometimes my desire to collect goes on and off, since they're not the cheapest of things. I think the rarest Pokedolls I have would be Torchic from 2003, Wooper from 2004 or 2005, and Chatot from 2007 or 2008. I also consider myself a video game collector, especially since I have more games than time to play all of them. I also like to collect little things like keychains or pins from different anime or video game series. Oh and one more thing! I like to collect those small statues from the 99 cents store. Specifically ones of birds, horses, dolphins, fish, and dogs.

I collect music recordings in general. I've got a load of CDS, and CDRs (perhaps more than I should have) quite a few tapes, and gigs of (legal, I swear) downloads, both paid (via Bandcamp, mostly) and free off of multiple netlabels. I'd spring for records, too, but I have nothing to play them on and no cash to get it with. I tend to spring for hard copies whenever I can, if only because it's easier to archive them...
I've got recordings from all over the place, from the big deal labels to stuff so tiny you have to get it directly through the label (or, in several cases, the musician).

I collect foreign currency. Whenever I travel or a relative or friend does I ask them to bring back currency from wherever they visit. My aim is to get the pre-Euro European currencies although it's becoming increasingly difficult with time.

DVDs. For a while, I was trying to amass a collection of plush Pokemon, and then I realized I didn't have the money to do that anymore. DVDs are much cheaper, especially at pawn shops.

I collect a lot of things. DVDs, t-shirts, plushies, My Little Ponies, Disney pins, I have too many collections...

Now that I've got a job I'm going to start collecting g1-g3 ponies and (even more) Pokemon trading cards!

Just started collecting Sentai merchandise, i have been collecting rocks for years and i use to collect yu gi oh cards until my collection was stolen

Last edited:
I collect coins. I got something to put 50 cent coins in (I am missing three - 25th Anniversary of Decimal Currency, Australian Capital Territory Centenary of Federation and South Australia Centenary of Federation) which I brought while I was in Queensland a few years ago. I used to have one for ten cent, but lost it). I got a few ten cent pieces from New Zealand (as well as a two dollar coin from New Zealand) and a 20 sen coin from Malaysia that somehow got here in Australia as I have never been overseas (I would like to go to Korea to teach English there eventually and maybe get some coins from there as well).

Apart from pokemon??

I collect bags. Not handbags per se (although i do have several) but plastic carrier bags with unique patterns or now-defunct logos.
I have a huge music collection too - all kinds of CDs from all kinds of artists.
I also love costumes and i have WAY too many clothes.
I used to collect Egyptian ornaments but i just have way too many things and no space for them so while i don't actively collect anymore i have a collection.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom