• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Pokemon Gen 8 (2019)

Still bummed out that Gens 1-7 never produced any

Grass/Fire
Grass/Water
Grass/Electric
or Grass/Rock

pokemon. Except that there is a Water/Grass and Rock/Grass family and a mow Rotom. But what's so special about the above list... is that none of those type combos, have a 4x weakness. I think the other onlys that don't have a 4x weakness, are Grass/Poison and Grass/Ghost, and we have somewhat plenty of those.

I don't think they will all be filled this Gen but hopefully some.

And what's so great about the Grass types - they're 1 of only 2 elements, to resist Ground. The other being Bug. Generally Fire, Poison, Electric, Steel, are all nice to be paired with Grass to avoid that Earthquake weakness.

Some could be for future starters? Grass/electric and grass/rock. Some will be regional forms of old pokemon. Ludicolo, Maractus, Cacturne, and Sunflora could all be fire/grass in hot desert or vulvanic or Galar taking Sunflora. Those those learn water moves? Fire/grass would make them type wise better , they should be mostly slower... Still weak to poison and flying moves that their ofiginal forms learn.

Tropius is just an inferior version of Meganium. Sorry.

Still, boosts are good.

Tropius is just an inferior version of Meganium. Sorry.

Still, boosts are good.

Are you talking design-wise or battle-wise, because battle-wise it seems like Tropius actually has a slight edge over Meganium. Though, both Pokémon need a buff.

Are you talking design-wise or battle-wise, because battle-wise it seems like Tropius actually has a slight edge over Meganium. Though, both Pokémon need a buff.

Just meant that they're both in that Grass-type sauropod niche but Meganium is cuter and Tropius is forgettable and not very cute. Just my opinion.

Just meant that they're both in that Grass-type sauropod niche but Meganium is cuter and Tropius is forgettable and not very cute. Just my opinion.
After my playthrough of a bootleg Silver with Chikorita, I prefer Tropius. Chikorita was the reason I have only broken once my "only Water starters the first time" rule.

Um, since when does battle-wise mean between each other?

Battle-wise, Meganium has the edge. Better speed, better overall stats. No 4x weakness.

Regardless of if they fought each other.

That's 1 hell of a definition.

Um, since when does battle-wise mean between each other?

Battle-wise, Meganium has the edge. Better speed, better overall stats. No 4x weakness.

Regardless of if they fought each other.

That's 1 hell of a definition.

I didn’t mean against each other. Even though Meganium has better stats, it has worse abilities (Overgrow/Leaf Guard vs Chlorophyll/Harvest/Solar Power), no second typing so only Grass STAB, and a slightly shallower movepool. But both are pretty bad Grass types...

Yeeeeeah after Meganium, Tropius was like the second grass sauropod we never asked for. XD And the fact that it's Flying is just laughable.

Flying is nice but mega with dragon or Galar counterpart with European motiv? Rather mega.

Flying is nice but mega with dragon or Galar counterpart with European motiv? Rather mega.
You really didn't have to quote me since I basically said that Tropius being a Flying-type is a joke.

Not sure if you're referring to Meganium or Tropius getting a mega evo either but Dragon would be nice on either of them. Mega for Meganium and either-or for Tropius, though. I don't like the idea of starters getting regional variants and it feels less likely than legendaries getting them anyway.

You really didn't have to quote me since I basically said that Tropius being a Flying-type is a joke.

Not sure if you're referring to Meganium or Tropius getting a mega evo either but Dragon would be nice on either of them. Mega for Meganium and either-or for Tropius, though. I don't like the idea of starters getting regional variants and it feels less likely than legendaries getting them anyway.

Tropius. Flying isnt that bad when taking bugs , fighting and Garchomp. Its the best grass/flying till now. Tropius could be a candidate for a grass/fire type.

Okay not only are we lacking a beautiful, half red half green pokemon, we are also lacking a half blue half green, that's fully evolved pokemon.

The only half blue half green pokemon are Oddish and Lotad, so we could use 1 that's fully evolved.

Also hoping for abandoned castles in this Gen. We only seemingly had abandoned haunted houses (and only abandoned factories in the anime), here's hoping for abandoned castles like in Super Mario where wild pokemon roam.

Okay not only are we lacking a beautiful, half red half green pokemon, we are also lacking a half blue half green, that's fully evolved pokemon.

The only half blue half green pokemon are Oddish and Lotad, so we could use 1 that's fully evolved.
East Sea Gastrodon is sad.

The ability to have all 800+ of my Pokemon be able to transfer over.

Besides that, maybe voice acting? Maybe some insanely big and bold changes between each game (I know there's at least one gym that changes between versions, hopefully there's a bit more than that)? Maybe more than a handful of new Pokemon, and a few more memorable/unique Pokemon (last couple of gens have had way too many forgettable and/or disappointing new Pokemon)?

Oh, and better customization options for male trainers. Really would like more options besides plain shirt or PokeBall shirt please...

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom