• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Sun and Moon

*meekly raises hand*
multiple save slots?
more visual differences than gender and shiny differences(breeds for example. Hell I'd love one where pokemon have basically DNA that governs certain model changes and can be inherited) would be nice.
Inter-region travel like what Johto did with Kanto.
Pokemon league Champion is the villain, that's always fun. OR, Professor is the villain.

Just a couple ideas.

For some reason, I would like to see N and Saturn come back for a bit, just in the after game.
Sort of like Cynthia in Black and White.

The Ice type to be fixed. COME ON, IT'S BEEN 6 GENERATIONS ALREADY, HASN'T IT SUFFERED ENOUGH?!

The Ice type to be fixed. COME ON, IT'S BEEN 6 GENERATIONS ALREADY, HASN'T IT SUFFERED ENOUGH?!
Your right, Ice types deserve better. But I think that GF was trying to protect dragon types.

And I totally agree with @CronusNuzlocker, MORE save slots! I want to replay, but I'm a breeder! I can't delete my file and start anew! What happens to 100+ hours of breeding?!? Do I delete it? I can't give it away! I've tried that! No one wants the stuff, and I have too much of it even if they did! All 30 boxes are at least half way filled with Pokemon, and eggs! Also, I personally would like to see a new world of gaming, everything more adjustable and options! You don't know cut, but you do know flamethrower and water gun, would you like to control burn the tree? I can burn that tree! It's like saying that cut is the only way to rid yourself of the tree! That's messed up! I know hyper beam! You mean to tell me that move can't destroy that scrawny little tree?!? That's weird, because hyper beam turned deoxys into a stone in destiny deoxys.
Moreover, why don't we make more like a mii character, then it turns your mii into a Pokemon character! That would be awesome! A mii character that was also my Pokemon character!

I liked the character customization in X/Y, so I hope that comes back. With more or different options. If there are Kalos sequels (based on southern France), some kind of fashion mini-game. I want a town with a vineyard. And more museums.

Last edited:
Ice typeis fragile,cause ice IS fragile in real life. However, ice type can be improved makingit super effective against bug type and not weak to Rock type.

Ice typeis fragile,cause ice IS fragile in real life. However, ice type can be improved makingit super effective against bug type and not weak to Rock type.

Making Ice better by making Bug even worse probably isn't a good solution; Bug is in a pretty bad place as it is. You'd just end up making Bug the worst type instead of Ice.

To make Ice better I'd ditch the Rock weakness and then make it resist Flying and Fairy - both of which could use a bit of balancing offensively. To end up with 3 resistances (Ice, Fairy, Flying) and 3 weaknesses (Steel, Fire, Fighting).

As for Bug, remove Fairy's resistance to it and make it super effective on Water. (Yeah doesn't make much sense but giving Water a third weakness wouldn't kill it while also giving Bugs more uses.)

Both these changes would in turn also balance Fairy more, by giving it 3 weaknesses (Ice, Poison, Steel), 2 resistances (Fighting + Dark, which are both still very important) and 1 immunity (Dragon). While it would be resisted by 3 types (Poison, Steel, Ice) on the offense. Fairy's not exactly overpowered, but it's pretty much the best offensive and defensive typing combined at the same time, which isn't exactly healthy. Steel is probably the best defensive typing, but lacks the offense, while Flying is the best offensive but isn't too useful defensively. While Fairy has the best of both worlds.

I just thought of most of this off the top of my head while replying, so if this ends up making the type chart worse (somehow) someone please correct me. But I can't think of anything right now.

Making Ice better by making Bug even worse probably isn't a good solution; Bug is in a pretty bad place as it is. You'd just end up making Bug the worst type instead of Ice.

To make Ice better I'd ditch the Rock weakness and then make it resist Flying and Fairy - both of which could use a bit of balancing offensively. To end up with 3 resistances (Ice, Fairy, Flying) and 3 weaknesses (Steel, Fire, Fighting).

As for Bug, remove Fairy's resistance to it and make it super effective on Water. (Yeah doesn't make much sense but giving Water a third weakness wouldn't kill it while also giving Bugs more uses.)

Both these changes would in turn also balance Fairy more, by giving it 3 weaknesses (Ice, Poison, Steel), 2 resistances (Fighting + Dark, which are both still very important) and 1 immunity (Dragon). While it would be resisted by 3 types (Poison, Steel, Ice) on the offense. Fairy's not exactly overpowered, but it's pretty much the best offensive and defensive typing combined at the same time, which isn't exactly healthy. Steel is probably the best defensive typing, but lacks the offense, while Flying is the best offensive but isn't too useful defensively. While Fairy has the best of both worlds.

I just thought of most of this off the top of my head while replying, so if this ends up making the type chart worse (somehow) someone please correct me. But I can't think of anything right now.

I was actually trying to make sense. That´s why I said the Bug thing,cause Bugs don´t resist ice very well...

I was actually trying to make sense. That´s why I said the Bug thing,cause Bugs don´t resist ice very well...

Well I still don't see much point in making Ice better by making the other type that needs help (Bug) worse. Ice's problems are the weaknesses combined with lack of resistances, it's not that it needs to be super effective against another type (if it was Fairy, which probably needs another weakness, then ok, but Bug doesn't need more problems).

The type chart is unlikely to be balanced if everything had to make total sense because the interactions between the concepts probably wouldn't be enough.

I will never understand why Ice isn't very effective against Bug, I mean...it makes since...kinda, right? Bugs aren't really known to be survivors of extreme cold, so...=/ Either that or I'm being stupid, but eh. I always get confused when it isn't super effective, then I remember..
I think, personally, Ice should be super effective against Fairy along with Poison and Steel, to balance things out and give Ice a boost, it'd be nice if Ice wasn't regarded as "super worthless" anymore, for it's personally one of my favorite types. :3

Giving Ice more type advantages isn't going to fix it, it needs more resistances. Fragile or not, they can't just have Ice only resist itself, it needs to resist something else. I think Ice should resist Ground, that type could use a nerf.

Personally I'd like to see Ice resist Water, usually when Ice and Water exist as separate elements they form a cross-counter, considering those elements usually exist in equilibrium. If Freeze Dry was given a wider distribution, then that would give Ice types a niche as Water type killers that aren't weak to Ice Beam and resist Water's STAB.

I've personally never understood why Water resists Ice, since ice freezes water in real life. The problem with ice is that it's easy to shatter, so it's hard to really justify giving it extra resistances without it not making much sense. The only type I could see Ice gaining a resist to is Flying, since wind can't blow away glaciers or blocks of ice.
Another problem is that too many Ice-types are slow and defensively-oriented, like Lapras and Avalugg, which doesn't fit well with how offensively-oriented the type itself is. Weavile is pretty much the only Ice-type that takes advantage of this, having high Speed and Attack.

Giving Ice more type advantages isn't going to fix it, it needs more resistances. Fragile or not, they can't just have Ice only resist itself, it needs to resist something else. I think Ice should resist Ground, that type could use a nerf.

Ice could resist Fairy?

Fairy only has poison and steel as weaknesses and poison type moves (that aren't status inducing) are rare.

An idea that i've had circling in my mind since the end of Gen V is something I could see enriching the games on a massive scale. What i'd like to see introduced on a grander scale than ever before is variations of existing Pokemon.

Fanart depictions of Pokemon variants demonstrate how much this mechanic could be expanded upon, and we have obviously already seen this carried out in games to date. Examples include:

- Shellos and Gastrodon: These are the basis of my idea. The Sinnoh region being split in two by Mt. Coronet has caused these Pokemon to take on different appearances over time.
- Deerling and Sawsbuck: I like the notion of Pokemon taking on differing appearances based on the current season/climate and hope to see this explored in greater detail with more Pokemon.
- Burmy and Wormadam: These are interesting Pokemon as their type, stat spread and movepool change based on their forme - influenced by the environment they last battled in.

I feel the idea of Pokemon variations is so vast (as much so as biology in the real world) that every single Pokemon could potentially have an altered appearance/type based on environment, genes, and even the climate/season. Generation VI introduced Mega Evolution which requires a number of catalysts for a Pokemon to fulfill (usually a Trainer, Key Stone and Mega Stone as well as a supposed bond with recipient Trainer), and in the past we've even seen man-made items play a part in Pokemon evolution (Metal Coat, Upgrade, etc), but in Gen VII I think it would be awesome to see more on the side of how nature itself influences change in Pokemon species.

To use Nidoran M/F as an example, I could see them receiving variants that are slightly more robust and have a slightly higher Defence stat. Their habitat would be within caves as opposed to the ones we are accustomed to catching in grassy plains. Upon their final evolution into Nidoking/Nidoqueen they have the Steel typing to replace the Ground type, with a movepool that is also geared towards the difference in type. Meanwhile, breeding two different species within the same Egg Group should also cause aesthetic and type differences to the offspring, within reason - for example, breeding a male Luxray and female Manectric could result in the offspring being an Electrike with a dark mane and the Intimidate ability (I realise the irony of this as M-Manectric gains this ability). Incidentally, how all of this would affect the Mega evolving mechanic I do not know...

This would obviously cause Game Freak a lot of work - simply in terms of thinking up more designs and latterly creating the models for them, but maybe they could settle at a compromise by not designing as many new monsters just as was the case in Gen VI when creating Megas. There is also the danger that the idea could be taken too far, because after all the premise has unlimited potential. For this reason I would suggest that the mechanic is kept as simplistic as possible - i.e. each Pokemon to receive variants can only have a maximum of two based on environment, two/three based on breeding.

Unfortunately, one thing we can't always praise Game Freak for with this franchise is the ability to think big, since they're so prone to pulling out great features from game to game or just nerfing once great ones. As a result, I can't imagine them ever implementing a feature as grand and intricate as this.

An idea that i've had circling in my mind since the end of Gen V is something I could see enriching the games on a massive scale. What i'd like to see introduced on a grander scale than ever before is variations of existing Pokemon.

Fanart depictions of Pokemon variants demonstrate how much this mechanic could be expanded upon, and we have obviously already seen this carried out in games to date. Examples include:

- Shellos and Gastrodon: These are the basis of my idea. The Sinnoh region being split in two by Mt. Coronet has caused these Pokemon to take on different appearances over time.
- Deerling and Sawsbuck: I like the notion of Pokemon taking on differing appearances based on the current season/climate and hope to see this explored in greater detail with more Pokemon.
- Burmy and Wormadam: These are interesting Pokemon as their type, stat spread and movepool change based on their forme - influenced by the environment they last battled in.

I feel the idea of Pokemon variations is so vast (as much so as biology in the real world) that every single Pokemon could potentially have an altered appearance/type based on environment, genes, and even the climate/season. Generation VI introduced Mega Evolution which requires a number of catalysts for a Pokemon to fulfill (usually a Trainer, Key Stone and Mega Stone as well as a supposed bond with recipient Trainer), and in the past we've even seen man-made items play a part in Pokemon evolution (Metal Coat, Upgrade, etc), but in Gen VII I think it would be awesome to see more on the side of how nature itself influences change in Pokemon species.

To use Nidoran M/F as an example, I could see them receiving variants that are slightly more robust and have a slightly higher Defence stat. Their habitat would be within caves as opposed to the ones we are accustomed to catching in grassy plains. Upon their final evolution into Nidoking/Nidoqueen they have the Steel typing to replace the Ground type, with a movepool that is also geared towards the difference in type. Meanwhile, breeding two different species within the same Egg Group should also cause aesthetic and type differences to the offspring, within reason - for example, breeding a male Luxray and female Manectric could result in the offspring being an Electrike with a dark mane and the Intimidate ability (I realise the irony of this as M-Manectric gains this ability). Incidentally, how all of this would affect the Mega evolving mechanic I do not know...

This would obviously cause Game Freak a lot of work - simply in terms of thinking up more designs and latterly creating the models for them, but maybe they could settle at a compromise by not designing as many new monsters just as was the case in Gen VI when creating Megas. There is also the danger that the idea could be taken too far, because after all the premise has unlimited potential. For this reason I would suggest that the mechanic is kept as simplistic as possible - i.e. each Pokemon to receive variants can only have a maximum of two based on environment, two/three based on breeding.

Unfortunately, one thing we can't always praise Game Freak for with this franchise is the ability to think big, since they're so prone to pulling out great features from game to game or just nerfing once great ones. As a result, I can't imagine them ever implementing a feature as grand and intricate as this.
I like this......I like this a lot actually

I would actually like to see a little more variety in character customization.....if different NPCs can have some pretty outrageous and awesome looks why can't our character...of course it wouldn't be right at the start but it would be nice to have an awesome looking character for after you walk thru the E4 to show your a champion. Character customization is a big deal for me tho. I like my characters to be an extension of myself in the games that I play. Of course it wouldn't change the game on a competitive scale and most people would think it would be a waste of time but I would enjoy it at least. Playing yourself in a game could really help dig you further into it and make you really feel like a part of the games world.....just my .02.

The removal of HMs as a way to impede progress and occupy a move slot, as well as a more tactful way to present the roadblocks they would have otherwise provided the solution for

The removal of HMs as a way to impede progress and occupy a move slot, as well as a more tactful way to present the roadblocks they would have otherwise provided the solution for

Having to use up a move slot is pretty much the core issue behind HMs and that's what they should be focusing on. There's no need to remove HMs entirely.

Having to use up a move slot is pretty much the core issue behind HMs and that's what they should be focusing on. There's no need to remove HMs entirely.

Never said they needed to be removed entirely, only that they shouldn't be used to dam up progress and ideally not steal a move slot since most aren't very useful in battle anyway

I would love it if they did something about the HM issue.

An easy solution to this problem I believe is to introduce a whole new move slot different to the one Pokémon would normally use in battle, let's call it an HM slot or something similar to that. Basically every Pokémon would have two move slots, a regular move slot for moves that it uses inside of battle and an HM slot for moves that it uses outside of battle (this would also work for other field moves that aren't HMs like Flash) and this HM slot I assume would have 4 maximum spaces like the regular move slot has. Obviously the moves in this HM slot could not be used inside of battle. Also for people wondering as to how the Pokémon would be able to learn the HM moves as regular battling moves, easy when you select the HM (or other field move like Flash) a question pops up and asks you if you'd like the move to be taught as a battle move or field move.

This would be the best thing ever if they did this.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom