• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

Things you were thinking of buying

Zan! Testu! Ken!!
Reaction score
Like my "What video games were you thinking of buying?" thread, this thread meets in the middle of "Newest Purchase" and "What are you currently thinking about?" So what were you thinking of buying? Feel free to post pictures of the item, as well! I am currently thinking of buying my first pair of Converse shoes and I think I found good ones:

Team Rocket Executive
Reaction score
I could use a new USB key or two. I've been using a 4GB one for many years, but it's always been on the slow side (didn't know anything about flash drives when I bought it) and it's probably approaching the end of its life (flash memory can only be overwritten so much before it fails).

I'm currently considering buying a somewhat large, perhaps 16 GB drive with USB 3.0 speeds supported. This would be for transferring files; a working drive, essentially.
Then I'm thinking of buying a larger (64 GB?) drive for backup purposes. I might go with a cheaper USB 2.0 model for this.

G50

Night Owl
Reaction score
The DVD box sets of all three American Horror Story seasons.

No one
Reaction score
New plushes, honestly. Trying to catch up on the different versions I want.

Monoceros
Reaction score
A couple of new pairs of shoes, as the ones I have are getting old and wearing out.

dig

User Online
6 feet deep
Reaction score
@kyogre545; great thread idea :)

Hard-Fi's debut album. It's like £2 on amazon.

Monoceros
Reaction score
Another pair of earbuds, as the kind that I really like seem to be in short supply and I want a few backups just in case.

Move along, move along
Reaction score
Quite a few things, actually; I have some stuff saved for later in my Amazon cart.

Some of things include:
-A portable hard drive because why not.
-A 30-pin to USB cable for my iPod, but ever since my last third-party one failed within, like, a couple months, I'm not sure if I should buy another third-party one or just chalk up the money to get from the Apple store.
-Some Platinum/Diamond Edition Disney movies because I need to complete my Disney movie collection.
-Apparently I also want Personal Trainer: Cooking and America's Test Kitchen: Let's Get Cooking, both cookbooks for the Nintendo DS. I think I was going through a cooking phase when I added those.

dig

User Online
6 feet deep
Reaction score
I was gonna buy my brother a Cure best of today, but he didn't want it.

Dost thou talketh to me?
Reaction score
I was thinking about buying one of those single cup coffee makers, I've always wanted one and still have my money from Christmas. And maybe Fire Emblem: Awakening if I can find it.

Patron Saint of Nightmares
Reaction score
An action replay powersaves for my 3ds.

Since it tremendously helps with cloning.

Zan! Testu! Ken!!
Reaction score
I'm going to Chinatown tomorrow, so I'm hoping I could buy a solar powered Maneki Neko. Hopefully if my dad isn't tired, I could visit Nintendo World and get a Froakie and Fennekin Pokedoll.

Move along, move along
Reaction score
I'm going to Chinatown tomorrow, so I'm hoping I could buy a solar powered Maneki Neko. Hopefully if my dad isn't tired, I could visit Nintendo World and get a Froakie and Fennekin Pokedoll.
You should go to Nintendo World even if your dad is tired because that place is awesome.

---

I was thinking of buying some songs from iTunes, but lately I've haven't been using my iPod and instead streaming my songs via YouTube and sometimes Spotify, so now I'm wondering if I should just stick to the streaming route for these songs.

Straight, No Chaser
Reaction score
Buying a pair of Converse All Stars Classics. My first high tops!

Those who have gone to Nintendo World, how much are Pokeplushies?

bonsoir je m'appelle lafayette
Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying more college sweaters to give more variety to what I wear to college.

Zan! Testu! Ken!!
Reaction score
You should go to Nintendo World even if your dad is tired because that place is awesome.
Yeah, I know. I've been there a lot(train station is right near my house.) XD I think we'll just take the subway to Chinatown and then to 47-50th Street.

Buying a pair of Converse All Stars Classics. My first high tops!

Those who have gone to Nintendo World, how much are Pokeplushies?
The Pokedolls and PokeCen plushes are currently $12.99, DX Pokedolls I believe are 22.99, large PokeCen plushes are $34.99, life size plushies are $39.99. The Pokedoll prices have gone up by $4. Years ago, they used to be $9.99, but the price went up by every year since 2010.

Last edited:

G50

Night Owl
Reaction score
One last Pokemon Y game.

Reaction score
The new super smash bros when it come out this summer.

crystallineEntropy
Reaction score
Bravely Default, but I figured I'd wait until I actually want to play it.