• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Pokemon Gen 8 (2019)

Are Eeveelutions even in comparison with starter evolutions? Specially since there are more of them than Fire/Water/Grass and they’re 2 stage families rather than 3 stage...
They have starter 'status', which LGPE made relevant again I guess. But I wouldn't compare them, considering there's an entirely different design motivation behind them compared to 'normal' starters. That said, they could give thee Eeveelutions a bit of a stat boost I think, and access to some more moves, and maybe not look away half of their movepool when they evolve. Not that most of those moves are terribly useful, but even so...

They have starter 'status', which LGPE made relevant again I guess. But I wouldn't compare them, considering there's an entirely different design motivation behind them compared to 'normal' starters. That said, they could give thee Eeveelutions a bit of a stat boost I think, and access to some more moves, and maybe not look away half of their movepool when they evolve. Not that most of those moves are terribly useful, but even so...

Eevee has Starter Status, yes, but I’ve never seen Raichu and Eeveelutions being given that status.

They could get slight boosts and moveset expansions, but I don’t see any reason that they should be equipped to battle Legendaries and UBs.

Eevee has Starter Status, yes, but I’ve never seen Raichu and Eeveelutions being given that status.

They could get slight boosts and moveset expansions, but I don’t see any reason that they should be equipped to battle Legendaries and UBs.

Raichu already got Alolan form, but that's it. Game Freak doesn't care much about Raichu or even Dragonite.

In terms for Eeveelutions, the only way they could get relevant again is giving them boosted forms similar to Mega Evolutions or Ultra Burst. Any slight boosts don't do it.

Game Freak might even retcon Eevee to as an Ultra Beast Pokémon even if he's more a unique Pokémon in Pokémon World. Who knows, even if they explain about Eevee's extraterrestrial origins.

Same, and there are plenty of pokemon who aren't.

But doesn't Eeevee having starter status automatically extend that to its evolutions as well? Sure, you can't evolve it in LGPE, but Blue evolves his in Yellow, in Colosseum you start with Espeon/Umbreon, XD allows you to evolve it too. So I'd say its evolutions have Starter Status too

Raichu already got Alolan form, but that's it. Game Freak doesn't care much about Raichu or even Dragonite.
That wasn’t a stat boost though.
If you’re applying a logic to Eeveelutions, they’ve got the same (if not less) standing as Raichu in terms of starter evolutions.

In terms for Eeveelutions, the only way they could get relevant again is giving them boosted forms similar to Mega Evolutions or Ultra Burst.
Eeveelutions have literally no reason to undergo ultra burst. They don’t give off light to an entire region, they don’t have Z-Ring creating body parts, cannot open wormholes, do not have an Ultra Aura, or literally any suggested connection to the Wormhole stuff.

It sounds a bit too conspiracy-theory mode imo.

Same, and there are plenty of pokemon who aren't.

But doesn't Eeevee having starter status automatically extend that to its evolutions as well? Sure, you can't evolve it in LGPE, but Blue evolves his in Yellow, in Colosseum you start with Espeon/Umbreon, XD allows you to evolve it too. So I'd say its evolutions have Starter Status too

I mean... they’ve never given Raichu a starter evolution status so for the main series I think they’d use the same logic for Eeveelutions.

Still, even if rightfully considered starter evolutions, they cannot be compared to the conventional evolutions since you get a starter trio choice in usual games so the three starters have to be comparable, but Eevee/Pikachu is the only choice in their games.

Something recently came to mind that I would like to see implemented. New prompts when certain abilities activate. Most notably: Overgrow, Blaze, Torrent, and Swarm. I mean, really, is that too difficult to ask for? I never know when one of those abilities are active, making it a guessing game for me. I know that it's always 1/3rd of the Mon's HP, but I never know where that 1/3rd is. And I don't want this solely for those four abilities. We need some extra prompts to inform us if other subtle abilities are activated, like Shell Armor, Swift Swim, Chlorophyll, and so on, so we know if/when they've been activated. I mean, really, it would make a world of difference if we knew when certain subtle abilities have been triggered. It's not much to ask, I don't think, but throwing in a few extra prompts to alert you that certain abilities are now active wouldn't hurt.

Something recently came to mind that I would like to see implemented. New prompts when certain abilities activate. Most notably: Overgrow, Blaze, Torrent, and Swarm. I mean, really, is that too difficult to ask for? I never know when one of those abilities are active, making it a guessing game for me. I know that it's always 1/3rd of the Mon's HP, but I never know where that 1/3rd is. And I don't want this solely for those four abilities. We need some extra prompts to inform us if other subtle abilities are activated, like Shell Armor, Swift Swim, Chlorophyll, and so on, so we know if/when they've been activated. I mean, really, it would make a world of difference if we knew when certain subtle abilities have been triggered. It's not much to ask, I don't think, but throwing in a few extra prompts to alert you that certain abilities are now active wouldn't hurt.
I definitely agree with you about the first part, when a Pokemon gets to the threshold of hp it should say like "[Pokemon]'s Blaze activated!"

However, for the others, since they're active all the time, it wouldn't make sense. I'm already bothered by ones like Comatose that just tell you at the beginning that it's happening.

Maybe something like: "Galvantula's Compound Eyes increased its accuracy!"

There is only one thing I really really want and have wanted since HGSS:

Pokemon that follow you outside of battle. And I think it is more likely now that I've seen the videos with the cut content from Sun/Moon showing nearly all of them with walking and running animations. And LGPE has it. Give me this ability with ALL of them.

This seems stupid and trivial, but I play Pokemon with a focus on roleplaying. I like to make up stories in my head about my trainer going across generations and catching new Pokemon similar to how Ash does in the anime. It would mean a lot to me, and would bring them to life more than Pokemon Refresh has because they're always with me rather than having to access a battle or a menu to see them.

I do want other things (like difficulty levels), but they just aren't as important or possible to me as this.

Last edited:
Two more things came to mind. First off, reversing the nerf to certain items such as Fresh Water/Soda Pop/Lemonade and Gems (as well as making the latter accessible again). Secondly, if we get the return of certain Trainer classes, like Backpackers, expand their teams to more than just one Mon apiece, ESPECIALLY in the later half of the game. This also applies to virtually ALL later half Trainers, as only giving them 2-3 Mons seems like a huge waste for high-grade Trainers. Really, is that too much to ask, GF?

Animation for activation like in the anime too.
I hope we get more moves that block/dissable oponents moves, switch in, switch out, flinch and have between 10% and 40% chance of activation during battle. Really hope that Farfetch, Torkoal, Pikachu, Delibird, Flygon, Ledian, Venusaur, Blastoise , Lapras, Froslass, Jynx get armors or new megaevolutions.

Last edited:
Something that would be cool would be gradual unlocking, with all pokemon available in the game, but not at once. Maybe after the main game is over, you have postgame quests, and each one "unlocks" access to X number of pokemon, causes certain items to appear, etc.

That way you'd repeatedly have to travel all over the region, maybe into postgame-only areas, catching pokemon, collecting items, etc.

new Abilities that damage oponents pokemon when they switch in or out or try to switch our pokemon and when we self switch out. Similar like aftermath.
A ghost , psychic, ice or fairy type entry hazard that could immobilize any pokemon that enters battle for first turn and one that dissables one randomly chosen move of a pokemon entering battle.

Since I don't see Game Freak giving us an option to choose our age for our custom character, a comrpomise(which is more unlikely knowing them) would be give us All the base generic custom classes of that generation unlocked by beating them. Then we can customize them like we would a normal character giving us at least a bit of leeway. Something like Pokemon Battle Revolution would be nice

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom