• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Pokemon Gen 8 (2019)

I like how upon getting to the top of Mt. Lanakila in SuMo and the Indigo League in LGPE, there'd be a short, cute scene between the trainer and their starter if they were in the party. I hope something similar happens in SwSh. I've been liking how the recent games have been emphasizing the trainer and starter bond so I hope that continues here.

I like how upon getting to the top of Mt. Lanakila in SuMo and the Indigo League in LGPE, there'd be a short, cute scene between the trainer and their starter if they were in the party. I hope something similar happens in SwSh. I've been liking how the recent games have been emphasizing the trainer and starter bond so I hope that continues here.
Or they could use all those animations that forced them to cut pokemon out to let us bond with a pokemon other than our starter. =P I'll take a cute moment of me bonding with my favorite ducky Magmar in my future pokemon games.

Or they could use all those animations that forced them to cut pokemon out to let us bond with a pokemon other than our starter. =P I'll take a cute moment of me bonding with my favorite ducky Magmar in my future pokemon games.

Honestly, it would be great if we could have scene like that with the entire team. I'd personally love to see that, but the starter is always viewed in a more special light, so I don't see them doing it. We can hope tho.

A shielding move causing infautation? Heart Shield?
Weird that we have no sound move causing love? Arrow move?
Not many heart moves that use it.

A shielding move causing infautation? Heart Shield?
Weird that we have no sound move causing love? Arrow move?
Not many heart moves that use it.

Love's Guard // Status Normal Type Move
PP: 10 / Power: - / Accuracy: 100% / Priority: +3
Enables the user to evade all super effective attacks. If the user makes physical contact and is the opposite gender of the user, the target becomes infatuated.

Courting Call // Special Normal Type Move
PP: 25 / Power: 25 / Accuracy: 100% / Priority: 0
The user sounds a sweet cry. If the target is damaged and is the opposite gender of the user, the target may (30%) become infatuated.

Made this on the spot don't take it seriously I know nothing competitive

Love's Guard // Status Normal Type Move
PP: 10 / Power: - / Accuracy: 100% / Priority: +3
Enables the user to evade all super effective attacks. If the user makes physical contact and is the opposite gender of the user, the target becomes infatuated.

Courting Call // Special Normal Type Move
PP: 25 / Power: 25 / Accuracy: 100% / Priority: 0
The user sounds a sweet cry. If the target is damaged and is the opposite gender of the user, the target may (30%) become infatuated.

Made this on the spot don't take it seriously I know nothing competitive
Instead of Courting Call I would suggest Love Song. Shorter and less to explain to the kiddos.

New moves and abilities that would force the oponent to re-charge a turn. (loose a turn)
(could have lower or higher priority, similar like switching, disabling and flinching)

A new entry harazd that traps a pokemon immobilizes on turn and forces to re-charge on that turn.
(when entering battle- maybe slower pokemon could be immune, or a type... fairy, ghost, "ice", psychic, poison)

This would be very good for many slower pokemon.

(or buff some old ones too, reducing oponents speed in most cases isn't enough against sweepers)
____
Ways to remove or be immune to infestation and other binding moves? Defog it, burn it, shock it, acid armor, beak blast and so on.

Last edited:
Yes, please. Let Stealth Rock sleep. Let it lie and rest. It has done its job. Good night, sweet prince.

Stealth rocks... practically Bulletproof and Overcoat should protect from it. It's a bullet shape move that blast and hits like a hail or sandstorm when entering battle. If rock types would be immune to it and those with those abilities it would be enough.

Sticky Hold and other abilities not protect against it already taking it's character how it reminds sandstorm and bullets.

Stealth rock not being able to take more than 25% off the max HP should be done asap.

are You sure? how did you come with that?
with G-max Corviknight , Mega Ryquaza, Mega Charizards maybe it's better it's there.
Also our U-beast bug/fighting Pheromosa? Stealth Rocks... why not 50%? 40%? 33%?

Hmmm talking about bugs did someone watched monster bug wars?

Stealth Rocks... why not 50%? 40%? 33%?
Because any Pokémon currently having a weakness to rock becomes unviable due to a single move. It’s the most overcentralising move.
A team should not have to prepare for a single move. And have it destroy your Pokémon.

And all those Pokémon are not valid cases since Corviknight isn’t weak to stealth rock due to part steel and Megas don’t exist in this game.

The thing I'm sure of is Stealth Rock needs a nerf. It flat out makes any Pokemon 4x weak to stealth Rocks unusable. And before suggesting highly specific counters, not every Pokemon can be given a specific counter against a single move. And the move is broken if you need to create counters specifically for it.

Because any Pokémon currently having a weakness to rock becomes unviable due to a single move. It’s the most overcentralising move.
A team should not have to prepare for a single move. And have it destroy your Pokémon.

And all those Pokémon are not valid cases since Corviknight isn’t weak to stealth rock due to part steel and Megas don’t exist in this game.

The thing I'm sure of is Stealth Rock needs a nerf. It flat out makes any Pokemon 4x weak to stealth Rocks unusable. And before suggesting highly specific counters, not every Pokemon can be given a specific counter against a single move. And the move is broken if you need to create counters specifically for it.

ok you are right here but why not make damage like Sonic boom?
__
Seperate subject the move "Gravity".
Should block all flying type moves? including mega Ryquaza signature move and G-max Corviknights move?
This way a long time problem would be solved.

Also a Gravity engine ability to cause gravity like a weather would be cool.
___
Hope Teleport will in gen 8 allow you in battles to choose if you want to switch out the user or to switch out target.
Like a Parting shot and a roar in one for psychic types.
I like that they change it in Pokemon lets go Pikachu and as a Z-move but should be more in regular battles and not only in wild.
_

Hmmm now I want G-max forms with type and ability changes for some pokemon. Maybe this way pokemon like Torcoal, Luxray could get some sort of redemption.
Hope for Lapras with Soundproof or other new ability, water/dragon or ice/dragon but make it happen.

Last edited:
I think Ghost has enough immunities.
Crunch and bite becoming normal? After so many generations? Rather not but one new ghost with ability imnunity? Possible. Dark/ghost, fairy/ghost take neutral.
_
Move Powder reacts now to fire, electric and poison type moves.
___
Bug type Max moves realese always Powder during battle.

Crunch and bite becoming normal? After so many generations? Rather not but one new ghost with ability imnunity? Possible. Dark/ghost, fairy/ghost take neutral.
_
Move Powder reacts now to fire, electric and poison type moves.
___
Bug type Max moves realese always Powder during battle.
...what are you even going on about.

Ghost has two type immunities plus the immunity to trapping moves- it really doesn't need to be immune to Dark-type moves or to Crunch and Bite specifically.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom