• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Pokemon Gen 8 (2019)

I don't think they will do that, otherwise, how could they be different from normal legendaries?

Because the "normal" lengedaries are found main-game, like the box legend, while the mythicals are generally reserved to "post-game". And they'd actually require you to find them, as most legends tend to be handed to you, or require very minimum searching, except the roaming ones. Basically, it forces you to scour the region for clues until they lead you to an obscure location off-the-beaten path where the item will trigger and open it up. I mean, they did it with Shaymin, Darkrai, and Acreus back in DPPt, and no one complained about having to hunt and battle them back then. So, why would it be a big deal if they did that again?

Because the "normal" lengedaries are found main-game, like the box legend, while the mythicals are generally reserved to "post-game". And they'd actually require you to find them, as most legends tend to be handed to you, or require very minimum searching, except the roaming ones. Basically, it forces you to scour the region for clues until they lead you to an obscure location off-the-beaten path where the item will trigger and open it up. I mean, they did it with Shaymin, Darkrai, and Acreus back in DPPt, and no one complained about having to hunt and battle them back then. So, why would it be a big deal if they did that again?
So, you are proposing that they change the term they use for DLC legendaries?

So, you are proposing that they change the term they use for DLC legendaries?

They can do all the DLC nonsense they want, but what I'm proposing is that they allow in-game triggers instead of one-shot Mystery Gift stuff to promote the whole "find/battle/catch rare Pokemon" mentality that the franchise is known for. And what better way then to make you hunt for a specific Mon unrelated to the main story (as most of this would happen post-game) by giving you a "clue" and you taking it from there. Remember, the lore surrounding mythicals rarely relates to the main story legend, as they're legends of a different breed that not even the resident "experts" know about, or at least know much except obscure rumors. While the box legend can take the center stage for the story, as that's par the course now, they could tap back into the more "wondrous" nature of mythicals and make you search for them using in-game event items instead of relying on Mystery Gifts. After all, people didn't complain about getting the GS Ball in an in-game event in the VC release of Crystal to trigger Celebii, now did they? That's essentially what I'm getting at: an in-game event triggers at a certain point that promotes the PC to do a side-quest to search for an obscure Mon that is only known by rumors. That's what I'm proposing. They can do any little DLC they want for the mythicals of old, but to promote the newer ones, they tap back into the DPPt or Crystal VC mentality of using an item to trigger an event that'll lead you to your target. That's the difference.

There were so, so many issues I had with S/M that I really hope do not return to Sword/Shield in any form or capacity. Okay maybe not that harshly, but I really hope that Sword/Shield goes back to,

• I want the region to be all in one piece again, and not disconnected like the Alola islands were. Now obviously I know the reason why they went with that, since Hawa'ii is scattered and likely also cause they were pushing the 3DS to its absolute limits. But it gave the region an extremely linear and disjointed feel that I really didn't like. Fortunately it doesn't appear it'll be that way again.
  • I'm glad that gyms seem to be making a return as the minigame-centric Trials and Totem fights were not things I enjoyed. I do think that would be nice if they found some way to spice up the gym formula though, since I know some people did prefer the Trials for being refreshing.
  • For the love of Arceus, can we please not overdo it with the cutscenes anymore. I don't want to take another single step and be forced to watch yet another unskippable cutscene. Please stop interrupting me and let me play the game already.
  • Can I please save my game after beating the Champion, before being bombarded with a series of cutscenes and a legendary battle that in total lasts for approx. 30 minutes? Please just let me save?
That's seriously it. Any Pokemon game that fixes or eliminates those issues I had with S/M would be a huge improvement to me.

I'm glad that gyms seem to be making a return as the minigame-centric Trials and Totem fights were not things I enjoyed. I do think that would be nice if they found some way to spice up the gym formula though, since I know some people did prefer the Trials for being refreshing.
Well, in my case, I only preferred trials over gyms because, unlike with Gyms, I actually felt challenged. Gyms stop being challenging after the third one, in my case.

They can do all the DLC nonsense they want, but what I'm proposing is that they allow in-game triggers instead of one-shot Mystery Gift stuff to promote the whole "find/battle/catch rare Pokemon" mentality that the franchise is known for. And what better way then to make you hunt for a specific Mon unrelated to the main story (as most of this would happen post-game) by giving you a "clue" and you taking it from there. Remember, the lore surrounding mythicals rarely relates to the main story legend, as they're legends of a different breed that not even the resident "experts" know about, or at least know much except obscure rumors. While the box legend can take the center stage for the story, as that's par the course now, they could tap back into the more "wondrous" nature of mythicals and make you search for them using in-game event items instead of relying on Mystery Gifts. After all, people didn't complain about getting the GS Ball in an in-game event in the VC release of Crystal to trigger Celebii, now did they? That's essentially what I'm getting at: an in-game event triggers at a certain point that promotes the PC to do a side-quest to search for an obscure Mon that is only known by rumors. That's what I'm proposing. They can do any little DLC they want for the mythicals of old, but to promote the newer ones, they tap back into the DPPt or Crystal VC mentality of using an item to trigger an event that'll lead you to your target. That's the difference.
Oh, I misunderstood what you said, then :bulbaFacepalm:. I thought you were talking about removing Mythicals at all, and, knowing GF, will never happen (even if I really want that). If so, I agree with it. The last Mythical we were able to catch in the wild was Victini, which is pretty sad, since something like what you are saying would have saved Volcanion and Zeraora in my mind, since I find them the two most boring Mythicals in the games.

How does that sound?
Sounds good, mostly! Honestly, I still feel like the Magearna QR code could have led to an event, rather than a delivery, but oh well. It would have been a good implementation. Won't work with the Switch of course, but even so.

As for limited time events, those were the bane of my existence when I was younger. Cause half the time they would be distributed elsewhere in the country, in a place I couldn't even get to... So I'm glad GF is now at least taking advantage of increased connectivity.

But yeah, it would be nice to 'earn' these encounters again. I also like how they did the Eon Ticket, which would spread via Street Pass. It's a little sad the Switch can't utilise things like that but still...

Sounds good, mostly! Honestly, I still feel like the Magearna QR code could have led to an event, rather than a delivery, but oh well. It would have been a good implementation. Won't work with the Switch of course, but even so.

As for limited time events, those were the bane of my existence when I was younger. Cause half the time they would be distributed elsewhere in the country, in a place I couldn't even get to... So I'm glad GF is now at least taking advantage of increased connectivity.

But yeah, it would be nice to 'earn' these encounters again. I also like how they did the Eon Ticket, which would spread via Street Pass. It's a little sad the Switch can't utilise things like that but still...
Couldn't they do that with friend codes or something? I don't know how a Switch is supposed to operate with another Switch, but if QR codes can work, surely friend codes can stay relevant?

Couldn't they do that with friend codes or something? I don't know how a Switch is supposed to operate with another Switch, but if QR codes can work, surely friend codes can stay relevant?
I'm not sure if those are even comparable?

They Eon Ticket used the Street Pass feature, which the Switch doesn't have, and only depended on you passing by another player. So you could get it from a complete stranger while walking around the city for example. The QR code depends on a camera, which the Switch also doesn't have. So any kind of code activated event would then be more along the lines of one of those code distributions like fir some of the HA starters, or other special Pokemon. Which usually are only available for a limited time. The nice thing about Magearna is that the QR pattern works indefinitely.

On an unrelated note, I wouldn't mind seeing more charms. We already have the Oval Charm and the Shiny Charm, but why not add more? Create a system out of it that allows you to equip several at once, depending on what you want to boost. Iirc badges used to boost certain stats, maybe we could have charms for that? Or one that boosts the likelihood of Pokemon with a low encounter rate appearing more frequently. If roaming pokemon return, one that attracts those? Or a charm that makes certain types appear more frequently

I'm not sure if those are even comparable?

They Eon Ticket used the Street Pass feature, which the Switch doesn't have, and only depended on you passing by another player. So you could get it from a complete stranger while walking around the city for example. The QR code depends on a camera, which the Switch also doesn't have. So any kind of code activated event would then be more along the lines of one of those code distributions like fir some of the HA starters, or other special Pokemon. Which usually are only available for a limited time. The nice thing about Magearna is that the QR pattern works indefinitely.

On an unrelated note, I wouldn't mind seeing more charms. We already have the Oval Charm and the Shiny Charm, but why not add more? Create a system out of it that allows you to equip several at once, depending on what you want to boost. Iirc badges used to boost certain stats, maybe we could have charms for that? Or one that boosts the likelihood of Pokemon with a low encounter rate appearing more frequently. If roaming pokemon return, one that attracts those? Or a charm that makes certain types appear more frequently
As someone that used to live in the slums and now lives in a rural zone, I'm glad they removed StreetPass. When I lived in the slums, you had a pretty good chance of getting robbed, so taking a 3DS with you was a pretty bad idea, and now that I live in a rural town, there's almost no chance of finding someone with a 3DS, making StreetPass completely useless.

As someone that used to live in the slums and now lives in a rural zone, I'm glad they removed StreetPass. When I lived in the slums, you had a pretty good chance of getting robbed, so taking a 3DS with you was a pretty bad idea, and now that I live in a rural town, there's almost no chance of finding someone with a 3DS, making StreetPass completely useless.
Just saying that Street Pass requires no interaction with others whatsoever to work, unlike Friend Codes for example. Just the way my awkward ass likes it. And yeah, obviously you don't want to take your valuable to some places, but it's not like you'd encounter others there anyway, probably. Plus, even more urban areas can have the 'passing nobody' problem. I don't have my 3DS on me that often anymore, but when I do, I rarely street pass anyone. It's one of those features that was fun while it lasted.

That aside, being able to essentially pass on an event item is pretty cool. Sure, the downside is that you need someone else, but these events aren't usually available for a limited time only. I could go out and get the Eon Ticket even now, despite the event being 4 years old. Theoretically at least, I would have to street pass someone...

Point is, I wouldn't mind if GF implemented something like that again, be it codes, or trades, or whatever, that gave access to special items and pokemon for an unlimited time. For all I care they give out monthly passwords or something

• For the love of Arceus, can we please not overdo it with the cutscenes anymore. I don't want to take another single step and be forced to watch yet another unskippable cutscene. Please stop interrupting me and let me play the game already.
  • Can I please save my game after beating the Champion, before being bombarded with a series of cutscenes and a legendary battle that in total lasts for approx. 30 minutes? Please just let me save?
Oh my goodness, this.

I enjoy that GF is putting more focus on the story, but it would be nice if control wasn't wrestled away from us every three steps. I appreciated them marking story progression on the map with a red flag, but it would be nicer if we had to initiate interaction with those characters to progress the story, so that we can move forward when we're ready. There were a lot of places in Gen 7 where I wanted to take a break from the story and look around the town for items or heal my Pokemon. If the story flag was in the way of where I wanted to go, I had to be confined to the previous route to train, or go all the way back to heal without triggering the story (though I think the healing thing was only one or two towns).

The saving issue is the worst, because you do not get to save before Lati@s (ORAS), Deoxys (ORAS) or Tapu Koko (SM), and you had to sit through a separate boss battle or a long cutscene for them, so if the nature wasn't right or you accidentally knocked it out (I knocked out Deoxys by mistake twice), you have to sit through all of those cutscenes again. Please offer a save point before a legendary, just as a courtesy. Those were anomaly situations, since GF is normally pretty good at allowing players to save before legendaries, but it just made those encounters stand out, and they were all in the most recent gens.

I just reeled at having to find some way to set up my team so that it was situated well for the Champion, but also had a status mon in the lead for the Tapu Koko fight that was the next thing given to you after the Hall of Fame and final cutscene. Like, don't do that. Let me prepare. There was no story reason for my character to not prepare to go into that temple. The cutscenes dragged me there and dropped me in the middle of the battle.

The saving issue is the worst, because you do not get to save before Lati@s (ORAS), Deoxys (ORAS) or Tapu Koko (SM)
At least with Deoxys and Tapu Koko you could just knock it out and come back for it later. Like, at worst you have to beat the E4 again, but at that point that shouldn't be terribly difficult. Saving grace for Lati@s was that you didn't have to battle it. It still makes a saving point a welcome feature, but at least they're not just gone if you beat them.

Yawn really should be a sound move and also pokemon that are sleeping should be able to use it too.
This way we would get something really interesting.
Animals when sleep sometimes give sounds when having bad dreams maybe allow pokemon who sleep to use sound moves with a chance that the attack works even randomly? then the old sleep status could be quite of handy.

Status effects are usually harmful to the Pokemon affected by them, that's kinda the point.
But not always, Poison Heal is a thing for example. You don't yawn in your sleep though, so I don't see why it should be usable during sleep

Some new ways of working with status effects would be nice though

But not always, Poison Heal is a thing for example.
Not always, no, but the exceptions aren't universal. Making sound moves work for all Pokemon in sleep isn't the same as giving some Pokemon an ability that lets them benefit from poison.

1. No more festival plaza like online connectivity
  2. No LGPE trade system
  3. Don't remove pokebank
  4. No hideous "armor" thingy
  5. Don't mess the 8 gym formula
  6. Don't f**k up the system
  7. Don't lessen the new pokemon below 90

Another thing I want? Please let the battle camera be more dynamic. What I mean is, make it shift and a bit more involved like in Pokemon Battle Revolution. Say what you will about the game but the camera work made the game feel more alive in battle. Not too optimistic on this one as they seem to be just using the game 3d models from the older games but upgraded so they may keep things as is minus a tweak or two.

From what I see, Eeveelutions have been seriously lagging behind most starter evolutions, due to unbalanced stats (especially on Flareon). However, what I want is something similar to Mega Evolutions for Eeveelutions with stats retweaked and boosted to combat most Legendary Pokémon and Ultra Beasts.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom