• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Pokemon Gen 8 (2019)

nidoking, seaking, nidoqueen, slaking... all pokemon with queen and king in it's names should be in the games.

Slowking should get a mega form not only Slowbro.
The same for other stone based evolutions that one got a mega...

New king and queen pokemons... the abilities like Queenly Majesty need more representatives.
(really could see a 2legged Bastet cat rock/ghost and a female pinguin with chansey like stats dark/ice in this generation)

Another thing: for the love all that is holy let us have different battle backgrounds during wifi battles. Its backwards to have music selection but not that. Seems like a obvious one, but its GF so my expectations are low for quality of life of stuff.
Oh right. That's something I would have liked, too (even though I don't battle people online).

Because the stats of some older pokemon got buffed in generations 6 and 7 I hope that happens in gen 8 too. PLEASE give furret a stat boost of some kind. I like you furret, I really do but I rarely use you because other than speed your stats are so bad!

Because the stats of some older pokemon got buffed in generations 6 and 7 I hope that happens in gen 8 too. PLEASE give furret a stat boost of some kind. I like you furret, I really do but I rarely use you because other than speed your stats are so bad!
Isn't that more or less what happens to the other regional mammals?

Something like the PWT with all the previous rivals coming back.

This is mostly because I want an excuse to listen to updated rival music

Something like the PWT with all the previous rivals coming back.

This is mostly because I want an excuse to listen to updated rival music

Alola was the perfect region for it. Like everyone goes on vacation. What a waste.

Nothing a Regional Varient/Galar Form can't fix. . .

Magicarp could get a special attack. It got Bounce a flying type move but really only tackle and no water gun after so many years? It wouldnt hurt the game. The same with metang. Tackle? Shift gear should be a option with a special attack like signal beam. I dont like pokemon with one move to attack it's bad.

Last edited:
Magicarp could get a slecial attack. It got Bounce a flying type move but really only tackle and no water gun after so many years? It wouldnt hurt the game. The same with metang. Tackle? Shift gear should be a option with a special attack like signal beam. I dont like pokemon with one move to attack it's bad.
The thing with Magikarp is that it is supposed to suck.

The same with metang. Tackle? Shift gear should be a option with a special attack like signal beam. I dont like pokemon with one move to attack it's bad.
Metang has several moves to attack with besides Tackle. It has Metal Claw, Take Down, Pursuit, Bullet Punch, Zen Headbutt, Meteor Mash, Confusion, and Psychic, and that's all by level up. Or do you mean Beldum? It's true that it only learns Take Down by level up, but it has three more moves by tutor. (And it evolves into Metang at level 20, so it won't be without moves for long. In fact, all wild Beldum are above level 20, meaning they'd evolve at the first level up.

1) Game Freak is a Japanese company, and most Japanese people are traditionalists. Yes, Japan is also the home of some very new-wave extravagant cultural and fashion movements but Japan remains an overwhelmingly conservative society. And I think it's fairly easy to guess that Game Freak probably share those traditional values. So you have to respect that, even if you personally disagree with them.
That's a whole lot of assumptions there. And though Japan definitely has its own issues with gender and sex, that's not particularly relevant here directly. Even if Japan is more conservative as a nation, it's not a hive mind.

And one of the biggest reasons this argument seems irrelevant to me, Animal Crossing, which is about as Japanese game as Pokemon, and a pretty huge franchise too, allows your character to wear anything they want, regardless of gender. Literally, the only thing the gender selection changes is what pronouns are used for you.

Aside from that, GF has also shown to be 'progressive' when it comes to things such as energy sources, so I find your assumption about their view incredibly unfounded.

^ All of these points have already been answered.

And, besides, this discussion has been over for several days now.

Last edited:
New Pokeballs PLEASE. We haven't gotten any normal new Pokeballs since DP. The Dream and Beast balls were I guess nice to see (if only because they show a desire to create new balls), but they were only for specific occasions. I need some new Pokeballs that I can use to catch any Pokemon. And not just one or two, can we get like 5 plz and thank u. That would really make my day :giggle:

Isn't that more or less what happens to the other regional mammals?
Honestly, the whole regional bird/mammal thing sucks - once the Pokemon no longer has its gimmick (because you moved to another region), then it's just a really trash Pokemon. Trash Pokemon that get excluded from most Regional Dexes because they're weak outside of the early game.

If they're not going to make them useful in their own gen (like they did with Diggersby), I think they should at least buff these guys after they lose their relevance. Otherwise, they're just Dex filler that nobody wants to use. What's the worst that could happen, they perform better when they're used in their gen's remakes?

I'd love for Furret to get a buff- I've got a shiny one that I've been trying to use on my pink and blue dessert themed team since X and Y, and its easily the worst monster on that team. I know it comes with the territory when you build teams based on aesthetics and personal favorites, but it'd still be nice to give it a buff, seeing as it's a popular enough design that they've made a decent amount of merchandise of it.

I also have to second the desire for more new types of Pokeball. I feel like there's at least sort of a chance of this, since they gave us back the Apricorn balls (even if they are only available in severely limited amounts)? And I also don't think it would be too hard to come up with new gimmicks for what situation to use them in. I have a lot of fun trying to match the color schemes of Pokemon with the balls I catch them in, and its frustrating that there's really no good Pokeball for purple Pokemon! The only purple Pokeball is the Masterball, and you can't even pass that one down with breeding.

I'd love for a substantial post-game that has nothing to do with any kind of battle facility. I know people like those, and I'm not saying there shouldn't be one. But they do not appeal to me at all, so having the post-game be a battle facility is, for me, like having no post-game at all. I'd like to see larger areas to explore post-game, with a lot more content.

This is probably why I adored Gen II so much. An entire second region to explore. I didn't even care about the balancing issues, or how watered down Kanto was, it was still way better than any post-game I've seen since.

It doesn't have to be an entire second region to explore, but we need an expansive area to explore with significant plot and people to battle.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom