• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Sun and Moon

The main Generation VII games, obviously. And a third version/sequel/prequel/etc. for the Generation VII games. Then Sinnoh remakes. Then, assuming Kanto remakes happen in Generation VI to respect Kanto in the Megaverse, Johto remakes.

A PC with a different background. Playing as a guy who happened to be trusted with dex quest, a starter of the same 3 types, knew a prof small town etc etc for the seventh time would be a bit silly. I mean other people have Pokémon with that background it would good to see how first hand.

-more desert animals and sand based pokemon also more swamp or amazona jungle creature motives.

-The greater usement of turn changes and time passing.

Last edited:
I would like the IV system simplified or replaced. I know that IVs were added to make Pokemon of the same species and level different, and players were not supposed to care much about it. Now, however, we all want 31 IVs, at least in the stats we are going to use.

I do not like the IV system any more, because it creates weak and strong Pokemon. No one wants a weak Pokemon.

The nature system introduced in gen 3 is better, because as it can give a Pokemon a weakness, as it can give a Pokemon a strength. Of course you may get boosts in the wrong stats, but a Pokemon is usually flexible and can be trained in different ways, so often this is just a matter of personal opinion what is the wrong stat.

The nature system is at the moment too simple though, and does not create the same variety as the IV system. But if a Pokemon could have, say, 3 natures, then the stats should be varied enough, depending on the combination of natures (some nature effects would neutralise each other).

Natures make the gameplay more manageble, because you can see the stats marked red or blue. The IVs, you need external calculators to look up, which I don't like very much.

I just want to see another gen I remake but that won't happen until people actually demand it, but considering FRLG was 11 years ago and we are 2 1/2 systems later (DS, 3DS, and the half system known as the "new 3DS") they will either have to fix the glitches and put it on the VC, or remake it.
but since that won't happen, how about a patch for the first two versions for stuff added in the Gen IV remakes and the third version/sequel? considering they caused an outrage by NOT doing that this gen that is.

I like to see the Original Dragon. It is something I have been interested in and would like to see what it looks like.

I've often wondered if we'll ever see the Original Dragon. 'Cause you know, GFR(Game Freak Reasons).

I've honestly just settled with this being my personal head-canon:Pkmn: The Original Dragon, VAHIROM by ky-nim on DeviantArt

Made by an extremely talented individual, and I think they did an awesome job with the lore too. :) As for Gen 7, I wish for more Pokes than Gen 6, because the more variety makes in-game better to play/re-play and just makes things more fresh overall. A more intelligent, better handled, and new approach to the plot/formula of the series would be much welcome as well. Though I'm not holding my breath for the latter, it would just be nice to see GF really take a gamble for once.

No more tutorials on how to capture a pokemon or a tour of the pokemon center/poke mart. I've been playing pokemon for almost 20 years. If I haven't figured out how to catch a pokemon by now, then I really have problems.

Some features/additions I would like to see in Gen VII:

1) More use of cloud PC storage. I would like to be able to access my Pokemon Bank directly from the in-game PC. Having to go into my Bank account to move a Pokemon I want to trade onto a game is a real pain. The ability to trade directly from the Pokemon Bank 3DS app would also be pretty cool. There could also be a Battle Box that is cloud-based so the player can battle using the same competitive team across multiple games.

2) A Big Pokedex. I would like the region's Pokemon to be very diverse. It would probably even make sense to abandon the idea of the "Regional" Pokedex and just start out with the National Pokedex at the beginning and you could change what order the Pokemon are displayed in between Regional and National orders, and have there be about 500+ Pokemon catchable in-game.
I know it looks like they are leaning away from introducing more Pokemon and instead mixing up the games mechanic-wise with Mega Evolution and such (I'm expecting the battling scene to get another similar shake-up in Gen VII) but I really want them to do what they did in Gen V and introduce at least 150+ new Pokemon. I completed the Kalos section of the Pokedex in a single afternoon, there were so few to collect.

3) Adopt Pokemon. I don't think this one is very likely. I've mentioned this idea elsewhere on the forums before, but I like the idea of instead of releasing Pokemon, you can upload them to a public cloud, where they can be adopted by other players. This could really help younger players with completing their Pokedex. It would work similar to Pokemon Bank, except everyone would essentially share the same account and everything is up for grabs. Alternatively, it could work like the GTS; search for the name of the Pokemon you want, and you get results for Pokemon you can adopt.

4) GTS improvements. Namely, the ability to see the summary page of the Pokemon you're trading for. And for the love of God, fix it so you can't offer a Rattata for a lv90 Latias. Have each Pokemon have an assigned "rareness" value, with the ability to filter out trade offers that want Pokemon above or below a certain rareness level, as an idea.

5) Bag organisation. This is always a small thing that can annoy me at times.
I want eight pockets in the Bag; one each for Berries, Medicine, Hold Items, General Items, TMs/HMs, Mega Stones, Poke Balls, Key Items. My bag always winds up a complete mess after a while and I have trouble finding things because for some reason a Great Ball, Amphorosite, Shell Bell, and Green Shard are all considered the same kind of item.

6) MORE MEGA EVOLUTIONS FOR MORE POKEMON

7) Change battling even more. I'd like to see more changes to Pokemon battles on-par with what Mega Evolutions brought to the table. It would be great to see more Pokemon become more equally competitively viable. Just an idea off the top of my head, certain weaker Pokemon could be given to access to a single-use signature "Mega Move" or "Mega Attack"; attacks that are far more powerful than other attacks but can only be used once per battle.

Last edited:
-In my opinion, I dislike fossil Pokemon being stuck with the dual type rock\...

-Also, the tutorial on how to catch Pokemon should be optional.

-Maybe include a notepad feature to check on what you have to do. (helpful when you take a long break from playing)

-Character customization features

-The first Pokemon in your party walking with you.

-Put back the season cycle from Gen V

-Either reintroduce the rollerblades or add new modes of transportation. For instance a skateboard or a scooter

-Add a mini game when you use the Wii U in your room

I would like to see an item that, if not guaranteeing the gender of a bred pokemon be the same as whichever parent holds it, at least increases the chances of getting that gender.

more diffrent in power and effects Biting moves .

Category:Biting moves - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

a Rock, Bug, Dragon, Steel type other types need them too.
Especially if we got a ability like "Strong Jaw" and pokemon that are designed to "Bite".
Not all need to be the same.

-some automatical Battle grounds that would work like terrains (remember elimination rounds in the Indigo League in the anime)?

Last edited:
Change the ending structure - One thing I really loved about B2W2 was the Pokemon World Tournament. I felt it was much more challenging and you could breeze through it one time, then struggle the next due to a few Pokemon changes. I would like to see the final battle of the game to be a top 16 challenge, possibly with you vs your rival at the end. After this you are crowned the winner and begin your post game. As a reward for winning the top 16, you are invited to a special location for elite trainers and once you arrive, you get challenged by the Elite Four. Also I want to be able to lose to my rival and have it affect the story. I hate having to always win, for once I’d love them to kick my ass every single time and train like crazy just to beat them when it counts!

Level system - I want a dynamic level system that changes your opponents level based on the difficulty level you choose. So for example, on easy Trainers/Wild Pokemon are 3 levels below your level. On normal trainers/wild Pokemon are same level as your Pokemon and on hard trainers/wild Pokemon are between 3-5 levels higher than yours and battle with strategy like in Battle Maison.

Open Map - It would be great to have some choice in what gyms we challenge in what order. Currently this wouldn’t be possible due to the set level of trainers/wild Pokemon so if we had a dynamic level system, it would change everything.We could set our own pace for the story. Our final challenge could either be at level 40 if we go through fast enough or level 90 if we do a lot of training.

Travelling in a team - I really liked how in X &Y you got to travel with companions for a while. I’d actually like a game to have the whole story to be like this. It could be option to have them join in on double battles or not, and if on easy they could heal your Pokemon for you.

Cries from the anime - I remember there was a poll for this a long time ago and majority didn't want it, but it sounds much better imo and would be great to hear all the cries from the anime.

I want to see an new evil team lead by a boss who despises pokemon and is plotting to eradicating pokemon off the face of the universe. The boss would have his team build a machine to destroy every pokemon on earth, space and all dimensions. They steal the power from many pokemon especially Yveltal and amplify it with machine. The boss wants nothing more than to destroy pokemon from reality itself. This is a truly darker team and they use dark type pokemon. The boss and the team are only using pokemon so that they can succeed with their plan.

A dark type gym would be nice.
A dragon type move that can do super effective damage to fairy unlike the other dragon moves.
An ability that allows Dragon to do normal damage to fairy and steel.
Two pseudo-legendary lines for the generation.
Easy mode and Hard mode returning.
Get an interactive shiny when you complete regional dex of region.
Have two regions in one game.

A faster intro. If the rival has to be introduced after the second gym to make the first instance of real freedom happen sooner so be it.

More Ice-type Ubers (we only have Kyurem-W) and more Ice-types neutral to SR, I specifically want an Ice/Fighting combo.

Like somebody had said earlier, I would like a Fossil Pokemon that doesn't have the Rock typing. Being a rock nerd myself, I can understand why Game Freak does it, but still... I'd like to see something a little different done.

Also, graphics. I'm not asking for anything since I like them the way they are, but I'd like to put the thought out there as to what we'll be seeing in Gen 7. With each Generation, we have gotten slightly better graphics than the previous. With the 3D that we have now with Gen 6, I can't even begin to imagine what Gen 7 will be like. Our green Poke-Blob friend from the teaser has me thinking about Gen 7 even moreso.

Another thing I would like to see when it comes to breeding is a change in egg chance. Instead of relying on original trainer and species to determine if you get an egg I would like to see a system put into place that allows pokemon who are in the daycare with each other for long periods to begin liking each other more, increasing the chances of getting an egg. This could be further affected based on current systems, e.g. species, original trainer. So a pair of pidgy, one from another trainer and one you caught, or bred, yourself are placed in daycare you can pretty much get an egg every time you turn around, so how it is now. But take a pidgy and a swablu, both bred by you and again, as now the chances would be low for getting an egg, but now, leave them in there and they slowly start to like each other more and after a certain amount of time passes you can get eggs from them almost as easily as if they where the same species from two different trainers.

Heck this could even translate into team battles, with pokemon who like each other preforming better.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom