• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Sun and Moon

I'd rather like to see the following Gyms (not in this order though):
- Steel
- Dark
- Ground
- Fairy
- Ghost
- Poison
- Ice
- Fire

We are long overdue for a Dark-type Gym and a Poison-type Legendary. But knowing TrollFreak, they'll keep it from us for a long time to come. :p

- Steel
- Dark
- Ground
- Fairy
- Ghost
- Poison
- Ice
- Fire

We are long overdue for a Dark-type Gym and a Poison-type Legendary. But knowing TrollFreak, they'll keep it from us for a long time to come. :p
Exept that it wouldn't work. See, in pokemon you usually have a forest near the first or second city so a steel type gym wouldn't work. Also, don't take that lack of a dark type gym as "trolling". It might because, well, none of the cities/towns of pokemon fit the "dark" theme (at least in gamefreak's mind).

- Steel
- Dark
- Ground
- Fairy
- Ghost
- Poison
- Ice
- Fire

Exept that it wouldn't work. See, in pokemon you usually have a forest near the first or second city so a steel type gym wouldn't work. Also, don't take that lack of a dark type gym as "trolling". It might because, well, none of the cities/towns of pokemon fit the "dark" theme (at least in gamefreak's mind).

I did say that the Gyms won't necessarily be in that order. The Poison Gym can first or second then. Yeah, it's hard to predict what GameFreak does next.

It's alright. One thing that we will definitely see in Gen7, is a forest. There has been one in every region so far. Hopefully it'll be a big forest with many areas to explore and many hidden secrets.

To state my small opinions...

1. One thing I've always wanted is a option that enables you to play the game in a first person view. I think that it would be pretty interesting.
2. Bring back the character customisation from the X and Y games. I was pretty disappointed that May didn't keep her original RSE/anime design in ORAS, so yeah.
3. Like everyone else is saying, have a Dark type gym. There is a Ghost type gym, so why not a Dark type gym?
4. Give the Ice type some resistances. With only a resistance to its own type, it is pretty hard to use Ice types for me, at least.
5. Bring back the " Your Pokemon Follows You" feature from HG&SS. I really liked that feature and with better graphics than before, I think the game can make a good use out of it and give it other cool features.

Character customization must be the norm in all future games of Pokemon. Each generation they must give us clothes native to the region like Sinnoh has snow. So give us sweaters, parkas and boots and more.

- Steel
- Dark
- Ground
- Fairy
- Ghost
- Poison
- Ice
- Fire

Yeah, I understand your point, but would be nice if there was more mixed gyms, and have ice, steel, fire in the begining, and bug, normal, poison in the end.
And they could change pattern " forest in the begin" and put one in the end or middle of the game. Why not?
Also, there's Lavender town, so it's not like GF coudn't make another city with a haunted or sad theme. I particularly would love a haunted city, in a cartoonish way.

1. Catching Particular Pokemon in Horde Battles, i dont wont to fight them all
2. Gym leader rematches and Gym Leader double battles, rematches for exp grind and i like the mossdeep twins idea and i think it would be cool to implement again
3. Make Unown do something if you have all of them (Arceus post game event anyone?)
4. Being able to join villain teams, adds a new different plot line that would be interesting to see
5. Stop people seeing the game early and spoiling it for others, like a worldwide release
6. Queensland based region ???? :idea::idea:
7. Not having to transport from gen to gen to complete the pokedex :banghead::banghead::banghead:

- Steel
- Dark
- Ground
- Fairy
- Ghost
- Poison
- Ice
- Fire

Yeah, I understand your point, but would be nice if there was more mixed gyms, and have ice, steel, fire in the begining, and bug, normal, poison in the end.
And they could change pattern " forest in the begin" and put one in the end or middle of the game. Why not?
Also, there's Lavender town, so it's not like GF coudn't make another city with a haunted or sad theme. I particularly would love a haunted city, in a cartoonish way.

I'd love to see a haunted city as well with Ghost type Pokemon floating around. I'd also like to see a haunted circus. And that waterfall which flows up which was mentioned in XY.

1. Trainer customization (Give us not-so-short shorts, parkas, sweaters, hoodies, everything!)
2. Pokemon following you around
3. A dark type gym
4. Gym leader rematches
5. More new pokemon (why no hummingbird pokemon?!)
6. A tropical region

What we really need to see is a jungle themed area.

Here some jungles across the world:
• The Amazon Jungle - South America
• The Congo Jungle - Camerooon, Gabon, Central Republic of Congo, southwestern part of the Central African Republic
• Corcovado Jungle - Costa Rica
• Nainital - India
• Kakadu Jungle - Australia
• The Sinharaja Jungle - Sri Lanka
• Papua New Guinea Jungle - New Guinea (More than 75% is covered with jungle)
• The Sundarabans - 66% Bangladesh, 34% West Bengal
• The Gondwana Jungle - Australia
• Pulau Tioman Jungle - Tioman Island, Malaysia

For the DexNav to get a successor. I mean, I guess the DexNav is very specifically to Hoenn, but I really, really enjoy the way of hunting for Pokémon

As for the forest, part of me likes encountering a forest relatively early (like around the time of the second badge normally), though for people who'd like to see it later (which also would be cool) maybe they could make it at some cross-section of the map, so people will have to return to it later and access a more difficult area with higher lvled pokémon?

It's a pet peeve, but the requirement to have a certain badge to be able to use HM's? Please change it back to the way it was in BW, where you'd just get them and could use them right away (or maybe potentially get rid of HM's all together? I dunno, they don't necessarily bother me, but there are also plenty of TM field moves that have been HMs in the past and... Ugh)

Customisation would be neat, but I can personally do without as well. I didn't miss it in ORAS and the XY pc's felt so generic (I mean, I get why, but still) or, at least maybe skin/eye/hair customisation

Another old feature that I wouldn't mind returning is walking pokémon, but please combine it with amie somehow. And make it optional/enable people to chose which pokémon follows em. That's all

But something I really would like to see in the next gen, is a coherent, non-linear region. My issue with BW and especially XY is that they didn't feel connected. Especially in XY I felt like I was just travelling to these different dots on the map and nothing existed outside of these dots. I didn't have that feeling at all in Hoenn and Sinnoh (actually, it wasn't really an issue in Johto or Kanto either, though those did feel a bit more bland) I think something that would help this is the occasional backtracking (but with access to new areas) and just making things less linear

Spicing up the gym types would be nice as well. A Dark type gym is kinda must, and I think another fairy type gym (or E4, maybe that's even better) would be good too. The order could be changed a bit as well, with maybe a bug type in the second half (though maybe but the dark type somewhere there as well) and have something that's normally placed later in the game early for once. I think a fighting or fire type gym early one wouldn't be that bad, though this also depends on a little on what they do with the starters and pokémon distribution

Speaking of which, I wouldn't mind access to some ghost types a bit earlier. It's my favourite type, but often I have to play at least half the game before I can even catch any

and lastly, I think the fairy type could be a bit more balanced, receive some more moves (especially physical moves) and pokémon and just let em settle in a bit better. but I don't really expect that not to happen. It's just the way it is with a new type, when it's first introduced, there are always kinks and lacks

well there have been some later forests. Pinwheel Forest (in BW2) and Lostlorn Forest in Unova are both more distant than the typical early game forests, and Route 20 in Kalos is an optional, nearly end-game route.

as for why not, it's a matter of balance. it's why you're not likely to see a Dragon-type gym leader appear first and a Normal-type Elite Four member: they run the chance of either being too difficult (Dragon) or simply a push-over (Normal). that's not to say it can't or won't be done, it's simply too much of a high-risk, low-reward scenario.

Well, one thing is for certain whether we receive the forest late or early, we'll definitely be getting a forest somewhere. Hopefully it's a jungle or a rainforest instead. Gives us something different to explore. :)

Has anyone thought of mid-battle evolution. I would like for pokemon to be able to evolve during a battle, with better animation. XY/ORAS did help with this one, but I'd like to see more attacks that resemble the anime.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom