• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you wish that did NOT happen in the anime

KenzeyEevee

Be kind and change the world!
Reaction score
Hi! I always found that some things didnt need to happen in the animé. A recent example is Poipoles goodbye. Do you have such examples and why do you find that? Please stay polite against eachother.

Ash losing the Kalos League, especially to Alain is one thing I wish they never did. I still think their whole “If Ash wins a league we must end everything” rule is stupid, and Ash should have gotten a chance to beat Alain . They should have at least given Ash the chance to defeat Alain after the league if they can’t give up that dumb rule.

While I understand exactly why Goodra was released and loved the episode regardless, I do wish Ash hadn't suddenly got another inexperienced little Dragon type as quickly as he did. Maybe I'm overreacting a lot about this but it actually stung to see my at-the-time favourite Dragon type eventually get replaced by Noivern, one of my least favourite Dragon types. At least space the two out with something new in between them, that's what I'd have preferred.

To shorten my list exponentially, Pokemon release plot points. I know that emotional moments are a staple when it comes to anime, I always found plot points dedicated to releasing Pokemon (unless said Pokemon was only meant to be a temporary party member) to be a terrible idea that completely defeats the purpose of the series. The slogan of the series is literally gotta catch em all, something that releasing Pokemon is pretty much counterproductive to.

Another thing that I wish didn't happen was the way Ash lost to Tobias in the Sinnoh League. Sure he was built up to have had a Darkrai but was it really necessary to then give him a Latios on top of that? At very least they could have presented us with the Pokemon that he had used to capture a legendary Pokemon such as how we saw that Spencer had more than just the Regis.

Thirdly, Ash's loss to Cameron. That had to have been one of the worst league endings that I've seen. Not only did they have Ash lose to a guy who had been nothing but a complete dunce since his introduction but Ash lost when he had the advantage of numbers due to a deus ex machina of Riolu evolving mid match. It was just an undignified defeat.

Giving away Gliscor before the end of Diamond and Pearl was unforgivable!
He didn’t actually give it away, he left it there for flight training (which really paid off against Paul). It was shown at the end of Black and White that Gliscor is now at Professor Oak’s lab.

He didn’t actually give it away, he left it there for flight training (which really paid off against Paul). It was shown at the end of Black and White that Gliscor is now at Professor Oak’s lab.
That still meant a lot of Diamond and Pearl episodes without Gliscor.

Ash constantly dying in the films only to come back alive

Ampibom's dumb ass release

Greninja's forced and un-tearful departure

Literally almost everything about BW

Cameron

Rowlett (sorry pal but you've been a useless sod for most of the series)

Cameron

That... damn... I Choose You... scene

and did I forget to mention Cameron?

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom