• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Pokemon Gen 8 (2019)

I said this a million times and a zillion times:

A U T O S O R T

I am going to be so disappointed if they don't have an auto-sort function for the PC pokemon box in Gen8. Assuming there's new pokemon, we're probably going to have around 900 pokemon in total. Perhaps nearly 1000 pokemon. There should be an auto-sort by national dex number at the very least.

I say it every generation, and I will keep saying it until the day I die:

In.Battle.Evolution.

I understand it would make the game a tad complicated, but it would be SO cool to have your pokémon evolve between turns at a critical moment, when all else seems lost, and then BOOM ! Monferno! or Sylveon! or anything!

Along those lines, experience being gained every turn, and not just when the opposing pokémon has been defeated. And of course, more experience if you land a critical hit, KO it, or resist a KO by holding on, etc. That would be amazing and would pair perfectly with in-battle evolutions :D

I say it every generation, and I will keep saying it until the day I die:

In.Battle.Evolution.

I understand it would make the game a tad complicated, but it would be SO cool to have your pokémon evolve between turns at a critical moment, when all else seems lost, and then BOOM ! Monferno! or Sylveon! or anything!

Along those lines, experience being gained every turn, and not just when the opposing pokémon has been defeated. And of course, more experience if you land a critical hit, KO it, or resist a KO by holding on, etc. That would be amazing and would pair perfectly with in-battle evolutions :D

That's actually a really cool idea and something that I hadn't thought of before. It would mean so much more if one of your team was to evolve at a crucial team in battle against a gym leader or something.

All my starter evolutions have been somehow at critical moments so I'd have loved in battle evolutions at those times!

My Cyndaquil evolved right at the last battle in sprout tower, for instance, and Chimchar evolved right after the gym battle which I lost... If Chimchar had evolved during the battle it’d seem more realistic.

I want something like PSS to return, specifically how it handled Wi-Fi. You could make adjustments right away without disconnecting. In Festival Plaza, you have to disconnect when you want to make adjustments. EVERYTIME. If they decide to bring Festival Plaza, please don't combine it with the communication features.

amiibo use.

Seriously, we've got like 11 Pokémon (5 currently unreleased), and they haven't gotten a single use in games outside of Super Smash Bros.. Oh sure, they can be used in Yoshi's Woolly World (which gets you a generic pattern) and Super Mario Maker (sprites without unique sound effects and music), but I'd like SOMETHING done with them. Even if it's something like adding a statue to your home, or unlocking amiibo-unique clothes for your character to brag to the world about.

Ooh, or better yet, scanning the upcoming Pokémon Trainer to unlock him to battle against, where he uses all three Pokémon from Super Smash Bros. along with their moves used.

1. Focus on this new land, it's people and it's monsters. Take whatever boner you have for Kanto (and heck even past regions as I'm getting some serious Sinnoh and lesser extent, Unova-vibes from this place) put it and bag and keep it in there. I'm here for a new beginning in an adventure in a brand new land. And if you ARE gonna be doing some rep lighting from the past, keep it EVEN.

2. Amiibo use. Like clothing/ PC pattern or some such. Nothing major.

3. PSS and DexNav bring these NECESSITIES back!

4. If you allow for optional clothing again then don't split colors based on version ever again!

That's really it for now. I'd love for Megas to come back but I don't see it happening. Oh and make the game worth it's price.

I thought of this yesterday already, but especially in light of the reveal... Please for the love of Arceus give us a better map than Gen 7 did. And I mean, the literal map, the item/feature. Rotom dex was detailed, but also hard to read? The stylised versions of previous gens were much more useful. I can't remember which ones exactly also gave a map of towns once you'd visited them, but that would definitely be useful. I'm not expecting a BotW sized overworld but judging by game footage it is fairly large

I just hope the battles for this one would be easier and quicker than Sun and Moon. Or at least an option would be available, and the easiest option has the battles more straightforward with simple type machups like in the earlier Gens. I'm really thinking about using my Gen 5-6 Pokemon from the Bank or give up Sun and Moon altogether because of the unbalanced nature and the sluggish pace of 2-vs-1 battles in particular. Especially after the quick battles from Tokyo Mirage Sessions and that with the relatively easy level grinding from Persona 4 Golden and Pokemon XY. Just because I'm an adult doesn't mean I have the time to mess around with complicated gameplay.

I modified a list I had made in the "dream game" thread to be more applicable to what I want out of Sword and Shield.

Character Creation
  • More hair colors, like we've been missing natural copper-red, but things like blue and pink would be nice, too.
  • More skin tones!
  • Character "nature" and "style" to determine character text and choices available. (I.e. a Rash Sporty character would have different choices than a Lax Bookish character.
  • Better/actual character expressions based on personality chosen. (This already seems improved upon, but we haven't seen much, so I'm skeptical)
  • Unlockable/DLC of existing character outfits with the chance of a random NPC mistaking you for or recognizing the basis of the outfit. ("Wow, you look just like a trainer I met from Sinnoh! He sure was an impatient guy!" while you're dressed like Barry, for example.)
Gameplay stuff

-Stay at home dad and/or secret champion mother
-More impactful choices (aka choices that actually somewhat matter and are not purely superficial dialogue. They don't even have to be major.)
-Bring back seasons
-Better weather system
-Either new/different pokeballs or bring back apricorns
-More diversity in terms of NPCs. Have trainer classes be able to be different ethnicities/skin tones. (Not all swimmers to be white and blonde, for example)

Pokemon
-More evos, prevos, and alternative/regional forms.
-Ample new pokemon
-Pokemon accessories or variations? Something to make your pokemon a little more unique. (Let's Go made your partner special, but what about your other team members?)
-Bring back the concept of super training. It doesn't have to be exactly the same, but to function similarly.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom