• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Pokemon Gen 8 (2019)

Yes, they can change what they want, but there's not much point in singling out Mystical Fire in that case.

The move description says nothing about rolling, though.

Hail is slightly ball-shaped, but shards are an entirely different shape.

Good will. What about Heavy Slam? Or other moves that should or could be counted as ball, blast, cannon moves? I know Heat Crash/stamp is out of the race but some other fire moves should be there.

• Following Pokemon. I've missed it since SoulSilver and I'm still holding out for it.
  • National dex. What else can I say? Pokemon is about collecting Pokemon and cutting content seriously irritates me. I probably won't buy unless they end up going with a national dex.
  • Interesting story. I just want something interesting. I guess I got spoiled by Black and White.
  • A way to skip tutorials. Just, please. I've been playing for way too long to be doing tutorials.

Heavy Slam is just the user's body-nothing ball-shaped or blasting there.
The japanese name is heavy bomber. Only seeing word bomb-er.

Moves that are bullets, projectiles, balls, bombs, blast, cannon like... Moon Force , Moonblast. Know but the moon is round and in anime they showed it as a sphere. That or make it a pulse and beam move and create Pulseproof ability against beams and pulses.

____
Hope that heatproof and waterproof will both reduce 67% of damage and rise both def and sp. def one stage. Rototiller and Flower Shield both should work better. Flower Shield could rise both stats or heal a status condition too. Rototiller should work differently when in single battles? Why not remove entry hazards from the ground?
____
Metal sound- reduces def one stage, causes now 20 power special damage and can disable oponents move for 2 turns even if the user moves first and blocks oponent from making his move in the same turn.

Disarming voice- same power+ 40%chance of disabling the oponents last move for 3turns.

Tickle- reduces stats and has 50% chance of disabling oponents last move for 3 turns.

Acupressure-effect like always+has chance of disabling a oponents move for 3turns.

Thunder wave- causes paralyze or disables a pokemon move for 3 turns.

Power whip- power the same, has 25% of chance to disable oponents last move for 3 turns.

Vine whip- power 45 has 40% chance of disabling a oponents last move for 3 turns.

Some psychic, bug, ghost type moves could also need this. Imagine lick or astonish not only able to paralyze or flinch. Then both affects of paralyze and disabling a move could have 50% of activation together but they seperate could have 25% each. The same could be with poison and burning moves.
____
Moves similar to heavy slam and heat crash but with reverse mechanic of weight maybe ground quick sand or psychic gravity slam? That heavy pokemon get more demage.

More moves and abilities related to switching, trapping and hurting pokemon that are trapped or try to switch. Like aftermath , curse but for when switching and beeing trapped. Could see a shield move that traps oponent.

Last edited:
I’d like amiibo character models to act like the e-Reader trainers back in Gen 3.

Druddigon
Stats:
Hp 77
Attack 120
Def. 90
Sp.a. 60
Sp.d. 90
Speed 48

evolves learning ghost type and having lost a battle having a item after Dynamax to->

Skullragon
dragon/ghost
Ability: Skeleton Soul Guard
User is immune to all special damage dealing moves category not matter what type.
Description: the walking skeleton pokemon.

Stats:
Hp: 33
Attack: 100
Def: 60
Sp. Attack: 50
Sp.def: 1
Speed: 44

-----------------------
Girafarig

Stats:
Hp; 70
Attack 80
Def 65
Sp attack 90
Sp def 65
Speed 85

When learning a new ghost type move and losing a batttle with a item evolves to:

Beastarig
dark/psychic
Ability:
Shadow Body Guard:
User is immune to all physicall attacks no matter what type they are.
Descrimption: the second head took over girafarring transforming it in a shadow beast.

Hp: 33
Attack: 50
Def: 1
Sp.a: 70
Sp.def: 60
Speed: 35

The stats can be changed a little to be either matched but speed are chosen so that they can compete with shedinja that is type wise and move wise designed to take them out easy. They can be used well with trickroom and need the hp and other stats to do well taking their weakness and stats. They have more weakness then Shedinja taking that moves off all types of the oposite category can hit them without those that their type protects them already.

Last edited:
I said it in another thread, but I want an Ice/Ghost type icicle Pokémon.

The concept would be that it lives in the depths of icy, foggy caves, attached to the ceiling of the cave. People and Pokémon who confuse it with a regular icicle severely regret it, because it falls from the ceiling and attacks.

fighting type punching move that makes the oponent fall asleep and wakes up a sleeping oponent and does double damage.

And one that causes to disable a move for 3 turns. Some hits can cause forgettingness.

Sound moves of types that werent yet used.

Damp should protect pokemon too from moves that would take a pokemon instantly out.
One hit KO moves.

Prevents the use of explosive moves such as Self-Destruct by dampening its surroundings.

Hope they crete "explosion trap" moves that work when switching in a pokemon to make Damp more usefull then now.

Would be cool if it would make the user immune to those moves rather then blocking them although.

Powder when hit by fire move from a Damp user and explodes should not hurt it?

there are more moves with explosions now, Earth Power, Shell Trap, would be cool if Damp could prevent those moves too.
__

I really think Bulletproof should protect a pokemon from Shell Trap too because if there is a ecplosion by hiting it's a kind of bomb and blast move in my opinion.

_
Shell Trap itself should be also a trapping move and trap the oponent for one or 2 turns after the explosion hapens

Shell Trap itself should be also a trapping move and trap the oponent for one or 2 turns after the explosion hapens
I think you're taking the "trap" part of Shell Trap the wrong way... it's more like a booby trap in the "attacks you" sense rather than the "captures you" sense. There's no logical reason why it should trap an opponent after it explodes.

I'm still waiting for amiibo support. It doesn't have to be anything huge, just something simple like optional clothes unlocked.
Nahhhhh I really hope Pokemon doesn’t start locking things behind amiibos in their main series games. Sword and Shield are already costlier than most previous main series games as it is. Even the Pokeball Plus seemed like rather needless spending to me just to get Mew and a few bells and whistles.

I didn't say lock anything that's REQUIRED to beat the game. They only did that in the free-to-download "amiibo Tap: Nintendo's Greatest Bits" and that Mario & Donkey Kong game. Also, Mew isn't even needed to beat the Champion.
I mean that’s obvious lol amiibo are never required to beat the game. Mew isn’t required to beat LGPE either, but it’s still technically locked behind a paywall. Paying to unlock features (no matter how optional) isn’t something I’d like to become a regular thing in Pokémon.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom