• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things You Find Annoying in Video-games

Time limits. My work performance is worse than normal when there's a time limit and it stresses me out, so when something I do for entertainment stresses me out, I don't like it.

Same with suspense in TV and anime. It freaks me out.

The Go For it Electra Quest in Xenoblade Chronicles 2

1.You need to chase her down 3 times to start with
2.Several levels of a skill set are needed
3.Seperate locations visited each one having a different thing that requires Electra's power for

Traps in Pikmin 2, especially the Bulbear and Bomb Rock traps.

Not in a video game per se, but I feel as though it may fit this thread.

This is mostly a mobile game thing, but shitty ads for good games. Like, I've seen a bunch of god-awful clickbaity ads for a certain game that are repulsive and have little to do with the actual game. The ads in question are Spiderman/Elsa youtube children's videos-level bad.

I ended up downloading said game recently through a friend's recommemdation and it turns out the game is pretty good. Like the art is gorgeous, the devs are always in comminication with the players, the lore is interesting, resources are plentiful (afaik), etc.

Apparently this is a case of a company outsourcing their assets to an ad agency to get players to sign up, thus resulting in the garbage on youtube. Such a stupid way to get players, and the worst thing about it is ads like that are very effective on the 12 year olds who see them. I would never have even touched the game based only on the ads alone.

Like if I ever saw an ad for Pokemon Masters where Cynthia is torn between Lance or Steven as being her baby daddy I will lose my shit

Not in a video game per se, but I feel as though it may fit this thread.

This is mostly a mobile game thing, but shitty ads for good games. Like, I've seen a bunch of god-awful clickbaity ads for a certain game that are repulsive and have little to do with the actual game. The ads in question are Spiderman/Elsa youtube children's videos-level bad.

I ended up downloading said game recently through a friend's recommemdation and it turns out the game is pretty good. Like the art is gorgeous, the devs are always in comminication with the players, the lore is interesting, resources are plentiful (afaik), etc.

Apparently this is a case of a company outsourcing their assets to an ad agency to get players to sign up, thus resulting in the garbage on youtube. Such a stupid way to get players, and the worst thing about it is ads like that are very effective on the 12 year olds who see them. I would never have even touched the game based only on the ads alone.

Like if I ever saw an ad for Pokemon Masters where Cynthia is torn between Lance or Steven as being her baby daddy I will lose my shit
By any chance, did those ads have to do with pulling pins(?) to prevent a disaster or something like that? Because most of the bad ads I see are of that kind.

By any chance, did those ads have to do with pulling pins(?) to prevent a disaster or something like that? Because most of the bad ads I see are of that kind.
Does it have to do with pipes and lava or something?

I get so many different kinds of awful game ads. The ones I see are usually weird pregnancy/episode-like ads, or the ads where "lol ur gf sux at vidya games"

Does it have to do with pipes and lava or something?

I get so many different kinds of awful game ads. The ones I see are usually weird pregnancy/episode-like ads, or the ads where "lol ur gf sux at vidya games"
Yes to the first one, no to the second one, although I got a grossout one once.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom