• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you wish that did NOT happen in the anime

But Ash didn't really grow from that particular experience; he was the same person from the time that he caught Caterpie to the point where he released Butterfree, minus the experience that he had gained as a trainer in that time, but you could easily cite his other battles as a reason for that development.

How did he not grow from it? It showed tremendous maturity to let Butterfree go. It was something we hadn't seen from Ash up till that point.

They could’ve just not given it psychic moves... Butterfree wasn’t really a huge powerhouse on Ash's team and didn’t have to be removed to keep him less powerful.
They didn’t. The point wasn’t about them removing it for the reason of it having the ability to learn psychic moves to hamper Ash, it’s that it had the potential to be something more than just a second rate flyer next to Pidgeotto. Even in The Electric Tales of Pikachu manga it’s shown to have Psychic to effective results. The way they utilized it in the anime was a waste of potential.

How did he not grow from it? It showed tremendous maturity to let Butterfree go. It was something we hadn't seen from Ash up till that point.

I suppose that we just have different ideas of what constitutes growth. Because while Ash did show some maturity when he released Butterfree, he would eventually regress and show his immature side again in many instances after that episode. So any change that Butterfree brought to Ash's character was ultimately fleeting and pointless in my eyes.

I suppose that we just have different ideas of what constitutes growth. Because while Ash did show some maturity when he released Butterfree, he would eventually regress and show his immature side again in many instances after that episode. So any change that Butterfree brought to Ash's character was ultimately fleeting and pointless in my eyes.
Just because someone is mature enough to let someone else go the first time, doesn't mean they won't still have trouble with it the second time.

Doesn't help that it was banned because of something Pikachu did, making it seem like it was just a scapegoat.

I don't know. I thought Dogasu and Suede (I think he made a similar comment) gave a good take on it. Pikachu did it, but Porygon is the one you associate with the episode in the same way you associate say Ponyta with "The Flame Pokemonathon", Gastly with "Ghost of Maiden's Peak" or say Brutella with "Beauty and the Beach";).

One word: Serena. No, seriously. She is one of the most overrated characters I have ever seen. Boring, has a lot of recycled ideas from other characters, the only thing that makes her stuck out was the shipping, which didn't really push her story or her character. And people just love her for that, for something that technically never happened.

One word: Serena. No, seriously. She is one of the most overrated characters I have ever seen. Boring, has a lot of recycled ideas from other characters, the only thing that makes her stuck out was the shipping, which didn't really push her story or her character. And people just love her for that, for something that technically never happened.
What is with you and your Serena hate? I've noticed several of your comments in a similar vein, seems like you only created an account here to hate on her which effectively makes you somewhat of a troll.

I also do not like Misty as well. But Serena irritates me so much more because fans make such a big fuzz about her.

That has always got on my nerves so much, you can tell that he basically only exists just so Ash would lose the Sinnoh Leauge. Well to me anyway

No one will ever convince me that they weren't going to have Ash v Paul be the final match and when they decided to keep Ash for BW they hastily inserted Tobias into the League to do the job.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom