• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Sun and Moon

My "beef" is all about the spirit of Pokémon.

What is the point of taking away all the excitement we have to meet new Pokémon when a new generation comes up?

you act like the generation system is somehow crucial to hype, as if nobody ever hyped over non pokemon games

What is the point of playing same Pokémon, same teams, same moves in all games?

sir, there happen to be over 700 pokemon. If you're using the same exact team and moves in each game, that would be your own fault. Besides, I never suggested a complete hault to new pokemon. Maybe seven per game isn't enough, don't care if people disagree with that, but I never once suggested pokemon stop being introduced.

What is the point of destroying all the chances of new mythoses with new legendaries?

> implying that legendary pokemon mythology is handled well and was ever handled well in the first place

What is the point of wasting all new bright ideas of Pokémon?

wut

I can't see any rational reason to apply what you said as "not creating new Pokémon anymore because we have enough already".

see my response above

it's almost as if you read the first sentence of my post, assumed that I was a new gen hating pleb, and proceeded to respond without actually reading the rest of it. It just so happens that I prefer the newer generations of pokemon, as far as the pokemon themselves go. My problem is with the generation system putting over emphasis on new pokemon, new region, and all that jazz, and gives gamefreak an excuse to not put their best effort into the games, instead treating them merely as some gigantic cash cow and repeating the same formula over and over again. Before responding again please do actually read my original post. Thanks.

Please no. I would not like DLC very much. I am typing this on my BlackBerry. I don't have Internet here, so DLC would totally be a bummer.

Please no. I would not like DLC very much. I am typing this on my BlackBerry. I don't have Internet here, so DLC would totally be a bummer.

well, I meant free DLC

it's not like it would be a super frequent thing, there would just be a new update each time a main series game came out, doubt it would take long to download either

well, I meant free DLC

it's not like it would be a super frequent thing, there would just be a new update each time a main series game came out, doubt it would take long to download either

Even though it would be free, it would still be bad. I hate DLC at the moment very much.

I would like them to finally break the concept of new region equals new generation. It would be fun to see two neighbouring or nearby regions in the first games of Gen7. Maybe possibly one region of Australia and the other one of New Zealand.

DLC is fine so long as it is done well (ie. GameFreak doesn't use it to essentially "complete" the game).

DLC is a bad idea end of story. I don't want the pokemon games to rely on such an awful concept. DLC can go to non-pokemon games.

I would like them to finally break the concept of new region equals new generation. It would be fun to see two neighbouring or nearby regions in the first games of Gen7. Maybe possibly one region of Australia and the other one of New Zealand.

I rather they just have an Australian based region. It would be bigger and has no need for NZ. I don't want a New Zealand based region in the pokemon games.

DLC is a bad idea end of story. I don't want the pokemon games to rely on such an awful concept. DLC can go to non-pokemon games.

I rather they just have an Australian based region. It would be bigger and has no need for NZ. I don't want a New Zealand based region in the pokemon games.

I find one region, no matter how big, very boring to explore. There is only so many locations. Two regions will have many more locations to explore and much more diversity.

DLC isn't inherently bad. it's largely bad because devs have been using it as an excuse to have features that should've been preexisting removed. so long as it is fairly priced and not required to get the full experience of a game, i have no qualms with it. Fire Emblem has done a really good job managing DLC and i think GameFreak could do it too (if they wanted).

@RainbowLifeAndLove: except two regions doesn't make the game much bigger. Kanto-Johto as a combined region is only marginally larger than most of the regions and individually the two are significantly smaller than every main series region. not to mention it comes with a whole other host of problems such as poor level scaling and a general difficulty in making the regions seem like their own "place" not completely dependent on each other.

Two NEW regions... In the same game. That would be an awesome thing for Gen7.

Instead, they would make one region in two parts if they wanted such a thing as you said. Two regions at once would never, never ever happen.

Johto and Kanto. Gen 2 and their remakes.

Granted, Kanto was a reused region but it was still an entire new region to explore once the league was finished.

Two NEW regions... In the same game. That would be an awesome thing for Gen7.

Instead, they would make one region in two parts if they wanted such a thing as you said. Two regions at once would never, never ever happen.

Johto and Kanto. Gen 2 and their remakes.

Granted, Kanto was a reused region but it was still an entire new region to explore once the league was finished.

It is not my point. I was talking about two whole new regions.

Wasn't the way you phrased it :)

I disagree. I think two new generations in a single game is possible... though probably more likely as DLC.

Like @godiego; said, two regions doesn't really increase the content (it just divides the same content in two) and invites a whole host of other issues, I'd rather not see two regions in one game again. In fact, I want to see them undo the damage they've done to Kanto and Johto with the two region system at some point.

Just out of curiosity, why you don't want a New Zealand region?

i never said it was impossible; i simply said it was too high-risk and too low-reward to bother with for the most part.

If they could make Castelia City seem almost 3D on the DS, they can surely do much more with the 3DS. They have barely scratched the surface of the potential of the 3DS.
ok? but that's not what i'm trying to say. designing any kind of rainforest (either temperate or tropical) is difficult because of the signifiers associated with rainforests/jungles. Route 119 in Hoenn is called a tropical rainforest by the game, yet it looks nothing like one. not only is it visually confusing (why is there so much open space?), but in terms of biodiversity as well it is lacking. as far as i'm concerned, the only way for GameFreak to adequately convey jungle in a game would be through a technique similar to the first floor of Glittering Cave where your movement options are limited and your point of view is altered slightly to obscure some vision.

What I meant, is that anything is possible. If anyone can pull it off, they can. They focused so much on XY's graphics. What's one jungle to them?

Hoenn route is almost an small forest, even if it is called rainforest.
In the jungle case, it would be a large area with several different levels.
Lara Croft 3 and Uncharted has really nice jungles scenarios. This gives a good idea how a jungle in pokemon game would look like. Specially Lara croft 3, cause it's more linear. But with better graphics, of course. and and preferably a dangerous and creepy song like viridian forest and ilex forest. lol

Last edited:

I just don't think it is a good country for a pokemon region to be based on. I never liked NZ anyway. Australia, America, Britain, Egypt, and Russia are some good countries that a pokemon region can be based on. Back on topic: Dark gym is a must, I want another Dragon gym leader and/or Elite Four/Champion, Gym leader rematches to return, Evolutions and pre-evolutions to return and some old characters to make a special appearance in gen 7.

i never said it was impossible; i simply said it was too high-risk and too low-reward to bother with for the most part.

If they could make Castelia City seem almost 3D on the DS, they can surely do much more with the 3DS. They have barely scratched the surface of the potential of the 3DS.
ok? but that's not what i'm trying to say. designing any kind of rainforest (either temperate or tropical) is difficult because of the signifiers associated with rainforests/jungles. Route 119 in Hoenn is called a tropical rainforest by the game, yet it looks nothing like one. not only is it visually confusing (why is there so much open space?), but in terms of biodiversity as well it is lacking. as far as i'm concerned, the only way for GameFreak to adequately convey jungle in a game would be through a technique similar to the first floor of Glittering Cave where your movement options are limited and your point of view is altered slightly to obscure some vision.

What I meant, is that anything is possible. If anyone can pull it off, they can. They focused so much on XY's graphics. What's one jungle to them?

Hoenn route is almost an small forest, even if it is called rainforest.
In the jungle case, it would be a large area with several different levels.
Lara Croft 3 and Uncharted has really nice jungles scenarios. This gives a good idea how a jungle in pokemon game would look like. Specially Lara croft 3, cause it's more linear. But with better graphics, of course. and and preferably a dangerous and creepy song like viridian forest and ilex forest. lol

Precisely. I am sure that they can give us an amazing jungle. We just gotta believe. I know that sounds like a cat poster, but it's true.

Well, it doesn't necessarily have to be two huge regions. I can be something like Kanto and Sevii Islands. What if there was a group of islands, one with the battle frontier, one with the PWT, one with the Pokémon League, and one with an anime like competition thing to enter the Pokémon League?

Well, it doesn't necessarily have to be two huge regions. I can be something like Kanto and Sevii Islands. What if there was a group of islands, one with the battle frontier, one with the PWT, one with the Pokémon League, and one with an anime like competition thing to enter the Pokémon League?

That could work. The smaller region will be post game and the bigger region will be main game.

I'd honestly love a region based off of Canada, Germany, Britain, or Ireland.

But think this for a moment; what if instead of starting out in a normal town with spring/summer seasons the place where the protagonist lives is a snow town and the first gym is Ice based? Just to shake things up a bit.

I'd honestly love a region based off of Canada, Germany, Britain, or Ireland.

But think this for a moment; what if instead of starting out in a normal town with spring/summer seasons the place where the protagonist lives is a snow town and the first gym is Ice based? Just to shake things up a bit.

I'd love some more big differences and creative ways of shaking things up.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom