• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you wish people knew about you...

Reaction score
The title pretty much speaks for itself. List or explain at least one thing that you wish people knew about you...

Example:
I wish people knew I'm not straight because when I stare at a girl she thinks I'm hating, but really I'm just lesbian

There are a lot of things I wish people knew about me. Lots of people seem to mistake me for being a smartass (at school, anyway), when in fact I'm really not that smart at all. Whenever I end up failing an exam or test in school, everyone ends up being shocked, and I always have to explain that I'm really not that smart and really half of my good results are just flukes.

I wish the people who spread rumors about me being a "heart-breaker" knew that I am actually a deep, sensitive soul who loves long walks on the beach, has many leather-bound books and an apartment that smells of rich mahogany. I just can't keep myself to one woman!* They are ALL wonderful in their own ways!

*Unless that lady were Lt. Hawkeye

I wish people didn't think I would ever intend on hurting another person. The way I joke around can be a little harsh at times, but I don't mean any harm...

I wish that people in school (teachers, really) knew that it's not that I'm just trying to be difficult or anything, but that I just don't like group projects/assignments because I am uncomfortable working with people I do not know well and would prefer to be graded on my own merits and not whatever we cobble together as a group.

I also wish people could tell that I have not had it very easy and whenever I don't listen to what you are saying, I don't have any control over that. I have extreme trust issues and even if people have known me for the longest time, I still can't trust them. Mostly because people often kick me out of their lives and ignore my existence. I never try to be difficult, in fact, that's the last thing I want to be. As much as the truth about you're opinion on me would sting, I would rather hear that than find out you were lying to me the whole time. I have no control over my emotions, and they are constantly changing, but even with all of my personal problems, I still love people and help them in any way I possibly can. Hell, I would sacrifice myself for the life of another person.

This is probably obvious by now, but I have incredibly low, if not a lack of self-esteem. Tell me I messed up, and I'll lock up. Yell at me, I'll cry. I have difficulty telling if people are being sincere with their compliments, but I truly wish I could accept them. If I don't talk to you for whatever reason, I'm usually bothered by something and it would be best if I was left alone. I would much rather resolve my own problems than have someone help me, but I recently realized that the fact that I keep things buried inside is probably why I'm the person I am...

This is very silly, but I wish people knew that I'm not very 'zany'. People seem to assume that I am. Maybe it's because I am friends with people who identify as such? I just worry that people expect me to be an interesting, cool, off-beat person. Seriously, don't expect to be splitting your sides or discovering new things or whatever when you're with me. I have very low levels of zaniness.

I wish that people could really understand that I'm not as calm and 'harmless' as I appear to be. I mean, if you build your entire image of me on that something is wrong there. I'm pretty cynical(and I don't really have shame in admitting it because I mean why not) and I'm also never as calm as I appear to be... if I ever do seem that way.

It bothers me when I can feel people seeing only their misconceptions of me when they look at me, which is what I feel like pretty often. Most people see me as awkward, plain, and humorless, as I have nothing to say to most others. I wish they knew I can be entertaining, boisterous, and fun. Sometimes I also wish people could understand some other things I hide from them. The fact that sometimes I'm neither shy, nor happy-go-lucky. I have problems, though less severe than some others are going through, they still hurt.

I wish that people knew they could say things to me and it really doesn't faze me. I don't care if you think I'm selfish for something, just tell me, it's not like I'll get you back for it. I really don't care what others think of me: I say my thoughts on something without caring about others reactions/feelings, so I expect no less back, but people always pull their punches and never say things to my face, so they never get the gist that I really don't care.

I'd also like people to understand that just because I know quite a lot, doesn't mean I a) know everything, and b) don't have problems. I've had people coming up asking me to translate Spanish for them, except I never studied Spanish..."Oh? I thought you were brainy..." No, you just asked a subject you wanted help with but I never took. That one really gets on my nerves. People also assume I don't have issues because I must be so brainy I can solve whatever problems come up, right? Yeah, I wish. Being brainy is part of why I get the problems I get, and a lot of very intelligent people were known (after the fact) to have had mental issues or troubles. This is one I can never get people to understand about me, but wish I could.

I wish people knew that I am actually a huge, often incredibly shy softy when it comes to dealing with others socially - regardless of my tendency to be quite argumentative and cheeky with people I am used to dealing with. I wish people knew that I am not as smart as they always think I am. I wish people knew how much I sometimes believe the self-deprecating humour I use to make them feel less intimidated by me and the conviction I seem to speak with.

I wish the people around me (my fellow classmates hint hint) could see that I'm extremely serious about school and that I get angry at them because they are being distracting and crass instead of them seeing me just as a short-tempered, bossy, rule-stickler.

i'm not antisocial. i'm okay with talking to you beyond a simple 'how was your day?', honest. unfortunately, i have next to no capacity for speaking (i stutter a lot, and my speech is often interspersed with 'um's and 'uhh's), but if you start a conversation with me i'll do my best to hold it up. my sense of humor's alienating and deadpan, and my interests are rather thin, but i can hold a conversation well enough sometimes. i'd like to think that i'm not very intimidating; notwithstanding my reticence, i'm actually perfectly fine with holding a conversation with you. although i'm not a good conversationalist due to years of simply not speaking to anyone (and, by extension, having no friends), i have no quarrel with anyone who wants to talk. i've garnered a reputation for being the 'really smart quiet guy,' but to be honest, i'm kind of an imbecile. that being said, i'd love to talk if you somehow find the time for me. i understand that i'm a bit of a wallflower, being unattractive, extremely introverted and all, but if you ever want to start a conversation, friends, you're more than welcome.

I don't hate gender/sex questions because I'm "shy" - it's because I'm biologically female, but identified as male growing up, and then decided at 17 to begin dressing as a female but I still feel more like a man in drag than a real woman. :lol: It would make things a heck of a lot easier if I could say "I was a boy until I was 17" but that's hard to explain to people.

I just wish people would know that on the inside, I'm a pretty lonely person. I dislike the fact that nobody gives a damn about me when I'm feeling down. No matter how many times I see myself sad, it hurts me for others to be sad, so I wanna be a great friend and help them out. I'd wish people would understand that I'd really wanna be in a relationship, but nothing ever goes my way. And if I do get in a relationship, I wish she would understand that I'd do my best in keeping her and making her happy because it's hard enough trying to get her, let alone breaking up. That's my train of thought...

I thought of another one earlier. I tend to call girls pretty and refer to them as "baby" or just speak about them in a way that I suppose gives off the impression that I'm bisexual/homosexual, which I'm not. Yes, I find females attractive and can appreciate the pros of my own gender, but I'm not necessarily attracted to them. I don't know how to describe it really. I can't see myself ever dating another girl and I don't think of myself as bi, but many people I know get confused by the way I treat people of the same gender, and when I tell them I'm heterosexual usually they just take the piss out of me. I don't really have a problem with having my sexual orientation mixed up, but people disbelieving me after I explain the truth sure can be redundant.

I'm not upset, I just can't multitask - at all. It's either talk or type unless I want to be saying what I'm supposed to be typing or typing what I'm hearing you say.

I wish people knew that I prefer my friends to be girls. I wish those girls knew it wasn't because I wanted to go out on dates. And I wish the guys I have as friends knew I wasn't all that interested in talking about girls (boobs, butts, that sort of thing). I'm not gay, but I just don't want to talk about that. I hate objectifying women. Or anyone for that matter.

EDIT: Silly answer - I wish people knew I didn't want to play Facebook games :p

I wish people knew that I'm not as gullible as they think I am. People in school would trying to trick me into believing things they would say, but I knew they were lying. People still do it today and it bothers me that they think they can manipulate me into believing something unbelievable or unrealistic. I also wish people knew I'm more responsible than they think. They always tell me I'll never get a job if I don't stop procrastinating and playing Pokemon all the time. Honestly, they shouldn't be telling me not to play video games in my spare time and they shouldn't be so concern about my personal life so much cause they aren't my family.

I wish people would drop the rumors about what my abusive ex "did to me." No! He did not cocerse me into sex, but he damn well tried, nor did I let him just him do whatever he wanted
I'm broken yes, but not by him, he was just a scumbag...

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom