• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Pokemon Gen 8 (2019)

Dark/fairy? It needs poison moves against other fairies, against grass also would fit imps folkore. How many legends about imps did You read? I have lately red a lot about them. Their relation in different cultures.
-----------------------------------
Maybe a Invisibility ability will really be introduced this gen? Imps , fairies, ghost , other creatures would gain a lot. Even chameloens, squids, bugs. Would be cool a pokemon coming out and nobody knowing what it really is. Literally invisible(pokemon would need name change from trainer or the game would need to hide its ID). If more pokemon would have that then we would have fun. Its not like Illusion bc if one pokemon and type got invisible then everyone would know which one it is. Invisible till hit by a move that always hits the target, or till has own physical contact through move with oponent and could become again invisible after switched out-in.

Would Ditto be able to transform not seeing its oponent? Feeling it?

What moves sbould be able to hit it? Those who always hit? Weather like hail or sandstorm if the type is not immune to them? Earthquake , earthpower and magnitude if on ground? Gust, Heat wave if they use magnet rise or have flying typing? Some sound moves? Perish song, Disarming voice, Curse? Detect? Powders? Flash? Abilities like Illuminate causing them to become visible?

You would send a invisible pokemon in then You would only need to change its name that the oponent doesnt know what it is in reality. Would be better then Camouflage and Color Change and make better sense. Or maybe buff those with this? Or as seperate ability? I would introduce 4 or 5 one gen and then more next one. Some past gen like Kecleon, Mothim, Malamar, Octillery, Dusknoir, Impedimp, Stunfisk, parasect, other grass type??? and maybe a new dragon one should get it??? Interesting would be trapping oponent with invisible pokemon. Using u-turn and showing its identity or using return or teleport to switch.
---------------
Curse Soul- a ability that induces effect of Curse like Curse used by ghost type after beeing hit by oponents move. The user would not loose 50% hp. The rest the same. Should be for a weak ghost type to force oponents to switch out more often. We have Cursed Body what disables moves.

Last edited:
I need them to nerf Amie/Refresh a bit :/ The evasion buffs you get from maxing out the affection gauge make battles very unfair.

Last edited:
Again, there is zero argument. Arguments are contradictions of opinions. As Techskylander posted proof of and Oriden has stated several times, the fact that Thunder Wave is classified as a Status move is just factually how it is classified by GameFreak themselves, and the fact that status moves don’t have effectiveness multipliers other than immunity is a fact established by GameFreak as well.
What make Thunder Wave a status move is the base power is 0. Or a hyphen, still essentially a 0. Thunder Wave is still an electric attack.

And when your base power is 0, it ultimately makes no difference if it's super effective or resistant, but that doesn't mean it can't have an accuracy difference.

A 10-Tiered Pokémon Cake: The hero we didn't ask for and frankly didn't need, but the hero we got anyways.

What make Thunder Wave a status move is the base power is 0. Or a hyphen, still essentially a 0. Thunder Wave is still an electric attack.

And when your base power is 0, it ultimately makes no difference if it's super effective or resistant, but that doesn't mean it can't have an accuracy difference.
Yes, this concept was responded to in the last few posts of the previous page. I stated that I don’t think accuracy is a good way to account for type effectiveness in non-damaging moves and further I don’t really find it necessary to account for effectiveness in status moves anyway. Oriden made a few good rebuttals in their post as well.

Yes, this concept was responded to in the last few posts of the previous page. I stated that I don’t think accuracy is a good way to account for type effectiveness in non-damaging moves and further I don’t really find it necessary to account for effectiveness in status moves anyway. Oriden made a few good rebuttals in their post as well.
Back when Thunder Wave is 100% accuracy, when I envision a little Magmemite using Thunder Wave on a Venusaur, I thought it shouldn't have 100% accuracy.

But not that it is 90% accuracy, then I think when a Magnezone uses Thunder Wave on a Goldeen, should have higher accuracy.

However, another factor, besides elements, could be weight in comparison. And we already have attacks on this, like Heavy Slam.

Back when Thunder Wave is 100% accuracy, when I envision a little Magmemite using Thunder Wave on a Venusaur, I thought it shouldn't have 100% accuracy.

But not that it is 90% accuracy, then I think when a Magnezone uses Thunder Wave on a Goldeen, should have higher accuracy.

However, another factor, besides elements, could be weight in comparison. And we already have attacks on this, like Heavy Slam.
Ehh I just don’t really see how a Pokémon’s type would affect its ability to dodge an attack. And basing it on weight or speed would just be needlessly complicated imo. I don’t think there has to be some way to modify accuracy for all or most status moves.

Alcremie screams for fairy/ghost cake in G-max form.

Metal Sound getting damage dealing power, even 20, 30 or 40 would be cool actually with it's effect.

Flare boost the ability of our flying/ghost Drifblim should half fire type damage and activate not only during burn but when hit by a fire type move actually. And even when the user would use one in my opinion too.
Like Driftblim uses Heat Wave or Flame Charge.
(this ability should be given also to some steel, grass, electric and maybe dragon types even????)

Definitely seconding that one ^^. I felt as if the Gen 6 and 7 dex felt emptier compared to other Regional Dexes, so expanding on those lines will not only rebirth some new possibilities and beyond, but it could also justify bringing back some not-so-popular pokémon (I mean, look at what Sinnoh did. Sort of like that I suppose!)

Something I'd like is the ability to have more than one pokemon out in amie/refresh/whatever the swsh replacement is. I don't see it happening, but I really want to see my pokemon interact with each other...Also the ability for the pokemon to move around in it or the ability to turn the camera. I want to be able to pet more parts of my pokemon!

Pokémon Playdate. Now wouldn't that be extremely cute? Baby Pokémon will play with each other, whereas evolved adult Pokémon might interact like they naturally would! Aggrons would try to assert dominance, rhyhorns run around as the Gogoats skip to the beat. Wobbuffet just stands there silently while the Oricorios dance.

This would be great!

Something I'd like is the ability to have more than one pokemon out in amie/refresh/whatever the swsh replacement is. I don't see it happening, but I really want to see my pokemon interact with each other...Also the ability for the pokemon to move around in it or the ability to turn the camera. I want to be able to pet more parts of my pokemon!
Well, if Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance could do it with the Dream Eaters with a very similar mechanic, then I don’t see why Pokémon can’t as well.

Dynamax and Gigamax having different typing and abilities. Drednaw water/rock makes sense but Gigamax would deserve water/dragon looking so ancient and big.
G-max Corviknight looks like gale wings or a other ability then its regular form.

Their moves are great hope only it will last 3 turns like D-max.

If Blastoise or Venusaur would get those G-max forms then water/steel or water electric and grass/ghost for 3 turns would be cool.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom