• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Pokemon Gen 8 (2019)

Unless they're all dark skinned. I meant within the same game. X&Y were kinda closest, because they had black male and white female Rising Stars but I think there should be black AND white (and tan) female Rising Stars, to continue with that example.
I think that's more a general problem with RPGs, specially one with so many models as Pokémon. The closest thing to variety in that scale is in games with character creators, but they all look same-y.

I just hope the battles for this one would be easier and quicker than Sun and Moon. Or at least an option would be available, and the easiest option has the battles more straightforward with simple type machups like in the earlier Gens. I'm really thinking about using my Gen 5-6 Pokemon from the Bank or give up Sun and Moon altogether because of the unbalanced nature and the sluggish pace of 2-vs-1 battles in particular. Especially after the quick battles from Tokyo Mirage Sessions and that with the relatively easy level grinding from Persona 4 Golden and Pokemon XY. Just because I'm an adult doesn't mean I have the time to mess around with complicated gameplay.
I Would suggest esy battle and experience one. Some people like longer battles. I imsgine one where you can move like in harry potter with your pokemon.

What's so great about seasons? I find it an annoying feature in Black & White that makes you wait certain months to catch Pokémon and see aesthetics, and it doesn't even match the real time seasons!

I like the aesthetic changes and the implications of the passage of time, as well as the chances for seasonal forms, like Deerling & Sawsbuck. Someone in another thread mentioned wanting an ermine pokemon whose pelt changed with the seasons, which would be great to bring back the mechanic.

Matching the IRL seasons is something they could do, but seeing as most people aim to beat the game in days/weeks, you'd only see one season for the duration of your main playthrough. For me, that's not really a problem, but I could see others complaining, especially if there's a lack of post-game content.

I hope they do something about TMs and Move Tutor/Relearner locations.

I can't forget how frustrating it was when I evolved my Pikachu too early into Alolan Raichu (Moon version) and spent the rest of the game with a Raichu that didn't know Thunderbolt until I got to the Pokemon League.

For me, keeping anything related to Kanto out of the equation will make these games worth it. After all, we've had 6 out of 7 gens that either feature Kanto itself or have a lot of Kanto-related stuff, so for once I want GF to stop shoving the region, and its Mons, down our throats. It can be especially jarring when any Kanto-related stuff overshadows the region or its local Mons (Kalos and Johto especially come to mind). So, if GF can step away from anything Kanto-based and give us a game/gen that can be allowed to shine on its own, then I will be very grateful.

Megas for Johto starters water/dragon, grass/fairy and fire/steel. Regional Galar forms for Johto pokemon.

Can we get the return of Super Training? It's way more fun, convenient and accessible than than the crap they did with the Festival Plaza. Plus it'll at least give me something to do if the post-game is light again.

Another thing just came to mind: trainer rematches. Or at least a place to grind against other trainers like the Battle Chateau. That way, in case they keep the current EXP system, we can at LEAST find non-E4 trainers to battle against repeatedly to grind for EXP, cash, and possibly free items. ORAS did a good job on that regard, so I would like to see it return in Gen 8. I mean, with the Switch's power, it shouldn't be too difficult to allow trainer rematches outside of E4 and such, so it would make it very possible. That's something I'd really like to see return, as it would be a huge boon and incentive for more exciting battles.

I just want a Dark-type gym, that's all.

Also if they could maybe retcon some like Slowpoke evolve with Shellder like how Mantyke evolves with Remoraid, would be nice too. Or maybe pursue the Turban evo for Shellder altogether.

Also, more love for fairy moves. The only physical is Play Rough and there's not even hidden power for fairy. what the heck

Here's what I wanna see:
  1. Galaran Forms/Regional Varients
  2. Character Customization
  3. Friendly Rivals(Here's MY UNPOPULAR OPINION: Jerk rivals are severely Over-rated and Their Arrogance is severely Irritating)
  4. Different Skin tones
  5. An Area inspired by Loch Ness. . .
  6. Ability to Travel to Kalos. . .
  7. Day/Night Cycle

There is something that I would like to see changed in Gen 8. Affection should have an effect on Friendship. I mean, is there really that big of a difference? Can a Pokemon really be affectionate to you while still hating your guts? I find that little disconnection from reality very strange. While I know that, if they did retool affection to increase friendship, it could get abused quickly, especially with friendship evos, so my suggestion there is that for every heart of affection, the Pokemon get 10 extra friendship points. No more than that. That way it'll be a bit easier to raise friendship while making some logical sense in the process. Just a suggestion.

This is a weird want, and I know a lot of people won't be with me on this, but

I want a Minccino buff. Stats buff, new moves, even just giving it at least one of Cinncino's Skill Link-appropriate moves. I really like the Pokemon, and while I'm sure I can use it on its own the way it is (I went through multiple games Noibat, and it has worse stats), it'd be cool to see the little guy do better. My ideal set-up would be to give it Bullet Seed and Rock Blast, and buff its Attack and Speed by 10 points each. But as I said, I'll take anything - heck, it has some good Special moves at its disposal, so a buff in Sp. Atk would only help me.

EDIT: Actually, you know what? Recovery moves. Give it Recover. Flying types have Roost, Normal types should have Recover.

Last edited:
Third versions that aren't sequels or prequels should be DLC. That way they still can scam us while also making money. USM would be an entire waste of time if it wasn't for the competitive scene. I'm still baffled why Pokemon hasn't embraced DLC like every other Nintendo Franchise has.
Why can't the main character have a dad outside Hoenn?
We had a similar discussion on Smogon, and it might be a reference to parenting in Japan. In Japan, it is traditional for fathers to work very long hours- to the point that they barely spend anytime with their children. In my English class, we watched a documentary called Happy, in which a Japanese Father worked so much to the point that his kids didn't recognize him when he came home. In time, he had a stroke at work and passed away. Naturally, GF, being primarily Japanese, probably went under similar parenting, though probably not as extreme. I don't think its necessarily a good idea for the fathers to be missing, since I've learned at school that fathers are just as important for children as mothers are.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom