• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Pokemon Gen 8 (2019)

Well I kinda saw it as precedence here, that giving a regional variant a different name is more likely than breaking an Eviolite contradiction.
Eviolite is just an item, giving regional forms a different name makes no sense whatsoever.

Whoever suggested that they do not make regional formes not only restricted to Kanto: rejoice. There is hope for Galarian Formes to pull from every generation now that we see Gen 3 (Zigzagoon line) and Gen 1 (Weezing)!

With all that said and done, I sure hope we get Klink line Galarian Forme where it becomes teacup saucers, lol

I think these leaks are sayin Sir'fetchd is a regional variant, not an evolution, and hence different typing.

Sometimes even he did it if I remember past properly. Something else is amount of Pokemon and something else a game mechanic that involved 3 generations. You dont remove pokemon and forms Forever... One game can be like Alola Sun and Moon but there need to be crossovers in future.

Could get Galar Farfetch get a evolution? Hope like Weezing that farfetch stays like it is like Koffing.

Sometimes even he did it if I remember past properly. Something else is amount of Pokemon and something else a game mechanic that involved 3 generations. You dont remove pokemon and forms Forever... One game can be like Alola Sun and Moon but there need to be crossovers in future.

Could get Galar Farfetch get a evolution? Hope like Weezing that farfetch stays like it is like Koffing.
Koffing might have a galar-form. Although, if a Pokémon has a new evolution, it will probably only evolve from a Galar form to begin with.

In other words; a normal Farfetch'd wouldn't be able to evolve. A Galarian Farfetch'd would be able to evolve, though, like Galarian Zigzagoon. So, Koffing could theoretically stay normal.

Dont be serious. He joked probably.
He joked, and didn't laugh, and didn't clarify, and let everyone think that it was going to happen, and let news sources report on it, drawing criticism towards the games....Just because he thought it would be funny? And nobody told him to stop, even if it would affect the games?

That's way more over-interpreting than us believing that he was telling the truth.
Sometimes even he did it if I remember past properly.
Well, then you're gonna have to find a source for it.
Something else is amount of Pokemon and something else a game mechanic that involved 3 generations.
Mega Evolution has only been around for two generations. That's the same length as contests, and, surprise, we got those cut, too.
You dont remove pokemon and forms Forever...
Not forever, but permanently cut from SwSh.

I don't know what to wish for since regional evolutions have nothing to do with the original Pokemon. There may be a final surprise in the vein of the UBs, but I didn't like those and something tells me that it would involve permanent giants.

The biggest twist has been Dexit.

Koffing might have a galar-form. Although, if a Pokémon has a new evolution, it will probably only evolve from a Galar form to begin with.

In other words; a normal Farfetch'd wouldn't be able to evolve. A Galarian Farfetch'd would be able to evolve, though, like Galarian Zigzagoon. So, Koffing could theoretically stay normal.

If Galarian Zigzagoon can evolve? Dark/normal? Will Obstagon in a other region become normal/fighting? Hmmm some Galar formes could evolve from their regular forms I think? Would be interesting.

Interesting is the new Hamster pokemon. Interesting if other old pokemon could learn Aura wheel and change type? Imagine Dewgong ice/electric. Or others changing type to ghost or fairy in forms? Would make Darmanitar get a new form.

Weird that Hamster doesn't become part ghost when hungry

Last edited:
Whoever suggested that they do not make regional formes not only restricted to Kanto: rejoice. There is hope for Galarian Formes to pull from every generation now that we see Gen 3 (Zigzagoon line) and Gen 1 (Weezing)!

With all that said and done, I sure hope we get Klink line Galarian Forme where it becomes teacup saucers, lol
Then we can call Galar Weezing, Jellicent, Roserade, Lilligant, Serperior and Lickylicky and have an aristocratic tea meeting! Oh of course with Miltank for the milk and perhaps Slurpluff and Alcreamie for dessert. :whistle::p

Why would it become part ghost when hungry? The whole thing is that it gets angry when it's hungry so it turns Dark-type. You know, the sinister type? It doesn't die of hunger.

Ghost hamster would be cool too they could call it Overfeeded Soul when eating too much during battle. Maybe could get oposite ability in future.

Interesting if move and berries will affect this transformations like healing +type change. Then abilities and moves that steal and prevent eating berries would be better.

Now I hope for my powerfull sleeping beast that form changes during sleep status and becomes a Wishiwashi like Behemoth that changes back when awake. Could see many good typings and a type change here.

_
Galar Kingler , Crawdunt, water/steel or water/ghost

The idea of the water/ghost fish and ice/flying pokemon with the flying move to hit Dive users turns me on. Braviary and its flying type move should do that.

Hmmm Anchor Shot should hit Dive users too.

Last edited:
Ghost hamster would be cool too they could call it Overfeeded Soul when eating too much during battle. Maybe could get oposite ability in future.

Interesting if move and berries will affect this transformations like healing +type change. Then abilities and moves that steal and prevent eating berries would be better.

Now I hope for my powerfull sleeping beast that form changes during sleep status and becomes a Wishiwashi like Behemoth that changes back when awake. Could see many good typings and a type change here.

_
Galar Kingler , Crawdunt, water/steel or water/ghost

The idea of the water/ghost fish and ice/flying pokemon with the flying move to hit Dive users turns me on. Braviary and its flying type move should do that.

Hmmm Anchor Shot should hit Dive users too.
The whole ghost-type shtick is either about something possessed, out of a different realm or something "undead".

There are only a few exceptions that deal with something different; the somewhat ethereal and mystical nature of some animals; Decidueye and the Frillish line.

The whole ghost-type shtick is either about something possessed, out of a different realm or something "undead".

There are only a few exceptions that deal with something different; the somewhat ethereal and mystical nature of some animals; Decidueye and the Frillish line.

Pet semetary. A ghost hamster come on... Also usage in game would be great.
What if low on hp and spiritual powers awake? Mediums, shamans, druids, magicians, necromancers, frankenstein... You get it?

Pet semetary. A ghost hamster come on...
Pet Semetary wasn't even out when SwSh started development.
What if low on hp and spiritual powers awake? Mediums, shamans, druids, magicians, necromancers, frankenstein... You get it?
Frankenstein never had any spiritual powers.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom