• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Pokemon Gen 8 (2019)

This is a pretty small thing, but I'd like a trainer based on either the "Mary has a Little Lamb" or "Little Bo Peep" that has a team including Mareep, Cottonee, and/or Wooloo. With the games currently containing three sheep evolutionary lines and the Galar region being based on an English-speaking country, now is the perfect opportunity for such a trainer to exist!

This is a pretty small thing, but I'd like a trainer based on either the "Mary has a Little Lamb" or "Little Bo Peep" that has a team including Mareep, Cottonee, and/or Wooloo. With the games currently containing three sheep evolutionary lines and the Galar region being based on an English-speaking country, now is the perfect opportunity for such a trainer to exist!
Maybe they could base Pokémon Breeders on that.

now I want physical sound moves and a new damage dealing special steel sound move more then ever after seeing the spoilers.

more Disabling moves to counter Dynamax, Z-moves and Megas.

Interesting that they avoided showing more new abilities and moves...

Or new pokemon with old ones like Queenly Majesty and others.

Last edited:
High Horsepower becoming a increased priority move like First Impression or Extreme Speed.
(like the first one would be better --> Magnet Rise should have higher priority then it)

For me it should be so taking its "name" that is speed associated, I though first it would be a ground version of First Impression.

Also one of the old electric type moves or a new one should also become a increased priority move bc it's weird that we have not one at least after so many generations.

Last edited:
Stick Bash , grass, power 75, physical, sound move, battle effect : like Feint.
( - good against King Shield, - hits ghosts through "Protects", -goes through substitutes;
then there can be a niche for a ghost type with soundproof)

grass would deserve this after Razor Shel and Mystical Fire and other good moves that water and fire got in the past.
___
Moves like Roar, Whirlwind and other switching out moves when they won't be able to switch out bc it will be a 1 on 1 or both pokemon are last they should have a disablle the oponents move or confuse the oponent in my opinion.

Give us plenty of side quests and side features to make up for the National Pokédex thing. Don't make the quality of quantity thing limited solely to graphics: give us content to do other than the main story, Game Freak!

…Please? :(

Porygon.

Of all the Pokemon I like which aren't yet confirmed, I most want to raise a Porygon Z

And I want a VPet I can send my Porygon to and change it's form depending how it's raised. Because if you're going to have a virtual monster in a game about collecting monsters as pets, why not turn it into a virtual pet?

Combee - Dazzling
Vespiqueen - Quenlee Majesty
maybe Frosslass -Quenlee Majesty or a new ice/dark defense and hp oriented female black pinguine?
Dusknoir or its preevo - Sounproof

I'd like to see them bring back the National Dex, or failing that, at least allow all Pokémon to be playable in the game. In addition, I wouldn't mind seeing Mega Evolution and possibly even Z-Moves return since Mega Evolution made several popular Pokémon competitively viable whereas without Mega Evolution, they were not and Z-Moves allow the true form of Necrozma to be unlocked. I'd be willing to wait for patches, too, I just want to see these things done, with the National Dex taking priority.

Mythical fire and some other fire moves to become ball and bomb moves. Draco metror should be a bomb or ball move in my opinion. Bulletproof needs more love.

I don't see how magic flames count as a ball or bomb move-you might as well include Flamethrower if you make the criteria that loose.

Did You saw how Mythical fire looked in the anime?
At least poor chestnaught would get a little redemption with that.

Weird that flame charge and flame wheel arent balls taking how the pokemon look when hitting their targets when curled in fire. Seriously weird that only one legendary fire move is in the ball , blast and bomb category... Taking how many fire moves blast... Will-o-wisp is fire in ball form... 4 fire moves and one dragon move, thats not bad...

Last edited:
Here's a picture of it from the anime. It's not a ball. Flame charge says the user cloaks itself in flames, and flame wheel is a wheel, not a ball.
Tusche. But they can change that like levitate Gengar. Its the good will of the creators what form a move could take... Like the good will that created Pollen Puff and Beak Blast.

Wheel but when user is inside and rolling then whats actually a ball?... Also if rollout ... A wheel is a ball like gyroball... If it moves in a similar way... For them its not a problem to implement that.

Like ice shard and hail? Shards and hail are ball like... Weird that no more fairy moves are ball, cannon or blast like?

Last edited:
Tusche. But they can change that like levitate Gengar. Its the good will of the creators what form a move could take... Like the good will that created Pollen Puff and Beak Blast.
Yes, they can change what they want, but there's not much point in singling out Mystical Fire in that case.
Wheel but when user is inside and rolling then whats actually a ball?.
The move description says nothing about rolling, though.
Like ice shard and hail? Shards and hail are ball like...
Hail is slightly ball-shaped, but shards are an entirely different shape.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom