• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Sun and Moon

Clefable is the best Pokemon in the game, not counting Ubers. Carbink shouldn't be on that list; MGardevoir, Togekiss, and Sylveon should be,Besides that it looks about right to me
Those three are not the best pokemon in the game. They are pink and just awful to use in battles. Gardevoir is a maybe though.

Those three are not the best pokemon in the game. They are pink and just awful to use in battles. Gardevoir is a maybe though.

Oh I think we may have had a miscommunication - I thought when you said "decent" you meant "powerful in battles", not the ones that you like. Yeah, I think clefable looks stupid too! Unfortunately, in competitive battling, it's the best Pokemon in the game.

That was my bad, i misunderstood what you meant.

Oh I think we may have had a miscommunication - I thought when you said "decent" you meant "powerful in battles", not the ones that you like. Yeah, I think clefable looks stupid too! Unfortunately, in competitive battling, it's the best Pokemon in the game.

That was my bad, i misunderstood what you meant.
How is Clefable good? It has poor stats and abilities are not so good. It could easily be crushed.

How is Clefable good? It has poor stats and abilities are not so good. It could easily be crushed.

Actually, it has really good abilities - Magic Guard makes it so you can't wear it down with Toxic, Burn, or Stealth Rock. It's stats aren't outstanding, but they're good enough - it can take a hit, then use Calm Mind, then use Softboiled to recover HP, then use Calm Mind again, so on and so forth until it has +6 SpA and SpDef and nothing can even scratch it and it can OHKO everything. On top of that, it can use Thunder Wave to cripple the opponent's team, or Stealth Rock to support its own team.

For the most part, I've just always wanted them to change the whole concept of progression throughout the game, and for them to focus some more on story to make things more interesting. We've already got that first part confirmed, and an improved story looks very likely at this point.

Apart from that, I'd like to see more type combinations than what we've got so far. Something I've been wanting to see for a while is dragon/fighting and fairy/fighting. I'm interested in what new Pokemon they would create for those combinations in particular.

Actually, it has really good abilities - Magic Guard makes it so you can't wear it down with Toxic, Burn, or Stealth Rock. It's stats aren't outstanding, but they're good enough - it can take a hit, then use Calm Mind, then use Softboiled to recover HP, then use Calm Mind again, so on and so forth until it has +6 SpA and SpDef and nothing can even scratch it and it can OHKO everything. On top of that, it can use Thunder Wave to cripple the opponent's team, or Stealth Rock to support its own team.
Doesn't sound good to me. I am more of attack head on with OP moves. To each his/her own I guess.

Last edited:
Doesn't sound good to me. I am more of attack headed on with OP moves. To each his/her own I guess.

Sure, I totally get that! It's fun to play that way. But when you're playing on the competitive ladder, support is an important role and Clefable is simply the best there is. :]

I've had a good deal of success with Clefable in this generation. It might be third behind Togekiss and Slurpuff in my list of favorite Fairy types but Clefable has served me very well online with those support capabilities, it just shows that some great abilities can make up for passable stats. It basically saved Unaware when I tried using one, Quagsire was leading me to dislike the ability for a while.

One thing I want to see in this generation is a good Dark/Fairy type (preferably with a buffed Illuminate to halve damage from Ghost and Dark, but I can go without that), whether it's a new Pokémon or an Alolan Form. It and my usual Gengar would cover for each of the other's weaknesses aside from Steel and I'd like the chance to frequently use the Dark type. I've oft ignored it because of the many similar type relations to Ghost, my own favourite type.

Last edited:
One thing I want to see in this generation is a good Dark/Fairy type (preferably with a buffed Illuminate to halve damage from Ghost and Dark, but I can go without that), whether it's a new Pokémon or an Alolan Form. It and my usual Gengar would cover for each of the other's weaknesses aside from Steel and I'd like the chance to frequently use the Dark type. I've oft ignored it because of the many similar type relations to Ghost, my own favourite type.
Maybe it'll be Alolan Persian who'll look fabulous! :)

I think Alola Persian would be pure Dark type in my opinion. Do Alola forms always have to have two types?

Lucanroc night form to have the move Trick-or-Treat and to be able to use it on itself.
That way we could get rock/ghost. Would make sense for a night creature to change type.

Would be cool if that would be posibble. Imagine a fairy , steel, ground or other with immunity type adding move that could be used by the user to change it's type.

Lycanroc day form could get Forests Curse to change its own typing to protect better from grass and water pokemon and if it learn fire, ice and flying type moves it could hit hard back.

Last edited:
I think Alola Persian would be pure Dark type in my opinion. Do Alola forms always have to have two types?
All the fully evolved ones have had two types so far, it's a reasonable assumption for Persian to also have two of them at this point. That seems to be the direction they appear to be going.

All the fully evolved ones have had two types so far, it's a reasonable assumption for Persian to also have two of them at this point. That seems to be the direction they appear to be going.
Well, when Alolan Exeggutor, Alolan Ninetails and Alolan Sandslash were shown, people thought that it would always be entire evolution lines that are Alolan Forms. So Alolan Persian could be pure Dark-type to buck away from trend.

Well, when Alolan Exeggutor, Alolan Ninetails and Alolan Sandslash were shown, people thought that it would always be entire evolution lines that are Alolan Forms. So Alolan Persian could be pure Dark-type to buck away from trend.

No, not really. Everyone who watched the Japanese trailer knew Alolan Exeggutor evolves from Exeggcute that aren't visibly different from past Exeggcute, and that information would of spread as people asked where Alolan Exeggcute is.

No, not really. Everyone who watched the Japanese trailer knew Alolan Exeggutor evolves from Exeggcute that aren't visibly different from past Exeggcute, and that information would of spread as people asked where Alolan Exeggcute is.
interesting will be to see what have they planed for regular grass/psyuchic Exeggutor? I dont belive they will focus only on the new forms, they probably planed a little boost for old ones too, but maybe not for this gen.
________________________________________________________________________________
Obsolete drake "dragon" is an older borrowing of the same word.
Used in the Bible to translate Heb. tannin "a great sea-monster,"
and tan, a desert mammal now believed to be the jackal. (harsh sandstorm???)
next maybe not in sun and moon but in next games I would want a kind of stones that induce to a pokemon a extra ability (that way the pokemon can have two at once). Like Z -moves or megaevolution only one pokemon in you party could have it and use it only once per battle.

Last edited:
option to choose double battles, regular battles , battle royal between players.
Also I want to choose if I want to have a full battle(amount of pokemon)
or a point system battle with selected amount of turns(9 turns and you get points for hp taken/left , KO and other things).

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom