• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things You Hate About New Generations Approaching

Is anyone else concerned about Iwata saying "you will be able to see some of your favorite pokemon in full 3d"?
You mean all Pokemon might not be able to be 3D? That's dumb, why would they do that? If some are in 3D they all should be.

Maybe he means that Pokemon from previous Gens can be found in the wild? Or that you'll receive some through special in-game events or being able to catch old Legendaries in various places? Like, you'll see "some of your favorites" during your journey, not necessarily in general.

Is anyone else concerned about Iwata saying "you will be able to see some of your favorite pokemon in full 3d"?
You mean all Pokemon might not be able to be 3D? That's dumb, why would they do that? If some are in 3D they all should be.

I highly doubt that they'll make us leave our old pokes behind (especially in a day and age when transferring data like that is a piece of cake). There will be some kind of PokeTransfer feature. I'm sure of it. It would be a huge mistake not to include it. Plus, they've already got all the basic 3D models from Pokedex 3D Pro.

It probably just means that only some of the Pokemon from older generations will be available in game. Others might have to be obtained by other means: transferring Pokemon from Gen V, events, possibly some new feature like the Dream World was for Gen V and the Pokewalker was for HGSS.

It probably just means that only some of the Pokemon from older generations will be available in game. Others might have to be obtained by other means: transferring Pokemon from Gen V, events, possibly some new feature like the Dream World was for Gen V and the Pokewalker was for HGSS.

I would LOVE if they brought back a PokeWalker-like feature with the 3DS step counter and streetpass! It would work so well. Just send a pokemon to your 3DS menu or something (like another app) and it'll work like the pokewalker except it uses the 3ds pedometer and streetpass features. That would be amazing.

Speculating and getting excited for thing that most likely won't happen.

I remember reading about people last generation (and I'll admit that I was one of them) who were excited about the possibility of a new type, co-op, or whatever other crazy thing we thought GF would be adding, only for it not to happen that way.

I remember reading about people last generation (and I'll admit that I was one of them) who were excited about the possibility of a new type, co-op, or whatever other crazy thing we thought GF would be adding, only for it not to happen that way.

Too be honest the thing I fear most is what they take away. In gen 5 we had Level 100 all taken from us in WiFi and I used to enjoy battling on WiFi

Too be honest the thing I fear most is what they take away. In gen 5 we had Level 100 all taken from us in WiFi and I used to enjoy battling on WiFi

Level 50 flat is nearly the same thing. The numbers just aren't as impressive.

THE WAIT.

Really. I have no other qualms. The little bits of info they give away before release serves to get players worked-up for the game, and it sure does work on me.

I hate seeing and guessing what "Improvements" they try to do to the anime

The absolute worst thing about new generations approaching is not the older fans complaining about them, the worst part is the WAIT for them, which is often extremely long, and feels like several years, this will be the longest one since it's not until around the very end of the year that it will happen, and it's only January, which makes the wait even longer than ever.

I hate seeing and guessing what "Improvements" they try to do to the anime

They always say things like that, but the anime almost never changes at all, it refuses to change.

Because we have to wait so long for new information, discussions become rather repetitive. It makes it hard to choose which topics are worth keeping up with.

I have a few things I highly dislike about a new generation coming:

1. People who assume just because I suggest an idea I am completely inflexible on it, or people who just automatically dismiss even the slightest possibility of it.
2. (On the flip side of above) People who are actually completely inflexible even if its an extremely Farfetch'd idea.
3.People who as soon as the new main series games are announced begin to speculate about either a third game or remakes of past gens.
4. The wait

People that complain that new generations are coming out at all; i.e., genwunners. And contrary to what Pokememes' residents say, they do exist.

I dislike it when some people complain that the metagame is getting ruined even before the actual game is released! I personally like the addition of new Pokémon because it adds more variety to teams.

They always say things like that, but the anime almost never changes at all, it refuses to change.

When it does change its usually not for the good in my thoughts.

Also i dislike seeing the new human cast which has continuly been mostly a let down to me because some of the human cast have become more bizzare and not a prefered styling of my thoughts. most noteably, Benga and Zinzolin were the most bizzare game characters for gen5 reminding me of the Tazmanian Devil from Loony Tunes and N'Gin from the Crash Bandicoot series Rspectivly.
Soran and Riku were the most bizzarest for the Anime because...really do i need to explain more? But yea. the New humans really damer my enthusiasm for the next gens

When it does change its usually not for the good in my thoughts.

Also i dislike seeing the new human cast which has continuly been mostly a let down to me because some of the human cast have become more bizzare and not a prefered styling of my thoughts. most noteably, Benga and Zinzolin were the most bizzare game characters for gen5 reminding me of the Tazmanian Devil from Loony Tunes and N'Gin from the Crash Bandicoot series Rspectivly.
Soran and Riku were the most bizzarest for the Anime because...really do i need to explain more? But yea. the New humans really damer my enthusiasm for the next gens

I can agree with you on the anime, it refuses to change from it's usual format that it's been using for 15 years so far, and when the anime DOES change, it's often not for the better, just look at all the complaints made about Best Wishes so far.

And the Pokemon themselves aren't bizarre already? I mean, this is Pokemon after all and bizarre things happen all the time in a world populated by superpowered animals etc. But I do agree with you on that too, the human characters are starting to look less and less like normal human beings, just look at Ghetsis for instance, what kind of real life person dresses like that (asides from Lady Gaga and the late Colonel Muammar Gaddafi, who was known for wearing all sorts of weird outfits). I remember back in the earlier generations, the gym leaders and everyone dressed pretty normally back then. I'm guessing that Game Freak is trying to be more original with the character designs, but they have gone too far at times.

Last edited:
I can agree with you on the anime, it refuses to change from it's usual format that it's been using for 15 years so far, and when the anime DOES change, it's often not for the better, just look at all the complaints made about Best Wishes so far.

And the Pokemon themselves aren't bizarre already? I mean, this is Pokemon after all and bizarre things happen all the time in a world populated by superpowered animals etc. But I do agree with you on that too, the human characters are starting to look less and less like normal human beings, just look at Ghetsis for instance, what kind of real life person dresses like that (asides from Lady Gaga and the late Colonel Muammar Gaddafi, who was known for wearing all sorts of weird outfits). I remember back in the earlier Generations, the gym leaders and everyone dressed pretty normally back then. I'm guessing that Game Freak is trying to be more original with the character designs, but they have gone too far at times.

the pokemon havent really progressed over generations to become more bizzare. there were weird ones in every gen just as there were epic ones. there were some pretty bizzare pokemon back in gen 1 while gen 4 had some of the most coolest pokemon such as Lucario Pachirisu, buizel, floatzel, ect. People wise, after seeing dawn back for DP i had stared to loose my fondness of the avatars (i was impressed with hilbert and hilda though), then when nate (yawn) and Rosa came along, it was Meh... Im not impressed the slightest with the Gen 6 character who looks like hilbert and nate combinded which i disliked due to him being a potentail rehash of two other characters. the gym leaders were the same way. i ha no issues up untill DP. After seeing Maylene and Gardinia, they were very bizzare and i wasnt impressed with the BW leaders. Roxie and marlon helped drive my point home. Every generation the wardrobe gets more and more anime style freaky. that has made each new gen more and more of a let down for holding pokeserative views. however all of the dissapointments in the character department has allowed my to make all my road signs so i now see it as a like but hate view on the new gens

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom