• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Sun and Moon

I have a few ideas:

• Abilities that enable the Terrains (and eventually, moves that trigger both a terrain and Weather effect, plus a 4 terrain to bring it on par with the weather)
  • More dual type moves, the weather/terrain moves could even be of this type (with a hypothetical Rain Dance/Electric Terrain hybrid being Water/Electric)
  • Incorporate the TCG's Energy Symbols (plus new ones for unrepresented types like Bug, Ghost or Rock)
  • New Pokeball Designs, like one based around Fire, One based on Lightning, one based on the stars, etc
  • More Unown formes (Greek letters, Numbers, anything, though I suspect the native kanji and kana would be a bit difficult to design Unown after) and Vivillon Patterns (Including Aurora and Rainbow patterns)
  • A Pokemon that changes forms during the Night, we already have pokemon that are different based on the seasons, this should be next
  • If the regional dex is getting split again, I want more charms, Shiny charm would still be the "caught 'em all" reward but the charms should increased chances of getting Hidden Abilities, better IVs, etc
  • Something like a Randomized Dungeon in addition to the ersatz frontier. A place where one can face players with evolving strategies and teams, that get better as the player progresses. Maybe be a post-championship test of how much knowledge the players have
  • A way to face off against teams you faced online, similar to the Secret Base leader fights (but with 6 pokemon)
  • The return of the friend Safari
  • Shiny minisprites.
  • And finally, the return of the PWT.

New type combos, Pokemon World Tournament returns but you earn experience points and opponents are set to level 65, evolutions of older pokemon to return (have a feeling mega evolution is gen 6 only), another shiny pokemon you get in the game by winning or catching in special place and more sequels.

choose the own trainer class in the beggining of the game. The possibility to be a painter, ace trainer, bug catcher, a waiter, a socialite, rich boy, a hiker, a psychic, gambler, a musician, a pilot, cyclist, policial, sailor, cowboy, reporter....
this influence the initial outfit, each class receive a specific pokemon egg during the game, differen't events are unclosed depending on your class
and some other especific facilities as the rich boy and socialite starting with more money, or the gambler has more coins and other benefits in the game corner, tournements the rancher will have access to rare berrys and herbs, and will have farm to plant berrys and other stuffs, the cyclist will get a bike since the beggining etc

This can also be very frustrating. Not sure everyone would like some features locked out due to a choice made at the very beginning, particularly if you can't change the classes midway and the person is averse to restarting the game.

What would You say to a new kind of pokemon?
New Move Ability Immunities, pokemon with Abilities that give them immunity to all special attacks and others that would be immune to all physical attacks?
and a new pokemon with "Miracle Guard" the oposite to Wonder Guard?

Abilities that could grant immunity to special/physical moves and some hpothetical examples:

With 2x weakness(or 1,5x ) to the other kind of moves.

1. "Necromancy" (or other better suited name):
Immunity to special moves and a 2x weakness to physical ones.

I imagine a Dragon/ghost the Skeleton(winged one) pokemon,
HP: 110 /Attack: 119 /Defense: 95 /Sp.Atk: 95 /Sp.Def: 1 /Speed: 70 /Total: 490

a ground/flying sand creature(monster, moving sand)
HP: 100 /Attack: 104 /Defense: 80 /Sp.Atk: 100 /Sp.Def: 1/ Speed: 85/Total: 460

dark/psychic could be a phantom, in shape of a Kite.
HP: 90 /Attack: 94 /Defense: 90 /Sp.Atk: 95 /Sp.Def: 1/ Speed: 75/Total: 430

2. "Ectoplasma" or "Hollow" (or other better suited name):

Immunity to physical moves and a 2x weakness (or 1,5x) to special ones.

I imagine a ghost/fairy the headless Centaur pokemon(dark color with lance and shield),
HP: 110 /Attack: 114 /Defense: 1 /Sp.Atk: 115 /Sp.Def: 90/ Speed: 70/Total: 490

a poison/electric gas monster.

HP: 100 /Attack: 94 /Defense: 1 /Sp.Atk: 100 /Sp.Def: 80/ Speed: 95/Total: 460

a water/grass seaweed monster something in the form of a aligator,

HP: 90 /Attack: 94 /Defense: 1 /Sp.Atk: 95 /Sp.Def: 90/ Speed: 75/Total: 430

Maybe some like the sandmonster or seaweed monster could get both abilities and a move to change between them?
This would be the ideal Special blockers and ideal Physical Blockers.

I also want to introduce a Miracle Guard ability, that works like an oposite of Wonder Guard.
It gives the pokemon immunity to all super effective hits.
I imagine a dark gargoyle with wings, ghost/rock pokemon.

HP: 96 /Attack: 69 / Defense: 69 /Sp.Atk: 69 /Sp.Def: 69 /Speed: 96/Total: 468
This one would be immune to 6 types.

Before you rate this ideas, think abut all type immunities and Wonder Guard.
There are something like 621 moves, 159 special and 237 physical moves.
How many moves does a single immunity counter?
Ground immunity is a counter for 19 electric type moves.
Steel immunity is a counter fo 16 poison type moves.
Flying immunity protects from 18 groud type moves.
Fairy is immune to dragon moves 12 dragon type moves.
Ghost is immune to 38 fighting moves and 90 normal type moves, that makes 128
Dark is immune to 18 psychic type moves.
Normal type is immune to 11 ghost type moves.
Wonder guard Shedinja is a counter to 13 types , that means it's nearly immune to 308 moves from a total of 396 damage dealing ones.
And there are 19 pokemon with Mold Breaker to counter them+ the ones with scrappy, for the ghost type examples.

Gengar with Levitate is immune to 136 moves and has total base stat 500, Aegislash is immune to 134 moves and has 520 total stat, Chandelure (Total: 520) with flash fire is immune to 156 move

4. And a new feature of 6 move slots, 2 extra to change in between batles, still only 4 in use in battle phases, you would not need to fear to lose a good move and HMs wouldn't be a problem any more.

5. bug type move Powder should work till the oponents pokemon uses a fire type move and not only one turn.
This would be better, it would allow for longer battle.
Parasect and more pokes could learn it?
(want a ground type version against grass types(salt based) and a rock type version against water types(cement based), and give them to more pokemon then one)

Last edited:
Less godlike legendaries please. Gen 3 started the trend of having deity like legends and the other gens went even further with this with Arceus and Hoopa. Cant we have a gen again where the legendaries are legends but not gods like in gen 1 and 2? Its getting stale.

Actually having the chance to catch them all again would be nice. Not in one game necessarily but over all games in the generation including potential remakes of Sinnoh and maybe even Kanto. No more event pokemon, just plain old being able to catch all Pokemon there are.

Having the people treat you like a champion after you beat the elite 4. The people now still behave like you are just some random kid, while you are actually the strongest in the region.

maybe they could introduce Primal or Cyber based theme in games? technology, wildness, aspects of wisdom and power? Pokemon "Primal" and Pokemon "Cyber"? Past and Future?

Less godlike legendaries please. Gen 3 started the trend of having deity like legends and the other gens went even further with this with Arceus and Hoopa. Cant we have a gen again where the legendaries are legends but not gods like in gen 1 and 2? Its getting stale.

Actually having the chance to catch them all again would be nice. Not in one game necessarily but over all games in the generation including potential remakes of Sinnoh and maybe even Kanto. No more event pokemon, just plain old being able to catch all Pokemon there are.

Having the people treat you like a champion after you beat the elite 4. The people now still behave like you are just some random kid, while you are actually the strongest in the region.

To be fair, the Legendaries have been given god-like status since the beginning of the franchise. Mew is said to contain the DNA of all Pokemon, and if we're to include the anime we have the Birds and Lugia treated as gods/guardians in the 2nd movie. And IIRC, the Beasts in Johto are treated as such as well in the games.

I also don't think event Pokemon are going away anytime soon. The whole point of Pokemon is to "catch em all", and the event-only 'mons are Game Freak's way of getting you to take the initiative of obtaining those rarer 'mons.

Last edited:
We had alredy by man made pokemon.
pokemon made by other pokemon.
Pokemon from other dimensions.
Pokemon from cosmos.
Pokemon inside earth.
Maybe its time to have legends that have no type assiociation?
We have many unused type combos and never had legendary double battles? 2 pair of legends that meet and that change partners depending on story line?

Another thing I really want to see: For once can we have a protagonist from the previous game appear as an NPC? Besides Red, of course; I've seen enough of him. It makes me wonder why Hilda/Hilbert did not appear even though their you could set their personality with the Trainer Card, and that could be sent to BW2 via Unova Link. All the other PCs (except Leaf in FRLG and Kris in GSC) appear as NPCs (when you don't select them) anyway.

choose the own trainer class in the beggining of the game. The possibility to be a painter, ace trainer, bug catcher, a waiter, a socialite, rich boy, a hiker, a psychic, gambler, a musician, a pilot, cyclist, policial, sailor, cowboy, reporter....
this influence the initial outfit, each class receive a specific pokemon egg during the game, differen't events are unclosed depending on your class
and some other especific facilities as the rich boy and socialite starting with more money, or the gambler has more coins and other benefits in the game corner, tournements the rancher will have access to rare berrys and herbs, and will have farm to plant berrys and other stuffs, the cyclist will get a bike since the beggining etc

This can also be very frustrating. Not sure everyone would like some features locked out due to a choice made at the very beginning, particularly if you can't change the classes midway and the person is averse to restarting the game.

but the good part is exactly the surprise effect, the storyline would be the same but with some different events
by the way the game needs more than one save file

- Following pokemon (like HeartGold/SoulSilver), but allowing us to choose which pokemon to keep out instead of being always the one in the lead slot.
- The ability to actually ride some of our own pokemon, since they already did that with Ryhorn and Gogoat.
- Allow pokemon to forget HM moves without move-deleter. It's unnecessary since you can re-teach the moves anytime you want, and some HMs are just crap.

Some Post-game areas:
A Dragonspiral Tower-like area, where Reshiram/Zekrom resides after beating Hilbert and getting their Unova Starter from Alder.
An area where you can catch Dialga/Palkia, after getting a Sinnoh Starter from Cynthia, which will take place after beating Lucas, the D/P/PT Male Protagonist, Lucas will use Mega Evolution, by using Mega Lucario.
A weather area, where after beating Brendan, Steven gives you a Hoenn starter, and Groudon/Kyogre appears there.
They would have the Dragonspiral/Celestial Tower BGM used.
After beating both the hero and heroine of each previous gen, the Champion gives you a shiny version of their signature Pokemon's base stage (eg. beating Calem and Serena will have Diantha give you a shiny Ralts holding Gardevoirite).

Some Post-game areas:
A Dragonspiral Tower-like area, where Reshiram/Zekrom resides after beating Hilbert and getting their Unova Starter from Alder.
An area where you can catch Dialga/Palkia, after getting a Sinnoh Starter from Cynthia, which will take place after beating Lucas, the D/P/PT Male Protagonist, Lucas will use Mega Evolution, by using Mega Lucario.
A weather area, where after beating Brendan, Steven gives you a Hoenn starter, and Groudon/Kyogre appears there.
They would have the Dragonspiral/Celestial Tower BGM used.
After beating both the hero and heroine of each previous gen, the Champion gives you a shiny version of their signature Pokemon's base stage (eg. beating Calem and Serena will have Diantha give you a shiny Ralts holding Gardevoirite).

That sounds like something for a PWT update more of less. I doubt GF will let you get 6 shinies for 6 battles without any hurdles (and no, 1 battle does not amount to much)

A fossil Pokemon based on a Stegosauria species dinosaur. Please, GF.

A fossil Pokemon based on a Stegosauria species dinosaur. Please, GF.

Yeah! I'm thinking maybe kentrosaurus or another shoulder spine species!

On the other hand, I'd also kinda like to see a return to non-dinosaur fossils. The biology teacher in me says ediacaran pokemon that are totally alien and scientists are baffled by them. Maybe one rock/fairy and the other rock/ghost?

Or SUBFOSSIL POKEMON like dodos or thylacines or quagga or O-o or moas. Maybe have them ghost/whatever instead of rock/whatever.

I like to see the Original Dragon. It is something I have been interested in and would like to see what it looks like. Dark type gym would be great, gym leader rematches with full teams to return and Elite Four not using two of the same pokemon like in ORAS before post game.

I like to see the Original Dragon. It is something I have been interested in and would like to see what it looks like. Dark type gym would be great, gym leader rematches with full teams to return and Elite Four not using two of the same pokemon like in ORAS before post game.

That may be more of an 8th gen thing, probably when it's time for Unova remakes.

I think fossil Pokemon based on ancient mammals would be great.

I can totally rave to this. I think in a perfect game for me, there'd be a lot more fossil hunting. Whoops...

I also heartily second the demand for a dark-type gym. I'd like to see any direction of playing with the "evil" aspect. Gym leader with evil team, gym leader rehabilitating formerly evil pokemon, gym leader who's rebellious and wants to use pokemon that others are afraid of 9but are secretly super sweet) anything.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom