• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Pokemon Gen 8 (2019)

You haven't added anything at all to the discussion.
Okay... focusing on what you said...
Oh yeah, you know how Thunder Wave went from 100% to 90% accuracy?

Well they should make moves like that where if it's super effective, 100% accuracy, 1x, 95% accurate, uneffective 1/2 90%, etc.
Thunder Wave is a status move. All it does is inflict paralysis. It can't be super effective because it only inflicts a status and that's it.

Status moves being "super effective" is pointless because they don't deal damage.

Okay... focusing on what you said...

Thunder Wave is a status move. All it does is inflict paralysis. It can't be super effective because it only inflicts a status and that's it.

Status moves being "super effective" is pointless because they don't deal damage.
And similarly, when Thunder Wave is used on a Ground type, it has a 0% chance of paralysis. But no as "it's moved missed" but as "opponent is uneffected."

And similarly, when Thunder Wave is used on a Ground type, it has a 0% chance of paralysis. But no as "it's moved missed" but as "opponent is uneffected."
Because type immunity makes sense, but paralysis can't be super effective... either you're paralyzed or you're not, there's no x2 paralysis.

And why can't Thunder Wave work on a Ground type pokemon...? After all, you, well not you but the other person (SwiftGallade46), keeps arguing it's a status move.
Because it uses electricity to inflict paralysis? And it is a status move. All it does is inflict a status.

Okay, this is not the context we're talking about.

But this just goes to show, status moves can have types too.

So you guys knew my argument along. Why? Because you guys can't be that stupid. So why waste people's time? Waste my time, waste staff time reading.

This is what I mean by productive posts, but that's okay, I take the ban for you guys. I make that sacrifice.
No shit, status moves have types, but you're the one not understanding that status moves can't be super effective? There's no such thing as super effective status moves. They inflict a status and that is it. You can't x2 a status, you can't half a status. It either does or it does not take effect.

Thunder Wave is the only one to take type into consideration because it is the only one that really makes sense to. If electricity can't hit a Ground-type, why would it paralyze it?

For most of the other type-immune matchups, it just wouldn't make sense for them to be immune. Being a Ghost doesn't make a Ghost deaf, so it wouldn't be immune to a Normal-type status move like Sing. They're not immune to attraction either, so Attract still works. A Ghost can't be touched so Block shouldn't work, but Ghosts are already immune to being trapped anyway. Same goes for Steel-types already being immune to being poisoned. Being able to fly doesn't mean that you don't lose accuracy if you get sand thrown at you, so Flying isn't immune to Sand Attack despite it being Ground-type. Fighting has no status moves that can target Ghost, and Dragon has no status moves that can target Fairy.

There's just a general lack of status moves that can be used against an immune target that either wouldn't make sense for them to work or the target isn't already immune to the move's effect anyway.

I get what you're suggesting with increasing accuracy, but whether or not a target is effected by a move isn't what accuracy is. Accuracy is your ability to aim a move at the target.

After all, you, well not you but the other person (SwiftGallade46), keeps arguing it's a status move.

I don't think it needs any more emphasis on being hellish or demonic- it's just a mischievous imp. Its ability is probably Prankster.
One of 3. I think it looks poisonous. Poison jab. Prankster, Corrosion and Flashfire would be good.

___
I want Phantom Force and Shadow Corce to hit pokemon who are in Semiinvulnerable state. Like when you use phantom force and oponent dig , dive, fly after you then you hit him and stop their move beeing executed.

Ooh, the apricorn balls? It would be nice if they brought back apricorns- put them in the berry trees or something.

And heeeeck yes- if not a rehaul, then they could at least introduce a new form of shiny. Some new kind of alternate coloration. That would be great.
Weird that the apricorn balls didnt caused a pokemon to evolve diffrently or cause a evolution. Maybe in a future region? That you need to catch a pokemon in a special ball to cause its evolution. Branch evolutions.
------------
Stakeout should work like auto Pursuit.
Always finish attack before oponent switches out or tries to switch the user of Stakeout out with a move. Also the user of Stakeout should have a bonus when entering battle himself. When oponent tries to trap the Stakeout user also should work in battle. Would make it more interesting
------------------------
New ability: Outrapped- user is immune to binding and trapping moves. Sends them back to oponent and causes a trapped pokemon to get 1/8 damage every turn with dark magic energy. If oponent has a trapping ability then automatically it makes it trapped with it and deals the damage. Taking that. Dugdrio is ground, Gengar is ghost/poison, Gothitelle is psychic. A normal/dark or steel/dark monkey or racoon would be perfect when having magnet rise and speed above 122 to be faster then them.

Last edited:
Purple=/=Poisonous
Good argument to let it learn poison type moves actually and get corrosion against steel and poison types. Toxic, poison jab and cross poison? Toxic lick or poison type sound move?
------------------------------------
A bst 540 dragon/ice pokemon with large sp. Def and hp with perish song , multiple sound moves. Ice type shielding move that can frezee oponent by contact? Ability to freeze ice and fire type pokemon. New ice type status sound move that always freezes oponent and has 90% chance of hitting, Frozen Aria Ball?( bulletproof)

Ocean Rim- water type shielding move that confuses oponent after physical contact.

Frozen Fortress- shielding move that freezes after physical contact.

Cursed Cage- shielding move that traps oponent after getting hit. (Ghost )

Haunted Sphere- shielding move that disables last move of oponent for 3turns.

Sound Drain- dark type shielding sound move that drains 1/8 hp out of oponent after getting hit and disables oponent move for 3 turns. (The same negative effects like other draining moves, blocked by Heal Block, soundproof users are immune and can hit the target, phantom force can hit the user only if a soundproof user uses it)

Infernal Shield- shielding move that burns oponent after contact.

Last edited:
Weird that the apricorn balls didnt caused a pokemon to evolve diffrently or cause a evolution. Maybe in a future region? That you need to catch a pokemon in a special ball to cause its evolution. Branch evolutions.
Why would they cause a Pokémon to evolve differently? They're just pokeballs with different capture rates or effects upon capture. None of the other types of pokeballs influenced evolution so it isn't weird at all that apricorn pokeballs didn't.

Good argument to let it learn poison type moves actually and get corrosion against steel and poison types. Toxic, poison jab and cross poison? Toxic lick or poison type sound move?
Being purple isn't a good argument to have it learn poison-type moves. Being purple does not make a Pokémon poisonous, it just makes it purple.

So herein lies your argument. How does your argument contradict my argument?
Again, there is zero argument. Arguments are contradictions of opinions. As Techskylander posted proof of and Oriden has stated several times, the fact that Thunder Wave is classified as a Status move is just factually how it is classified by GameFreak themselves, and the fact that status moves don’t have effectiveness multipliers other than immunity is a fact established by GameFreak as well.

Again, there is zero argument. Arguments are contradictions of opinions. As Techskylander posted proof of and Oriden has stated several times, the fact that Thunder Wave is classified as a Status move is just factually how it is classified by GameFreak themselves, and the fact that status moves don’t have effectiveness multipliers other than immunity is a fact established by GameFreak as well.
I'm not trying to join any argument or change any opinions, but I think I understand what @NealIRC is trying to say is that similar to how being a ground type negates paralysis from thunder wave 100%, that similar chances should be made based on type matchups. Like, obviously a status move doesn't have any super-effective quality, but thunder wave IS an electric attack. And so, like trying to use it on a ground type has no effect, using it on, say, a grass type, would make it less likely to paralyze the target. I think they were using accuracy as the way to do that but in my opinion that wouldn't be the correct way to go about it?

Is that what you're getting at, Neal? Just trying to understand your side here :p

EDIT: oh, I don't see any of their posts. Must have bowed out of the conversation. Oh well.

I'm not trying to join any argument or change any opinions, but I think I understand what @NealIRC is trying to say is that similar to how being a ground type negates paralysis from thunder wave 100%, that similar chances should be made based on type matchups. Like, obviously a status move doesn't have any super-effective quality, but thunder wave IS an electric attack. And so, like trying to use it on a ground type has no effect, using it on, say, a grass type, would make it less likely to paralyze the target. I think they were using accuracy as the way to do that but in my opinion that wouldn't be the correct way to go about it?

Is that what you're getting at, Neal? Just trying to understand your side here :p

EDIT: oh, I don't see any of their posts. Must have bowed out of the conversation. Oh well.
Thank you for clarifying, this makes a lot more sense. I just wish they had said this in the first place instead of assuming I was being purposely obtuse...
Anyways, yeah I agree that accuracy probably wouldn’t be the best way to replace effectiveness mods on Status moves. I’m not even really convinced it’s necessary to account for it at all, but that’s just my personal opinion.

Thank you for clarifying, this makes a lot more sense. I just wish they had said this in the first place instead of assuming I was being purposely obtuse...
Anyways, yeah I agree that accuracy probably wouldn’t be the best way to replace effectiveness mods on Status moves. I’m not even really convinced it’s necessary to account for it at all, but that’s just my personal opinion.
I think that it would be needlessly complicated, as there are moves like Sing that shouldn't be affected by type effectiveness- because, like I said, being a Ghost doesn't make you deaf and Ghosts aren't otherwise immune to sleep, so why wouldn't it be effective? Same goes for Grass Whistle- just because it's being played on a leaf, a Fire-type would be less likely to be affected by it? Doesn't make any sense.

Status moves really aren't the same as just throwing an element at something- you can resist having an element thrown at you, but you can't just resist a status effect if its element has little to do with it. That's why Thunder Wave taking Ground-type immunity into consideration makes sense, because it's throwing its element at an opponent to achieve that status. A Ground-type can resist electricity, therefor it can resist the paralyzing effect of Thunder Wave. But no type resists sound, no matter how that sound is played.

It really does have to be a case-by-case basis with status moves anyway, type effectiveness can't be generally applied to them.

This reminds me of the fabled Sound typing...

Sound Type Hype y'all!

Why would they cause a Pokémon to evolve differently? They're just pokeballs with different capture rates or effects upon capture. None of the other types of pokeballs influenced evolution so it isn't weird at all that apricorn pokeballs didn't.

Being purple isn't a good argument to have it learn poison-type moves. Being purple does not make a Pokémon poisonous, it just makes it purple.
Demons are.

They are from apricorns maybe could work? Or pokeballs made of other materials? Like evolution stones.

Demons are.

They are from apricorns maybe could work? Or pokeballs made of other materials? Like evolution stones.
....demons can be poisonous but being a demon doesn't automatically make it poisonous. And in any case, it's Dark/Fairy so it wouldn't particularly benefit from a plethora of poison-type moves anyway. It could learn Toxic but almost every pokemon can learn Toxic.

Pokeballs made of evolution stones would be interesting but it really isn't needed when evolution stones already exist and don't need to be made less useful than they already are.

Speaking of- more stone evos could be nice. That's one of those concepts that is kind of a key part of the franchise and yet it nearly goes forgotten each gen. Granted, it's doing better than a lot of other things like Baby evos and Mega Evolution.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom