• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Sun and Moon

1. Trainer customization (Give us not-so-short shorts, parkas, sweaters, hoodies, everything!)
2. Pokemon following you around
3. A dark type gym
4. Gym leader rematches
5. More new pokemon (why no hummingbird pokemon?!)
6. A tropical region
Because hoenn isn't "tropical" enough ?

And they could change pattern " forest in the begin" and put one in the end or middle of the game. Why not?
well there have been some later forests. Pinwheel Forest (in BW2) and Lostlorn Forest in Unova are both more distant than the typical early game forests, and Route 20 in Kalos is an optional, nearly end-game route.

as for why not, it's a matter of balance. it's why you're not likely to see a Dragon-type gym leader appear first and a Normal-type Elite Four member: they run the chance of either being too difficult (Dragon) or simply a push-over (Normal). that's not to say it can't or won't be done, it's simply too much of a high-risk, low-reward scenario.

About the forests, BW come to mind after I wrote this. This shows that is not so impossible to change the order. :-D
And I do not listed dragon on purpose, because I agree with you and think that this particular type at the beginning would be very strange.
About the others I disagree. There's already a poison later gym. Normal in the end would not be a bad idea. It's are a very good and versatile type. A lot could be done.
But maybe I have not expressed myself well. I listed ice, steel and fire (or fairy) in the begining, but it did not mean that necessarily needs to be in that order, and all in the same game, which would be too over the top. In that case again, I agree that would be difficult to balance.
I was just ilustrating random types that would go well in certain scenarios, I dont think it's impossible.

Hopefully it's a jungle or a rainforest instead. Gives us something different to explore. :)
that'd be cool, but i think it'd be a bit too difficult to convey short of doing a Glittering Cave-style of navigation.

If they could make Castelia City seem almost 3D on the DS, they can surely do much more with the 3DS. They have barely scratched the surface of the potential of the 3DS.

I was just ilustrating random types that would go well in certain scenarios, I dont think it's impossible.
i never said it was impossible; i simply said it was too high-risk and too low-reward to bother with for the most part.

If they could make Castelia City seem almost 3D on the DS, they can surely do much more with the 3DS. They have barely scratched the surface of the potential of the 3DS.
ok? but that's not what i'm trying to say. designing any kind of rainforest (either temperate or tropical) is difficult because of the signifiers associated with rainforests/jungles. Route 119 in Hoenn is called a tropical rainforest by the game, yet it looks nothing like one. not only is it visually confusing (why is there so much open space?), but in terms of biodiversity as well it is lacking. as far as i'm concerned, the only way for GameFreak to adequately convey jungle in a game would be through a technique similar to the first floor of Glittering Cave where your movement options are limited and your point of view is altered slightly to obscure some vision.

Last edited:
i never said it was impossible; i simply said it was too high-risk and too low-reward to bother with for the most part.

ok? but that's not what i'm trying to say. designing any kind of rainforest (either temperate or tropical) is difficult because of the signifiers associated with rainforests/jungles. Route 119 in Hoenn is called a tropical rainforest by the game, yet it looks nothing like one. not only is it visually confusing (why is there so much open space?), but in terms of biodiversity as well it is lacking. as far as i'm concerned, the only way for GameFreak to adequately convey jungle in a game would be through a technique similar to the first floor of Glittering Cave where your movement options are limited and your point of view is altered slightly to obscure some vision.

What I meant, is that anything is possible. If anyone can pull it off, they can. They focused so much on XY's graphics. What's one jungle to them?

Diamond/Pearl remakes with stuff from Platinum. Story is the original Diamond/Pearl story but with a difference: Dialga/Palkia have new forms called Temporal/Spatial Forms. At the Spear Pillar, Dialga/Palkia turn into these forms when Cyrus gives them their respective orb for more power. In that form, they can't be caught and must be defeated like Black/White Kyurem of B2W2.

You can catch Dialga, Palkia and Giratina after the Episode Original One is completed. They are all level 70.
Arceus in now obtainable without event since it is involved in the Episode. It is at level 80.
Arceus changes form when having the move Original Attack which is a new move.
Original Attack does 150 damage, has 5 pp and 100 Accuracy. Like Judgement, it's type varies with plate.
Old woman in Celestic Town would teach Arceus Original Attack or it is added to move set.
Post game with Heatran and Charon return in the remakes. Heatran is level 60.
House with gym leader and stat trainer rematches return but you get to summon any of them at your choosing without restrictions.
Battle Frontier, Battle Maison or some other battle facility would be in the game.
Safari Zone is set up the same way as ORAS safari zone with no step limit or safari balls.
Another post game event called Episode Nightmare is Darkrai and Cresselia. This is unlocked as soon as you enter Canalave City after Episode Original one is completed.
Darkrai is obtainable during the Episode Nightmare. It is level 50.
Mesprit and Cresselia are stationary and no longer roamers.
A Manaphy egg is found in the game after Episode Original One is complete. It is at the daycare centre where the daycare man had discovered it there for unknown reason.
Shaymin is obtainable after Episode Original One is completed. It is level 50.
Regirock, Regice and Registeel are in the game. All level 40.
Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres return. All level 60. Articuno is in route 217, Zapdos at Fuego Ironworks and Moltres at Victory Road.
The place to change Rotom's forms is available.

A new post game called Episode Original One which involves the distortion world, Giratina, both mascots and Arceus. After the credits, Cynthia will visit you at your house and tells you of a distortion at Spear Pillar. You go to investigate, heading up to Spear Pillar and discover Cyrus back with a vengeance. Unhappy about his first plan being foiled, he had found the other orb and uses it to summon the other mascot Palkia/Dialga. Your version mascot shows up to stop Cyrus but the other mascot gets enraged, thinking it is trying to invade it's spatial/time dimension and attacks. Cyrus can not longer control the other pokemon and the two take on their forms. Suddenly, a portal to the distortion world opens up and everyone is pulled inside. Inside the distortion world, Giratina shows up and starts fighting with Dialga and Palkia as it had sensed a disturbance at the Spear Pillar and it's world had gotten polluted from toxic gas from the battle at Spear Pillar. Giratina is overpowered at first but it uses it's orb that it is holding to transform into it's Distortion form (not origin form, you can choose which form it would take when you catch it and hand over the orb to it). All three are now fighting and the fighting is starting to created distortions in the real world. Cynthia shows up and tells you that only one can stop them: Arceus! She gives you the Azure Flute and she helps you to another portal back to Spear Pillar. You head to the area where you use the flute to make stairs appear and you climb on top. You walk over to Arceus and it awakens from it's slumber. Sensing the danger to the real world, Arceus takes off and you follow it back to the distortion world. From there, a third cut scene of the three dragons fighting is shown (First cut scene was when Dialga/Palkia attacks Palkia/Dialga and second cut scene is when all three fight when you first appeared in distortion world) and Arceus comes through a portal of it's own. Knowing that the three dragons are in their new forms, Arceus reveals it true form which is called The Alpha Form and uses it power to stop Dialga, Palkia and Giratina in their tracks. The force of Arceus's power makes the orbs of each dragon fall off and they all retreat. Looker suddenly arrives afterward, having been called by Cynthia and Cyrus is arrested. Arceus takes one look at you before heading back to Spear Pillar. Cynthia thanks you for all you done and you return home.

Episode Nightmare: When you enter Canalave City, you discover that a lot of the residents are asleep and having nightmares. Only the nurse of the pokemon center, shopkeepers of Pokemart, the Sailor and his wife remained awake. When you enter the sailor's house, he tells you the town has fallen victim to a pokemon name Darkrai and he needs your help to save the town. He tells you of a pokemon name Cresselia and it has the power to defeat Darkrai and end nightmares. However, Cresselia does not show itself to just anyone and it requires a trainer to do so. You are taken on to the boat where you head to Fullmoon Island and you head off to find Cresselia. At first you find an empty space but Cresselia appears seconds later and it can sense Darkrai's influence over Canalave City. It flies off and the sailor comes to tell you that both of you should follow it. You head back to the boat and follow Cresselia to Newmoon Island. When you reach the place, you see a cut scene of Cresselia and Darkrai having a battle. Darkrai manages to overcome Cresselia and it turns it's attention to you. You then go talk to it in order to battle it. After catching/defeating it, the people of Canalave City awaken from the sleep and the sailor is grateful. Cresselia returns to Fullmoon Island and the sailor guesses that it awaits your next visit.

Last edited:
Diamond/Pearl remakes with stuff from Platinum. Story is the original Diamond/Pearl story but with a difference: Dialga/Palkia have new forms called Temporal/Spatial Forms. At the Spear Pillar, Dialga/Palkia turn into these forms when Cyrus gives them their respective orb for more power. In that form, they can't be caught and must be defeated like Black/White Kyurem of B2W2.

You can catch Dialga, Palkia and Giratina after the Episode Original One is completed. They are all level 70.
Arceus in now obtainable without event since it is involved in the Episode. It is at level 80.
When you exit your house after the Episode is completed, Cynthia again appears and hands over to a new item that she discovered called The Original Orb (for Arceus).
House with gym leader and stat trainer rematches return but you get to summon any of them at your choosing without restrictions.
Battle Frontier, Battle Maison or some other battle facility would be in the game.
Safari Zone is set up the same way as ORAS safari zone with no step limit or safari balls.
Another post game event called Episode Nightmare is Darkrai and Cresselia. This is unlocked as soon as you enter Canalave City after Episode Original one is completed.
A Manaphy egg is found in the game after Episode Original One is complete. It is at the daycare centre where the daycare man had discovered it there for unknown reason.

A new post game called Episode Original One which involves the distortion world, Giratina, both mascots and Arceus. After the credits, Cynthia will visit you at your house and tells you of a distortion at Spear Pillar. You go to investigate, heading up to Spear Pillar and discover Cyrus back with a vengeance. Unhappy about his first plan being foiled, he had found the other orb and uses it to summon the other mascot Palkia/Dialga. Your version mascot shows up to stop Cyrus but the other mascot gets enraged, thinking it is trying to invade it's spatial/time dimension and attacks. Cyrus can not longer control the other pokemon and the two take on their forms. Suddenly, a portal to the distortion world opens up and everyone is pulled inside. Inside the distortion world, Giratina shows up and starts fighting with Dialga and Palkia as it had sensed a disturbance at the Spear Pillar and it's world had gotten polluted from toxic gas from the battle at Spear Pillar. Giratina is overpowered at first but it uses it's orb that it is holding to transform into it's Distortion form (not origin form, you can choose which form it would take when you catch it and hand over the orb to it). All three are now fighting and the fighting is starting to created distortions in the real world. Cynthia shows up and tells you that only one can stop them: Arceus! She gives you the Azure Flute and she helps you to another portal back to Spear Pillar. You head to the area where you use the flute to make stairs appear and you climb on top. You walk over to Arceus and it awakens from it's slumber. Sensing the danger to the real world, Arceus takes off and you follow it back to the distortion world. From there, a third cut scene of the three dragons fighting is shown (First cut scene was when Dialga/Palkia attacks Palkia/Dialga and second cut scene is when all three fight when you first appeared in distortion world) and Arceus comes through a portal of it's own. Knowing that the three dragons are in their new forms, Arceus reveals it true form which is called The Alpha Form and uses it power to stop Dialga, Palkia and Giratina in their tracks. The force of Arceus's power makes the orbs of each dragon fall off and they all retreat. Looker suddenly arrives afterward, having been called by Cynthia and Cyrus is arrested. Arceus takes one look at you before heading back to Spear Pillar. Cynthia thanks you for all you done and you return home.

Episode Nightmare: When you enter Canalave City, you discover that a lot of the residents are asleep and having nightmares. Only the nurse of the pokemon center, shopkeepers of Pokemart, the Sailor and his wife remained awake. When you enter the sailor's house, he tells you the town has fallen victim to a pokemon name Darkrai and he needs your help to save the town. He tells you of a pokemon name Cresselia and it has the power to defeat Darkrai and end nightmares. However, Cresselia does not show itself to just anyone and it requires a trainer to do so. You are taken on to the boat where you head to Fullmoon Island and you head off to find Cresselia. At first you find an empty space but Cresselia appears seconds later and it can sense Darkrai's influence over Canalave City. It flies off and the sailor comes to tell you that both of you should follow it. You head back to the boat and follow Cresselia to Newmoon Island. When you reach the place, you see a cut scene of Cresselia and Darkrai having a battle. Darkrai manages to overcome Cresselia and it turns it's attention to you. You then go talk to it in order to battle it. After catching/defeating it, the people of Canalave City awaken from the sleep and the sailor is grateful. Cresselia returns to Fullmoon Island and the sailor guesses that it awaits your next visit.

I really like this, but how will Arceus' new form use the plates or change his type. Alpha Form is very good, but Arceus' main feature is his plates. How do you think that they will be included and what would Alpha Arceus' ability be?

If GF decides to keep Soaring in some shape or another (I can dream) I'd love if you could "see" weather from the sky. Like gray clouds over where it's raining, or snowing, or dust in the air over a sandstorm, etc.

These could be fun to fly through (maybe temporarily obscuring vision), and could be helpful if you're waiting for special weather to start in a certain route (like to evolve Sliggoo).

Even weather you only can see in the sky would be fun! Like a pretty aurora at night, or a gust of wind that temporarily blows you off-course.

I really like this, but how will Arceus' new form use the plates or change his type. Alpha Form is very good, but Arceus' main feature is his plates. How do you think that they will be included and what would Alpha Arceus' ability be?

I fixed it. It changes form by having the new move Original Attack. It can be taught/re-learned by old woman at Celestic Town or it is added to move set of Arceus.

Arceus changes form when having the move Original Attack which is a new move.
Original Attack does 150 damage, has 5 pp and 100 Accuracy. Like Judgement, it's type varies with plate.
Old woman in Celestic Town would teach Arceus Original Attack or it is added to move set.
Regirock, Regice and Registeel are in the game. All level 40.
Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres return. All level 60. Articuno is in route 217, Zapdos at Fuego Ironworks and Moltres at Victory Road.
The place to change Rotom's forms is available.

I'd like to see all of those story arcs, but I doubt they'll all happen. It's a lot to include in one game and they'll probably want to save something for events. They'll probably have Arceus, maybe Darkrai too if we're lucky, but I don't think Shaymin and Manaphy will be obtainable. I think instead the legendary list will look more like this:

-Dialga/Palkia: Caught at Spear Pillar at the end of the main storyline.
-Giratina: Caught in the Distortion World in Episode Original One
-Arceus: Caught in Beginning Dimension in Episode Original One
-Uxie: Runner after freeing it from Galactic HQ, settles in Acuity Cavern
-Mesprit: Runner after freeing it from Galactic HQ, settles in Verity Cavern
-Azelf: Runner after freeing it from Galactic HQ, settles in Valor Cavern
-Heatran: Stark Mountain
-Regirock: Found in Rock Peak Ruins after beating the Elite 4
-Regice: Found in Iceberg Ruins after beating the Elite 4
-Registeel: Found in Iron Head Ruins after beating the Elite 4
-Regigigas: Found in Snowpoint Temple when you bring Regirock, Regice, and Registeel
-Cresselia: Full Moon Island
-Darkrai: New Moon Island
-Articuno: Runner, settles on Rt. 216
-Zapdos: Runner, settles on Rt. 205
-Moltres: Runner, settles on Rt. 227
-Reshiram/Zekrom: Bring the Light/Dark Orb to Celestic Town
-Kyurem: Mt. Coronet

Maybe a few extra legendaries too, but I can't think of any other good fits.

Last edited:

I fixed it. It changes form by having the new move Original Attack. It can be taught/re-learned by old woman at Celestic Town or it is added to move set of Arceus.

Cool. Another signature move other than Judgement. What does Original Attack do? Super-effective against all types with 120 power?

I hope they only introduce 50 or so new Pokémon in Gen 7. We have far too many Pokémon already, there's no need for introducing 100~150 each new generation.

The return of challenge mode and character customization would please me, too.

I hope that they continue with giving us event Legendaries in future games like Deoxys in ORAS. But not all, so they can still get people to come out of the house for events.

Cool. Another signature move other than Judgement. What does Original Attack do? Super-effective against all types with 120 power?

It's type is based on what plate it is and does 150 damage with 100 accuracy and 5 pp. It seems a bit OP but I want Arceus to have something that would truly regain the strongest pokemon title.

Wow! Sounds like an amazing pair of remakes! But I don't see Sinnoh remakes happening at least until 2020, in Generation 8, on the next handheld. Generation 7 will be a short generation, 2017 - 2018. 2019 will see the start of Gen8.

I'd like to see a tournament like that in the anime. A conference before a league would be amazing. You could have more than one rival and some friends travelling with you. It could still be part of a great Gen 4 remake. Having partners follow you around and heaps of rivals in a huge tournament would me awesome. Bring back the Pokémon following you too.

biggest wish for gen VII: for it to not exist

the entire generation system is apeshit ridiculous, there is absolutely no reason to continue it. All it does it put over emphasis on new pokemon, new region, new villainous team, etc, and we end up getting the garbage we've been getting. Scrap the generation system and introduce new pokemon in some other format. Maybe we get like seven new pokemon per main series game, don't see why that wouldn't work.

before you say "but neosquid, that would require always having the newest main series game in order to have all the pokemon". That would be true, but you know, this is 2015 and DLC has been a thing for a while.

this would also make for a more interesting metagame, because it would be very frequently changing. Not that there's any huge issues with the current meta, especially with new megas shaking things up each main series game. Actually, that's a pretty similar concept to what I'm describing. Maybe gamefreak's finally fucking learning?

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom