• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Pokemon Gen 8 (2019)

Doing it as they had done in ORAS would be a great way to acknowledge those who have started Pokemon with Diamond or Pearl.

That's why they did it in ORAS. It's a great tribute to the original games. Also, we should get back on topic, as this thread is meant to discuss Gen 9.
The thread is for gen 8 wishes, so no worries with speculating on the DP Remakes. Though there is a dedicated thread for that as well.

I liked how in XY you got to battle Sycamore twice and of course in SuMo we ended off with a full battle against Kukui. So with that, I hope we have at least one opportunity to battle Professor Magnolia. And with SwSh being very focused on battling and the league, I think it would make a lot of sense to battle her at some point.
I feel like Sonia would be a much better candidate for a battle. She’s the professor for the majority and end, and she used to be Leon’s rival so she should have a team that’s battle ready.

Why is everyone so obessed with Gen 4? I mean its fine, but not the best game and has its flaws.
Probably because up in line for a remake. And it’s still nowhere near the level of "Hoenn Comfirmed" memes. And also that the people who grew up with Gen 4 (like me) are well... growing up and can voice a demand for their childhood games.

It’s also (along with Gen 5) one of the last generations which are non-linear and have lots of optional content.

Why is everyone so obessed with Gen 4? I mean its fine, but not the best game and has its flaws.

The same can be said about literally every Pokemon game. None of them are the pinnacle of perfection, and while one might be the favorite of someone, there will never be a universal consensus on what is the "best" game. It also contains 3 different regions (Sinnoh, Johto, and Kanto) so if you like any of those regions you may like a Gen 4 game. It has tons of side content (Pokeathlon dome, safari zone, pal park, growing berries, making apriballs, you name it). From my experience though there's less obsession with Gen 4 than with Gen 5. The most common opinions I've seen seem to agree that Gen 4 and Gen 5 are awesome, while Gen 6 was at best controversial, for a lot of reasons, and Gen 7 was loved by some and despised by some. Same for Gen 8, so I guess in short my hypothesis would be that Gen 4 (along with Gen 5) was one of the last of the universally beloved Pokemon games.

You may not like Gen 4, but if you like Pokemon games in general, it's tough to see you Hating it. Does that make sense?

In my opinion, from what I have seen here, every single Pokémon game is divisive, and you're likely to find both detractors and fans from each gen here. For example, after playing the games as an adult, I find Gen I to be pretty bad and not what I remembered at all, but at the same time you'll find people that think that they have more pros than cons.

There's a reason the fandom is considered a broken base.

I also forgot about what I want for the "World of Pokemon" intro in the Gen IV remake. I also want the camera to pan down to the waters of the pond to show the stars forming the constellations of Gen IV Pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom