• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Sun and Moon

Id love more Pokemon. Another 100+
Either Soaring OR the dexnav fly to come back.
And the expanded pokedex from Kalos. I was so disapointed that they didnt have it in ORAS.

I dont want them to add Amiibo support. But i can see them using the cards, like in Animal Crossing Happy Homes, just so they can get All the pokemon as amiibo. Ooh! maybe the next generation of pokemon cards will double up as amiibo! (Im still not buying them)

ALLOW ME TO RE-NICKNAME TRADED POKEMON FOR THE LOVE OF ARCEUS.

I DO NOT WANT TO KEEP SPERMY THE GARCHOMP'S NAME.
I DO NOT WANT GAY THOUGHTS THE PERFECT PIDGEY.
I DO NOT WANT 'AQQQQQ771H' THE AZUMARILL
I do not want my weeb nicknames for my old Pokemon... *coughs*

I want that the effects of crossing Grass Pledge , Fire Pledge and Water Pledge in single battles be posibble not only in Double and Triple battles, that one after a other used by one pokemon activate the effect of Swamp, Raibow, sea of fire.
If you use one of thsoe three moves and the oponent uses a random fire, grass or water move the effect should hapen and give you the boost from it, or a disadvantage if it reversed.
Your oponent uses a random fire move and you Grass Pledge, then its a double edge sword.
If the oposite then you have advantage.

In accordance with the anime, I believe one thing that I would want to be done in Pokémon Sun and Moon would be necessity of a strong bond between the trainer and Pokémon to achieve Mega Evolution (of course the bond would be measured by its Friendship). The duration for which Pokémon will remain Mega Evolved can also be based on Friendship; Pokémon with low Friendship would not be able to pull off Mega Evolution at all; one with a higher Friendship might be able to pull it off for three to four turns while one with the highest might remain Mega Evolved for the entire battle.

Also, in addition my above comment ^^, I would also like to have a facility where Trainers get to show their bonds and their feelings for their Pokémon, such as, a facility where Trainers are asked to prepare gifts for their Pokémon from the various accessories present in the facility. I believe this would highlight the concept of Trainer-Pokémon bond and the responsibility a Trainer has towards its Pokémon, which are merely talked upon in the games.

ALLOW ME TO RE-NICKNAME TRADED POKEMON FOR THE LOVE OF ARCEUS.

I DO NOT WANT TO KEEP SPERMY THE GARCHOMP'S NAME.
I DO NOT WANT GAY THOUGHTS THE PERFECT PIDGEY.
I DO NOT WANT 'AQQQQQ771H' THE AZUMARILL
I do not want my weeb nicknames for my old Pokemon... *coughs*
I also really REALLY want to nickname my events. My poor Hoopas...

I want more stat buffs for weaker Pokemon. Like the ones Butterfree, Pikachu, etc, got last gen except significant. Mostly to help alleviate the power creep and better stat placement in newer gens.

Personally, I'd like to have the ability to challenge the Gyms in any order, a la A Link Between Worlds; each Gym Leader's team would get stronger depending on how many Gyms were beaten prior.

But of course, as my suggestion for an easy mode a la "Fire Emblem Fates" and its "Phoenix Mode" got insulted here, well, my Gym idea will most likely get slammed for no reason whatsoever... T~T

I like that idea and also thought of it, but it would take a long time listing which Pokemon the gym trainers used depending on the order they were fought and a longer time still listing every position for every gym leader.

Ooh I got a good one. How about Challenge/Hard Mode, yeah, the one from BW2 that hasn't been used since. It really was a step in the right direction and I thought they were going to include that stuff in every other game after but they haven't. Look up Iris's team in Challenge Mode, her Pokemon are actually tough in comparison to her normal teams, and that holds true for everyone throughout the game, especially in the latter portions, they'll even be holding items. I want the games to actually be hard. The last time I felt challenged was honestly FireRed/LeafGreen for the mid 60's Champion and the huge level curve from like the 6th gym to the 8th gym, it was extremely hard to have a balanced team and keep up with the level curve, I always found myself out-leveled around the 7th and 8th gym. The same held true, although to a lesser extent, in Diamond and Pearl, and they made Platinum quite a bit easier. I understand wanting the games to appeal to kids but hell, some of us want the main game to actually be hard. I can't remember the last time I failed a Pokemon League challenge to be honest.

I want Gallade, Electivire and Golurk to receive buffs because reasons. To go with Gallade and Electivire, Magmortar and Gardevoir should also get buffed. I also wouldn't mind seeing Megas get nerfed a bit to make things easier for non-Megas so we have the variety of Pokemon in OU we had in previous gens.

Personally, I'd like to have the ability to challenge the Gyms in any order, a la A Link Between Worlds; each Gym Leader's team would get stronger depending on how many Gyms were beaten prior.

But of course, as my suggestion for an easy mode a la "Fire Emblem Fates" and its "Phoenix Mode" got insulted here, well, my Gym idea will most likely get slammed for no reason whatsoever... T~T
Well... In all honesty the Phoenix Mode destroyed the point of the game. This is actually an idea that holds merit, so long as they scale everything rather than just the Gyms, 'cause nobody's going to go straight to Gym number "8" if the wild Pokemon and random trainers are still around level 40-ish. Lots of people have asked for this, and if done right I think it could be good.

I can understand phoenix mode since conquest can be quite brutal.

But pokemon is easier than birthright could ever hope to be so if you suck that bad that you need a phoenix mode with the new exp share I don't know what to say.

Sorry if someone has already posted this, but I had an idea. Hawaii is a group of islands, and many people go there to surf those ways. I'd like to finally see the removal of HMs, and no need for Surf anymore either, as Hawaii has a huge surfing community. We could go across bodies of water on surf boards or boogie boards. :) I'd like to also see the return of soaring as well so we don't need fly. And to dive, maybe get some scuba gear along the way? Just some little things I'd like to see.

I take it that with the new region being based on Hawaii, Kalos and the Alola region are not going to be connected like Kanto and Johto. I'm just taking a guess.

Maybe with the region being set in Hawaii, I'll get that dolphin Pokemon after all!

@Jaguarfire I like the scuba diving idea! I'm hoping that'll be a thing! Like Dive, but using your human-self without the use of a Pokemon.

In segments where you have to control a partner, (Barry at Mt. Coronet, Serena in Team Flare HQ), have complete control of their Pokemon during the double battles.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom