• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Pokemon Gen 8 (2019)

Oh yea hoping for a bright red and green pokemon, we don't seem to have many of those. Preferably as a plant.

Lurantis is green and pink so not quite.

Pokemon with different colors then their type would suggest. Yeah.

Last edited:
I don’t think we have a stegosaurus Pokémon yet, and that’s sad. :cry:
I guess this would be the best place for me to mention this, but I think it would be pretty cool to get a stegosaurus pokemon that has obsidian spines, lava on it's back, and have a brown body. maybe breath some smoke and embers. learn ground rock and fire moves.
fire/rock?

I guess this would be the best place for me to mention this, but I think it would be pretty cool to get a stegosaurus pokemon that has obsidian spines, lava on it's back, and have a brown body. maybe breath some smoke and embers. learn ground rock and fire moves.
fire/rock?

That idea sounds awesome, ngl. If they ever do something like that, it’ll definitely be on my team.

I really hope our three rivals have unique, distinct personalities and are fleshed out. I feel the characterization of the four rivals in X and Y fell by the wayside and as a result, they were kind of bland and even a little forgettable.

Hop, Bede, and Marnie have a lot of potential to be interesting and complex characters, and they honestly have me excited to see how GameFreak will develop them, especially since they all seem to have very different personalities. Hopefully they'll be done justice.

Last edited:
I like the new switching item. Interesting if it works even if trapped?

Hope that Golisopod and its preevo abilities also got buffed and switch out by 50 % hp or are different between each other more. Its preevo could switch like that item. Interesting if they could allow it to switch out when under a binding move? Maybe even switch out even when under trapping a ability or move? And switch even with U-turn or Baton Pass then?

Gale wings needs it ability to work above 50% or 25%

Flinching doesnt work on Dynamax... Now we need disabling and re-charging more then ever. Cursed body, perish song.

Anyways in light of the Eviolite, no more evos for pokemon anymore.

So I'd like to see Golurk and Wailord get stats boost.

Golurk is eclipsed by Machamp in everything, that there is nothing Golurk is better stat-wise than Machamp. I'd like to see his Def and SpD get buffed.

Wailord's Def and SpD both 45, which is the same as Alakazam's Def. That means Pyukumuku can take hits better than Wailord and it's only a 1 foot sea cucumber. It'd be nice if they increased Wailord's bst to 540, so maybe a +20 for Def and SpD, as with Golurk.

Maybe Trevenant can get a stat boost too.

I'd like to have more things to do in the post-game aside from just having a battle tower/maison. Something like contests, the Pokeathlon, or even Pokestar Studios would be great. Even if they don't put in a whole Battle Frontier, having just one non-standard battle facility too alongside SwSh's Battle tower equivalent would make it at least a bit more interesting than what we've had for the past few games.

Some dual-type signature moves along the lines of Flying Press might be cool to see as well. I'd hate to see that idea used only once and never again.

I'd like to have more things to do in the post-game aside from just having a battle tower/maison. Something like contests, the Pokeathlon, or even Pokestar Studios would be great. Even if they don't put in a whole Battle Frontier, having just one non-standard battle facility too alongside SwSh's Battle tower equivalent would make it at least a bit more interesting than what we've had for the past few games.

Some dual-type signature moves along the lines of Flying Press might be cool to see as well. I'd hate to see that idea used only once and never again.

Black lightning? Dark/electric? Hot Acid? Fire/poison? Magnet bomb? Electric/steel? Some old could be redone. All the wind moves should be dual type moves actually...

Ways to trap ghosts and switchers. Or to damage them when they escape or the next poke after them too.

I want that Magma armor, overcoat, liquid oze, run away to protect users from stealth rocks and other current entry hazards.

I want that Magma armor, overcoat, liquid oze, run away to protect users from stealth rocks and other current entry hazards.

I don’t think Run Away should give immunity to entry hazards as I don’t see a logical justification for that, but it should definitely get a buff. Perhaps Run Away’s effect could also apply to switching out and grant immunity to Pursuit if the Pokémon is attacked when switching out, the idea being that said Pokémon runs away too fast for the pursuer to catch them.

I don’t think Run Away should give immunity to entry hazards as I don’t see a logical justification for that, but it should definitely get a buff. Perhaps Run Away’s effect could also apply to switching out and grant immunity to Pursuit if the Pokémon is attacked when switching out, the idea being that said Pokémon runs away too fast for the pursuer to catch them.
Yeah I agree, I never understood why Run Away doesn’t just grant the user immunity to being trapped like the Ghost-type.

Still bummed out that Gens 1-7 never produced any

Grass/Fire
Grass/Water
Grass/Electric
or Grass/Rock

pokemon. Except that there is a Water/Grass and Rock/Grass family and a mow Rotom. But what's so special about the above list... is that none of those type combos, have a 4x weakness. I think the other onlys that don't have a 4x weakness, are Grass/Poison and Grass/Ghost, and we have somewhat plenty of those.

I don't think they will all be filled this Gen but hopefully some.

And what's so great about the Grass types - they're 1 of only 2 elements, to resist Ground. The other being Bug. Generally Fire, Poison, Electric, Steel, are all nice to be paired with Grass to avoid that Earthquake weakness.

Still bummed out that Gens 1-7 never produced any

Grass/Fire
Grass/Water
Grass/Electric
or Grass/Rock

pokemon. Except that there is a Water/Grass and Rock/Grass family and a mow Rotom. But what's so special about the above list... is that none of those type combos, have a 4x weakness. I think the other onlys that don't have a 4x weakness, are Grass/Poison and Grass/Ghost, and we have somewhat plenty of those.

I don't think they will all be filled this Gen but hopefully some.

And what's so great about the Grass types - they're 1 of only 2 elements, to resist Ground. The other being Bug. Generally Fire, Poison, Electric, Steel, are all nice to be paired with Grass to avoid that Earthquake weakness.
Water/Grass and Rock/Grass are the same thing, though? The order doesn't really matter.

Water/Grass and Rock/Grass are the same thing, though? The order doesn't really matter.
Though I do think some double-elemented pokemon should have their orders reversed.

I'd like to see Celebi as Grass/Psychic (assuming it's an onion or celery) and Victini as Fire/Psychic.

Or, change Jirachi to Psychic/Steel. And now they're all aligned. Makes you wonder if GF actually put some thought in that, or just kind of let it happen.

Marshadow was probably better off as Ghost/Fighting but meh.

That'd be interesting if they brought a regional variant of a pokemon that's element order was reversed, but looked the same, and gave that pokemon an evolution. Then give a time-capsule to change that just so they could evolve. XD.

I'd like to see Friend Safari again. It was very usefull to get Hidden Abilities and decent pokémon (if I'm not mistaken, babies ones got 3 perfects IV).

My problem with Friend Safari was that too efficient to the point where the entire region of Kalos was made completely irrelevant as a source of catching Pokemon.

My problem with Friend Safari was that too efficient to the point where the entire region of Kalos was made completely irrelevant as a source of catching Pokemon.

Indeed, but some pokémon weren't in Friend Safari, like Clauncher and Skrelp, so "completely" is not good word to describe it. And Friend Safari was only acessible in the post game. I think that Friend Safari was usefull only for competitive players.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom