• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Sun and Moon

It sounds like you are a fan of Dragon types but that is okay because I too am a fan of dragons. I would like to see another legendary Dragon mascots for gen 7. We also need a dark type gym because so far we haven't got one.
Do you really think I'm not a fan of Dragons considering muh bias? It's okay, Dragons FTW!!!!!!!

If you look at the anime, you can see that there are more gyms than the ones Ash visit. It would be cool if the next games had that, so that you could chose what gym to visit.

Also, higher difficulty.

And open world would be nice.

RedGoldRubyDiamondBlackX then steel/dragon would be needed to counter bug and poison, could work well if there is a nother fairy legendary somewhere.

Remember Alexander that dragon type was in gen I and II under-used and under-developed.
The last 4 generations tried to repair that and thats why we got fairies now.
But dual typed dragons create more posibilities and not only for fairies but also steel, poison and other types will get aa boost.
The small amount of bug and ground type based pokemon is a hint for the future.

- If we get a ground type gym in generation 7.
Hope that it will based totally on sand, sandstorm team.(Egiptian style.)
(would like to see a Hippodown in gym action,
maybe wih new pokes: ground/fighting jump mouse,
or a flying/ground sand monster(ability: immune to all special attacks,
Base Stats 35/35/55/65/1/62)).

For Gen 7 I'd honestly like to see Ice getting a boost and be able to stand on it's own and instead of having one parent actually having TWO parents, and them both being relevant to the game.
a own Terrain for Ice that heals only it would be enough or too much?
Hail could get the boost that sandstorm did.(why do sun and rain reduce the attack power of oposite types water&fire but ground and ice don't???)

Last edited:
RedGoldRubyDiamondBlackX then steel/dragon would be needed to counter bug and poison, could work well if there is a nother fairy legendary somewhere.

Remember Alexander that dragon type was in gen I and II under-used and under-developed.
The last 4 generations tried to repair that and thats why we got fairies now.
But dual typed dragons create more posibilities and not only for fairies but also steel, poison and other types will get aa boost.
The small amount of bug and ground type based pokemon is a hint for the future.

- If we get a ground type gym in generation 7.
Hope that it will based totally on sand, sandstorm team.(Egiptian style.)
(would like to see a Hippodown in gym action,
maybe wih new pokes: ground/fighting jump mouse,
or a flying/ground sand monster(ability: immune to all special attacks,
Base Stats 35/35/55/65/1/102)).

a own Terrain for Ice that heals only it would be enough or too much?
Hail could get the boost that sandstorm did.(why do sun and rain reduce the attack power of oposite types water&fire but ground and ice don't???)
There are a lot of combinations not used for a Trio, Rock/Dragon, Grass/Dragon, Dark/Dragon, Fighting/Dragon, Bug/Dragon, Fairy/Dragon, Poison/Dragon, and Normal/Dragon. I would chuckle if the next Trio Master, like Rayquaza/Zygarde who are lonely dragons, be Grass/Dragon. Coincidence, or not, all are murdered by Ice.
In other things, I would make Ice resist flying (heck, how you can fly and Attack and being so cold) ground, and... Idk. Not wanting to hurt Grass and Bug more offensively.

- 10 Legendaries, which would include 3 Mythicals, mascot trio, irrelevant/usable in battle facilities trio, and a standalone Legendary like Heatran.
- Mega Johto starters, along with that, give something to Ho-Oh and Lugia, probably in the possible Sinnoh remakes, though.
- 16 Gyms. I'd like to see them try that one more time before giving up on it completely.
- More Fairy types that aren't considered cute by majority. We only have Granbull and Mr. Mime iirc, I'd list Snubbull, but I feel like he's in the middle.
- Start a Pokemon line of amiibo or start using the current amiibo along with new line.

There are a lot of combinations not used for a Trio, Rock/Dragon, Grass/Dragon, Dark/Dragon, Fighting/Dragon, Bug/Dragon, Fairy/Dragon, Poison/Dragon, and Normal/Dragon. I would chuckle if the next Trio Master, like Rayquaza/Zygarde who are lonely dragons, be Grass/Dragon. Coincidence, or not, all are murdered by Ice.
In other things, I would make Ice resist flying (heck, how you can fly and Attack and being so cold) ground, and... Idk. Not wanting to hurt Grass and Bug more offensively.

I see now a weaker trio of steel/flying, poison/flying , fighting/flying made of Greek Furies (harpies) with a ubber fairy/dragon or grass/dragon like You said.(three type combos that were rarly used in past, but would want also more regular pokemon with this type combos. flying lizards (flying/steel), owls(flying/steel), cranes(flying/fighting), parrots(flying/fighting),
gas based creature flying/poison).

a Medusa (Greek myth) would be a interesting pokemon. (poison/fairy, but maybe it could get an attack that paralyzes and attaches the rock type, and have good moves to harm it then.)

A lower based dragon trio(typings not matter) would suggest a ice/fairy based main legendary (Fenrir wolf), and a main poison/steel counterpart, with maybe a high main fairy/dragon or fairy/poison legend.

more Type based abilities or abilities that match the physical characteristics of the pokemon:

for Sylveon (for pokemon what can catch other with part of themself):

-Fairy Ribbons-
by physical contact may cause the target to flinch. When the target attaks the user of this ability directly it may flinch. (30% normally, if target uses the same move it rises to 50%) .

Whiscash move Ticle was not enough good to make sense of stoping the foe from attaking the user or they could buff it with priority and 40% flinching. (moves that don't do damage also would need it if they only reduce stats.That would make them more common to use.)

Fairy Dance (this sounds more like o cool move, something like Detect + status rise)

Maybe also more moves and abilities that react to special attacks.(Lotus effect, energy manipulation, mirror effect, maybe a Mime based Wall (protect ) move that would also attack on the same turn?
Or a Dimension Trap; psychic based on the bug type move Powder, but against all special attacks.
Thats why I want pokes with the ability that gives immunity to all special attacks and a other for physicall ones. This would boost importance of the split in special and physical stats.

Last edited:
We also need a dark type gym because so far we haven't got one.

They've had since Gen 2 to put in a dark type gym, I think it's a shame we haven't had one yet.

It might have something to do with how dark type pokemon are portrayed as trickster, foul-play types used by criminals, and very often feature on the Evil Team's roster. However the Evil Teams use poison types, and we got Poison Type gyms. Sigh. Hey - what if we got a kind of callback to gen 1 and had the leader of the evil team running a gym again? That would make a great dark type gym!

I think dark types are great fun, and a dark type gym could be very creative. C'mon, Gamefreak, listen to your fans! :p

A grass/dragon legendary or one in a trio, would need something interesting , a move and a ability to withstand it weakness longer.
Harsh grass ( grassy terrain, something like a jungle)? Multiscale? or something totally new.

what would you say to Angel based trio?
flying/electric, steel/fairy with levitate, and ghost/flying?

Prankster given to pokemon of the following types: dragon, rock, ground, water, fire , ice, poison, normal. Maybe to a starter pokemon for once? A defense oriented or dual typed weak fire or a fast water starter with it?
Mold Breaker could also be given to the rest of types that dont have it: fire, ice, fairy, psychic and so on. (then my wish for a dark/ghost with wonder guard and some pokes with ability to be immune to all special attacks and others with oposite to all the physical attacks will some day hapen.)

Other abilities could also be used more with other type combos.

Last edited:
I'd like to see them give the Pokedex more uses and overhaul it into a more comprehensive guide where you have to unlock parts. I'll explain some ideas (kinda rambly).

They should give it a new feature to keep track of type match-ups. You'd have to unlock them by using them in battle (so when you use a Fire move on a Grass type or a Normal move on a Water for the first time, it would recognise you've unlocked that and show it in the section). That way newcomers and more casual players who struggle to remember the type match-ups will have something easily accessible in the game that they can refer to without having to check Bulbapedia or Serebii to remind themselves. It could also log each Pokemon's type match-ups (taking into account if they are dual type too) on part of the Pokedex page, so even dual types can be seen as you do more and help remember some of the Pokemon that are more tricky to remember their weaknesses/resistances. It just doesn't make sense to have the type match-ups so obscure when you play as someone who is essentially researching the Pokemon + region.

A similar feature in the Pokedex showing level-up moves, abilities and egg moves for each Pokemon as you encounter and unlock them should be implemented too. They shouldn't be there from the start but added as you find out that Torkoal learns x move at y level, etc. If the Pokedex is meant to be a research device it should reflect what you find out about each Pokemon and make it easily accessible while playing the game.

Also an off-branch Mega Dex would be a good addition if they keep adding more to make people feel its worthwhile tracking the stones down and using them.

A grass/dragon legendary or one in a trio, would need something interesting , a move and a ability to withstand it weakness longer.
Harsh grass ( grassy terrain, something like a jungle)? Multiscale? or something totally new.

what would you say to Angel based trio?
flying/electric, steel/fairy with levitate, and ghost/flying?

Prankster given to pokemon of the following types: dragon, rock, ground, water, fire , ice, poison, normal. Maybe to a starter pokemon for once? A defense oriented or dual typed weak fire or a fast water starter with it?

Other abilities could also be used more with other type combos.
I justo want a Grass/Dragon Legendary who is the internal trio master of its group (that way al internal trio masters are murdered by Ice). The flying trio is good, rare typings give it a plus too. For the Grass/Dragon Mega or Form, an ability to only have the Dragon weaknesses? (Kinda like Mega Rayquaza)

For once, I'd like to see a quartet of Pokemon, instead of a trio. We always have those. A quartet of Pokemon based around the four elements would be interesting.

I think Ethereal Gates, a fan game, did this.

and mega unova starters pls, if not sooner

Having a tough battle against the dad in the very end of game apart from elite four and the campion would be epic. Tough as Red in HGSS.

And a generation without a single Pokémon with no evolution. I mean evolving is one of the best things in the game. What name on earth are Pokémon without evolution even being considered?

A champion with a legendary in his team could be interesting and new for gen 7.

What about Legendary Pokémon? They never evolve, outside of Mega Evolution and Primal Reversion.

Anyways, having a non-competitive ingame Trainer with any Legendary Pokémon would be overkill.....

If the next generation is indeed on the NX and has crossplay, I think it'd be a good idea to have some kind of co-op mode to help take advantage of a potential console release. If you can bring your game to a friend's house and play it on the big screen with them, that would be a huge benefit to playing Pokemon on console. I can easily see Game Freak wanting to create an anime-esque experience where you can travel with your friends through the region.

(y)

Mega Samurott looking similar to this hoo boy

Serperior's is going to look amazing too, I can tell.

I'm of the few who loves all of Serperior, Samurott and Emboar. So any more attention for those guys I would be fine with.

That Mega Samurott design is GLORIOUS. I love the colouration and that extended beard.

I'm fond of all three myself as well, I'm hoping we get them sooner than later. Don't let me down, Gen VII!

Okay, I have a new idea for a Pokémon region. How about, instead of basing the new region off of an existing area, Game Freak should either make up their own region and concepts for it or base it off of some sort of mythology or concept. After all, if Game freak is trying to get away from the whole "Pokémon takes place in the real world" thing by retconning existing countries/cities/area into Pokémon regions and avoiding all mentions of real world animals, then they might as well try to avoid basing future regions on real world geography altogether.

That way, Game Freak has more freedom to implement different settings into the Pokémon World like a floating continent.
One of the most interesting patterns of the games is that every region is based on a existing area, and the way this is developed became am unique feature. Being based on a real location doesn't mean that must to be 100% true to the geography . For example, NY don't have a tower neither a gigantic desert, neither France have a glitch cave (as far I know). There always hybrid and random ladscapes in the region due to variety purposes. The same apply to the animals that are based pokemons, it's not restrict to the wildlife or myths of each area, otherwise would be boring and predicable.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom